most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal

Lol yet another fan stating the same load of BS. Ya think if you take away a man's CAREER best game, that his stats would look slightly different? Good one Sherlock.
The point is you don't sign a bum that has had 1 good game in a 4 year career. He was completely locked down by good corners his entire career. He doesn't win games for this team. You don't give big contracts to guys like that!!! You can take a lot of career best games away from good receivers and their stats would still be very good because they consistently have good games. Hartline consistently is a non-factor and his career stats prove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be better than it is in a scenario with Wallace lined up opposite of Hartline. You know I wasn't talking about Hartline entering the year as the #1 again, yet you come up with no logical counter to the statement I said above, actually it wasn't a counter at all lol. Not surprising in the least. I'm just here for friendly/logical debate, come at me. :)
If your argument is illogical in the first place, how do you expect me to provide a logical counter? Hartline is an average WR at best, it doesn't matter who's lined up next to him. I'm not sure how you don't get that.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

The point is you don't sign a bum that has had 1 good game in a 4 year career. He was completely locked down by good corners his entire career. He doesn't win games for this team. You don't give big contracts to guys like that!!! You can take a lot of career best games away from good receivers and their stats would still be very good because they consistently have good games. Hartline consistently is a non-factor and his career stats prove it, Sherlock!!!
Bingo.

The point is you don't sign a bum that has had 1 good game in a 4 year career. He was completely locked down by good corners his entire career. He doesn't win games for this team. You don't give big contracts to guys like that!!! You can take a lot of career best games away from good receivers and their stats would still be very good because they consistently have good games. Hartline consistently is a non-factor and his career stats prove it, Sherlock!!!

Lol nice quote at the end, but make no mistake, I am against signing him anywhere north of $6m. I would try to sign him up for $4.5m per, but my top dollar would be around 5 for him. I said this earlier that average receivers have fluke fantasy games like Dallas' Alec Ogletree and go for 120 yards, but you never see an average receiver post up numbers north of 250 and break franchise records.

If your argument is illogical in the first place, how do you expect me to provide a logical counter? Hartline is an average WR at best, it doesn't matter who's lined up next to him. I'm not sure how you don't get that.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

There can be two logical sides of a scenario like this, and I am not discounting yours. I am simply stating if Hartline does not receive the attention of the league's best corners, you wouldn't think he would see the end zone more? It's quite simply, really.

Lol nice quote at the end, but make no mistake, I am against signing him anywhere north of $6m. I would try to sign him up for $4.5m per, but my top dollar would be around 5 for him. I said this earlier that average receivers have fluke fantasy games like Dallas' Alec Ogletree and go for 120 yards, but you never see an average receiver post up numbers north of 250 and break franchise records.
See but that changes the argument though. You post all these condescending comments and then omit that you'd only pay him a couple million/yr less than what he's going to make.

See but that changes the argument though. You post all these condescending comments and then omit that you'd only pay him a couple million/yr less than what he's going to make.

You just came off to me that you were in favor of signing him to a bare minimum contract of 2-3m which would be completely out of question. Your arguments all point to you flat out not wanting him in Miami, which I am conflicting with my own opinion against that scenario.

We know about the injury past and we know that he can get some yardage, but no TD's. This means he can get yards in the open field, but can't get the needed seperation near the goal. He's the clear definition of a reliable #2 guy. A true #1 guy will hopefully make him even better, but you pay him as a good (not elite) #2 WR. The market should be clear on this what most #2 guys get. Offer only what makes sense for a #2 guy and go get a #1 and a TE that can be a threat.

You just came off to me that you were in favor of signing him to a bare minimum contract of 2-3m which would be completely out of question. Your arguments all point to you flat out not wanting him in Miami, which I am conflicting with my own opinion against that scenario.
All I'm trying to say is that he's not worth the dough we're probably going to give him. If we signed him to 4-5 mil that's fine but 6-6.5 is a joke.

Not in today's NFL it is not.

Hartline is not deserving of 6 million a year. But in 2013 when players at certain positions get overpaid all the damn time, and Hartline plays a position that is always overpaid, there is gonna be some dafuq contracts given to those positions.

Hartline is a good receiver that would benefit greatly by having more talent around him. Does he have elite speed or get big separation? No... But he plays the sideline as good as anyone in the league, is a chain mover, is pretty strong with good hands, and is an above average route runner aka not a dumbass. He also has a good rapport with Tannehill, our future, that can't be denied.

Oh, lets not forget that he had surgery last off season and came into the season as cold as a player could due to missing all/most of the OTAs/Training Camp!

A very good number 2? AGAIN, how many playoff teams would Hartline start at the 2 for last season? Hell. there's teams that didn't go to the playoffs that he wouldn't be the number 2 for.

Hartline is a 3 at best.

Umm... Feel free to look up the depth charts. I'll list them: Bengals,Texans, Vikings, Redskins, 49ers are all teams that I believe Hartline would start for as the #2 WR. None of those teams have a #2 WR (not including TE as the second receiving option in this example) that came close to 1k yards or the reception total. I'll also hesitantly throw the Seahawks in there as I think Hartline is pretty close to Tate.

Hartline played BIG this year. He faced all kinds of odds. New playbook, new qb, new everything... And he did it with little to no offseason to prepare physically. Sign him up please, I'd even be willing to pay a little extra to get him to not test FA...

What one TD tells me is that he is not a true number 1, and that he would be a very very good number 2. If we had a megaton, Johnson, Wayne type number 1, then they would be double teamed and Hartline would be freed up. If he signed elsewhere, then he would be missed more than most people realise.

Can I ask you something? How does that make any sense if he is the bad number 1 why do you think he's going to be a very very good number two. History has shown that he is a below average number two receiver when we had Marshall here and was a below average number 1 receiver last year. I don't understand why Dolphins fans seem to be so content with being mediocre and having so many mediocre player. I don't think there is another number 1 receiver in the league that had only 1 touch down in the season. it says something because they are other receivers with terrible quarterbacks and terrible offenses that seem to score on a lot more than Hartline

Hartline is a good team guy n a legit #2 IMO plus we have to keep him for tannehills insurance policy aka go to guy

Hartline is a good team guy n a legit #2 IMO plus we have to keep him for tannehills insurance policy aka go to guy

Yeah sorry but i dont want Tannehills "go to guy" to be Hartline... If he is then Tannehill is never going to grow as a QB and its going to kill his game. I dont want a guy that scores ONE TD and year to be any QBs go to guy.

I'm not even worried honestly. Matthews is going to beat out Hartline for the 2 spot. Bank it.

I'm not even worried honestly. Matthews is going to beat out Hartline for the 2 spot. Bank it.

Thats not going to happen.... not cuz matthews doesnt have a chance or cantr but because if this team pays hartline 6+ mil a year they aint going to let it happen.

Back
Top Bottom