More competition for Wallace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More competition for Wallace

Start negotiations at 10 per year for 5 years..be willing to up to to 12. That should be the ceiling IMO but whoever thinks the draft will deliver us a mike Wallace kindve talent is dreaming. We go that route if we must but TRY AND SIGN WALLACE. $12 million to play and live in Miami..that's not going to be turned down by too many players.

The ideal place for Wallace is Pittsburgh. He knows the system, has a QB able to extend a play and preferring to throw it than run, power running game to free him up, perennial playoff team, and the's already the focal point of their offense. They're offer was more than the 5 year 55M that Vincent Jackson got, and he wasn't even interested in negotiation at that figure.

Unfortunately, the bidding for Mike Wallace BEGINS at 12M per year and goes UP from there. If Miami could be assured of getting him at 12M per year, I'm fairly confident that it would be a done deal. The fact that he could easily get 14M per year is precisely why I don't see him being a Dolphin. The disappointing truth is that every team in the league knows what a weapon he is and how young he is ... and that WR's like that don't usually even hit the FA market.

This silliness where some people think we'll sign both Wallace and Jennings is simply irrational. We will not spend the 22M on 2 WR's that it would take at a minimum to grab both of them. People complaining about Hartline asking for 6.6M probably don't realize that Jennings is asking for 14M (never going to get anything close to that) and Wallace is asking for even more. Realistically, my guess would be in the neighborhood of Hartline at 5.5M, Jennings at 9.5M, Wallace at 13.5M. That's why I see Miami going after Jennings and resigning Hartline. Then drafting 2 WR's with at least 1 of those guys having the speed to play the X, such as Cordarrelle Patterson.

You are RIGHT ON. They are so cap strapped they may have to cut Chris Gamble.

You gentlemen who are so focused on Carolina not being able to sign him are apparently missing the real point of the thread which is: it seems the majority of the board had already had Wallace in Miami when there will likely be a lot of competition out there for him. Wallace becoming a Dolphin is not as sure a thing as most seem to think.

Is he REALLY worth the money he will be getting? That would be a BIG maybe and I would rather use a maybe on 1 or 2 of the guys in this draft which will be MUCH cheaper.

The only thing about that is those guys are unproven and don't always make an immediate huge impact. I'd rather bring in one of the experienced, proven top FA wideouts even if we have to spend a bit of money. This offense needs a major shot in the arm and guys like Wallace, Jennings, Welker or even Bowe would provide that.

Back
Top Bottom