Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Miami

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • New England

Votes: 55 61.8%

• Total voters
Don't forget that Franchise tag we placed on Samuel...that was a big improvement.

That's exactly why signing Jericho early was a great move, now a tag doesn't have to be wasted on him and he's not disgruntled b/c of it.

It was a great move extending him before guys like Wes Welker got overpaid and would have shot up Jericho's pricetag so now we don't have to worry about losing him after next year or have to tag him like you did w/ Samuel.

It doesn't necessarily improve us but Welker, Washington and Stallworth don't necessarily improve NE either. Our WR corps is still MUCH better than yours but you have the edge at QB like you do against every team.

You're almost there but keep trying. Resigning a player doesn't improve you. This thread was predicated on improving the team over what you previously had. If you really don't believe the additions of Welker, Stallworth and Washington aren't an improvement over Gaffney, Caldwell well there is no hope in me convincing you. I guess you'll just have to wait and see. My opinion is your just in denial.

That's exactly why signing Jericho early was a great move, now a tag doesn't have to be wasted on him and he's not disgruntled b/c of it.
can you give me some links to this disgrunt of asante .i saw his interview a few days ago and seemed very happy with the situation.

btw, even last year he pratices in florida .he usually does voluntary training their even when he was on contract....so i would not look into that unless if he was here before and not now.

My statement about Samuel was sarcasm. I'll give you this resigning Cotchery was a good move but it wasn't an improvement to the overall team.
Now this resigning is no garantee that somewhere down the road Cotchery won't feel cheated and hold out wanting a contract upgrade or a trade, not to mention injuries.

The list for NE is including Heath Evans and not Dan Koppen their center ????

can someone explain this please.I still think he is very important part of the offence as the defence caller and protection caller for OL.

Also, missing billy yates who signed a 3 yr contract...and is a SB winning lineman who is a backup but a terrific one .
Dan Koppen is not a FA he is signed through the 2009 season.

Its a stand still move, that player was already there, already under contract for 07. If your team extended JT's contract would you consider your team Improved

Yes because keeping such a pivotal player on your team is a good move, it is not a downgrade so it must be an upgrade.

can you give me some links to this disgrunt of asante .i saw his interview a few days ago and seemed very happy with the situation.

btw, even last year he pratices in florida .he usually does voluntary training their even when he was on contract....so i would not look into that unless if he was here before and not now.

Don't belive everything you hear, this guy wants to get paid and he sees lesser caliber players breajing the bank w/ NE- you can bet he's upset.

You're almost there but keep trying. Resigning a player doesn't improve you. This thread was predicated on improving the team over what you previously had. If you really don't believe the additions of Welker, Stallworth and Washington aren't an improvement over Gaffney, Caldwell well there is no hope in me convincing you. I guess you'll just have to wait and see. My opinion is your just in denial.

IF Stallworth stays healthy and plays every game and gives his best effort then you will be improved but that's a BIG if. Welker does nothing for you, washington is garbage.

My statement about Samuel was sarcasm. I'll give you this resigning Cotchery was a good move but it wasn't an improvement to the overall team.
Now this resigning is no garantee that somewhere down the road Cotchery won't feel cheated and hold out wanting a contract upgrade or a trade, not to mention injuries.

The fact that cotch won't have to worry about his deal is a plus. For some players they just want to get paid(seee Asante Samuel) but Cotch re-signed early and for less money so he's not just about the money and that is one less thing he and the team have to worry about so it improves morale.

Don't belive everything you hear, this guy wants to get paid and he sees lesser caliber players breajing the bank w/ NE- you can bet he's upset.

IF Stallworth stays healthy and plays every game and gives his best effort then you will be improved but that's a BIG if. Welker does nothing for you, washington is garbage.

The fact that cotch won't have to worry about his deal is a plus. For some players they just want to get paid(seee Asante Samuel) but Cotch re-signed early and for less money so he's not just about the money and that is one less thing he and the team have to worry about so it improves morale.

