Votes: 10 11.2%
  • New England

Votes: 55 61.8%

• Total voters

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins have added Joey Porter, The Jets have added Thomas Jones, The Pats have added Adualius Thomas, I don't know what good the Bills have done. These are just a few of the moves which have been made thus far in FA. question is which team has improved the most? that doesn't mean which team is the best now because It's hard to agrue against the Pats in that regard. but which team is most improved?

here's a outlook at all that has happened so far:

Miami
signings
David Martin, TE Green Bay Unrestricted 3 years
Joey Porter, LB Pittsburgh Other* 5 years
Departures Bennie Anderson, OL; Kevin Carter, DE (TB); Joey Harrington, QB; Jeno James, G; Eric Kimble, WR; Damion McIntosh, T (KC); Seth McKinney, OL; Randy McMichael, TE; Sammy Morris, RB (NE); Wes Welker, WR (NE); Dan Wilkinson, DT (DEN)
aquired 2nd (NE), 6th (Den), 7th (NE)

New England
signings
Kyle Brady, TE Jacksonville Unrestricted Undisclosed
Heath Evans, FB New England Unrestricted Undisclosed
Larry Izzo, LB New England Unrestricted Undisclosed
Sammy Morris, RB Miami Unrestricted Undisclosed
Adalius Thomas, LB Baltimore Unrestricted Undisclosed
Wes Welker, WR Miami Trade Undisclosed
Departures Corey Dillon, NE, 2nd and 7th draft choices

Buffalo
signings
Derrick Dockery, G Washington Unrestricted 7 years
Langston Walker, T Oakland Unrestricted Undisclosed
Jason Whittle, OT Minnesota Unrestricted 1 year
Departures Matt Bowen, S; Tutan Reyes, G; Chris Villarrial, G; CB Nate Clements

New York
Thomas Jones, RB Chicago Trade 2nd rounder
Departures B.J. Askew, FB (TB); Kevan Barlow, RB; Derrick Blaylock, RB; Bobby Hamilton, DE; Patrick Ramsey, QB; Trey Teague, T

did I miss anything?

The Jets locked up Jerricho Cotchery, that's the best signing of any AFCE team so far.

The Jets locked up Jerricho Cotchery, that's the best signing of any AFCE team so far.

:confused: better than signing Thomas or Porter? I don't even think he was the best move on your team.

If you are just talking improvement then you can't count players your team already had. The Bills lost too much to be considered most improved, even though they did get good O-Line help. The Dolphins (much as I love them) also have lost more than they've signed, although I think Porter is an awesome addition. Therefore it comes down to the Jets getting Thomas or the Pats getting Thomas. Which helps a team more, a great running back or a great linebacker? I'll go with the runningback and give the Jets the edge for most improved- so far.

:confused: better than signing Thomas or Porter? I don't even think he was the best move on your team.

Absolutely, Thomas and Porter are good players(I like Porter better) but they are both being overpaid. We got Cotchery locked up before he could command huge money.

Absolutely, Thomas and Porter are good players(I like Porter better) but they are both being overpaid. We got Cotchery locked up before he could command huge money.

in the era of a high salary cap you will overpay for FAs, thats just how it is... I voted NE, it's between NE and NY. NE added more players so I give them the edge

in the era of a high salary cap you will overpay for FAs, thats just how it is. I voted NE, it's between NE and NY. NE added more players so I give them the edge

NE has a formua of success they have used and it has never involved overpaying for high priced FAs. The teams that do that aren't the teams that win Championships. You can overpay YOUR players but not FAs, it doesn't work.

NE has a formua of success they have used and it has never involved overpaying for high priced FAs. The teams that do that aren't the teams that win Championships. You can overpay YOUR players but not FAs, it doesn't work.

NE has so much cap space that I think it's not that big of a deal. they wanted Thomas and they feel they needed him to compete with Indy and SD so I call it a good move. I agree they overpaid and got the lesser player of the two (Porter > Thomas) but it's the Morris, Brady, and Welker additions which put them over you guys. (although they overpaid Welker also)

So far the patriots by FAR. they added adaluis thomas which isntantly boosts their defense, sammy morris will probally become their best ST player and good backup to maroney. not to mention they made it to the championship last year already.

All we have done is cut most of our offensive players and add joey porter...

I'd grade these teams so far on freeagency
1. Pats
2. Jets
3. Dolphins(doing good job aquireing picks for the draft, not overspending in FA)
4 Bills(they lose nate clements and london fletcher , overpay for average lineman.)

We also signed Kenyon Coleman today, that will help our D-line.

I have to vote NE based on volume of player.

NE has so much cap space that I think it's not that big of a deal. they wanted Thomas and they feel they needed him to compete with Indy and SD so I call it a good move. I agree they overpaid and got the lesser player of the two (Porter > Thomas) but it's the Morris, Brady, and Welker additions which put them over you guys. (although they overpaid Welker also)

They always have cap space but they wisely don't use it the way they are this year. Morris and Brady- great moves, Thomas and Welker- I don't like either move.

I'm a Pats fan, so FWIW. You need to look at what teams lose as well as what they acquire. The Thomas signing is potentially huge for the Pats as it fills a specific need with one of the best OLBs in the league. Kyle Brady is a very good blocking TE who will be a role player -- But, I'd rather have Danial Graham. Morris brings some things that Dillon might have lacked, but the reverse is true also. Morris is probably going to help more on special teams and potentially in the passing game, but Dillon was probably a better inside running back. Welker has the potential to be a very effective possession receiver in the Pat's system so his addition definately improves the receiving core. The Pats still need someone who can stretch the field vertically.

I voted NY Jets because they added a very good player to a weakness of their team. The Jets offense was not very good last year.

The Dolphins and Patriots added to a strength of their team. Maybe these addition put their defenses in the class of the 2000 Ravens, but I highly doubt it.

Th Bills lost their 32 year old MLB and have replaced him with their best LB, former all-american MLB Angelo Crowell. Bigger, faster LB. Crowell was replaced, at the moment, by Keith Ellison, who as a rookie played very well.

We lost Nate Clements. Very good player. We will miss him. But we gain in having Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner going into their 2nd years. As long as they progress, we have 2 up and comming safties to help out back there.

As for Dockery. He has been average to begin his career, last year however he was not average. Dockery played at a very high level last year. Not worth Hutchinson money YET, but was worth around 25-30 million and every Redskin fan acknowledges that. They wish they locked him up the year before. They feel he hasnt even reached his potential and his best days are ahead of him.

SO, I know I am a Bills fan, but I would have to say Dockery was the 2nd biggest improvement for a position in AFC east, if not the biggest, behind Thomas Jones. Miami's LB's were good. NE's LB's were good. NY jets RB's, were not good. Bills OL, was not good.

But really, I think we all got better.

Back
Top Bottom