Whatever. The results of this poll show that 34% of the responders believe NE has improved the most so that should tell you something about your opinions. I also find it rather funny that out of the 4 AFC East teams the jets came in last in the improved the most poll even losing out to the Bills. You've spun this more different ways but its obvious that the majority doesn't agree with you. With that I'm done trying to explain this any further to you and I'm confident that the season will prove out what I've said. Good luck trying to cover those crappy WR when your Jets play the Pats this season.

Whatever. The results of this poll show that 34% of the responders believe NE has improved the most so that should tell you something about your opinions. I also find it rather funny that out of the 4 AFC East teams the jets came in last in the improved the most poll even losing out to the Bills. You've spun this more different ways but its obvious that the majority doesn't agree with you. With that I'm done trying to explain this any further to you and I'm confident that the season will prove out what I've said. Good luck trying to cover those crappy WR when your Jets play the Pats this season.

I don't care what the results of this poll are and what the opinions of the "experts" are, i can formulate opinions on my own. last year the football World was going gaga over daunte tot he dolphins and I argued all offaseason how I thought it was a bad move for Miami and I got lambasted on here and eevn at the Jets boards I visit but in the end I was right like I usually am and will be in this case.

Most "experts" and fans will see big names and assume that team had the best offseason, how many times did washington have the best offseason? We were laughed at in '03 when washington "raided" the Jets and overpaid for players yet we came out on the better end.

I am not worried about your WRs at all, I am worried about Brady and always will be but your WRs aren't very good. All I'll say is good luck to the Patskins, you'll eventually learn how a good team is built and it's not through overpaying for 30 year old FAs or overpaying and giving up picks for a mediore WR or bringing in questionable character guys.

It was a great move extending him before guys like Wes Welker got overpaid and would have shot up Jericho's pricetag so now we don't have to worry about losing him after next year or have to tag him like you did w/ Samuel.

It doesn't necessarily improve us but Welker, Washington and Stallworth don't necessarily improve NE either. Our WR corps is still MUCH better than yours but you have the edge at QB like you do against every team.

That's funny because if the Jets WR's are so much better then the Patriots, then how come the Patriots were ranked 11th in the NFL last year in Rec. and the Jets "great" Wr core was ranked 19th? Is the Jets QB that bad? Or is Brady that much better? I guess it doesn't make much of a difference either way because the WRS the Patriots will now be putting on the field this year are better than than the ones that ranked higher than the Jets last year. Also, last I checked Tom Brady was still the QB for the Patriots & Noodle Arm was still the QB of the Jets, ya see were I'm going with this???:rolleyes:

That's funny because if the Jets WR's are so much better then the Patriots, then how come the Patriots were ranked 11th in the NFL last year in Rec. and the Jets "great" Wr core was ranked 19th? Is the Jets QB that bad? Or is Brady that much better? I guess it doesn't make much of a difference either way because the WRS the Patriots will now be putting on the field this year are better than than the ones that ranked higher than the Jets last year. Also, last I checked Tom Brady was still the QB for the Patriots & Noodle Arm was still the QB of the Jets, ya see were I'm going with this???:rolleyes:

Chad Pennington is a very good QB, arm strengh isn't everything. Kelly Washington is a nobody, he has never done anything in the NFL and is all potential. Welker is what he is, a very realiable slot WR. Stalleworth was one of the worst signings yet. you way overpaid and the guy is both injury prone and inconsistent. not to mention he has drug problems. your WRs were not upgraded much. just look at it like this, both of the Jets top two WRs are better than any WR on your roster

As much as I love Chad and that I am very happy he's our QB he's not Tom Brady. Brady is the best QB in the league, he could win w/ you and I playing WR for him. That's part of my poitn overall, NE doesn't need to overpay for an average WR like Welker or bring in character issue players, they can grab just about anybody and have success.

Back
Top Bottom