Mussim Muhammed for Pat Surtain | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mussim Muhammed for Pat Surtain

dolphan39 said:
there is no way we trade any 2005 picks when we have already traded our #2 and #5 already. As for trading players, I do not see us trading anyone that we w/not have cut eventually anyway. Wannespiel will be looking over the 6/1 waiver wire for another WR, but no trades

If Cleveland is willing to part ways with D-Cutt for just a 2005 3rd or 4th rounder, I'd do it without a doubt. Of course, this idea isn't including his contract extension. The contract would be more of an issue than the compensation, IMO.

As for trading Surtain, that's crazy. If we were to move Surtain for one of their receivers, it would definately be Stevie. In both cases(Panthers and Fins), it's NOT happening.

And as for Muhammed, Colbert was certainly drafted to replace him. No need to trade for M-dub. I think he'll make it to June 1st.

You'd trade another day one pick for a player who won't start here who will want big money?

This big money given to a WR wouldn't be given to chambers, but to.........Dennis freaking Northcutt?

Wow. Besides this, Muhammad is not even a very good player anymore. He did have a solid postseason run though.

I am not entirely opposed to trading Surtain, but the price would have to be quite steep. I think this is what we'd have to be looking at:

- 2005 1st
- An additional pick or a veteran CB/WR/DT who could contribute this year
- If we don't get a CB back, we have to sign a guy like Buckley and quite possibly somebody else to be sure we have a solid secondary

Why does this make any sense?

- We have indications that our press coverage is doing the way of the Dodo this year due to complaints
- We have reason to believe Surtain isn't a perfect picture of health
- Getting rid of Pat makes keeping Wale, CC, and RM a certainty

I really don't think anybody would pay that price for Pat, but you never quite know...

PhinsmissedFG said:
You'd trade another day one pick for a player who won't start here who will want big money?

This big money given to a WR wouldn't be given to chambers, but to.........Dennis freaking Northcutt?

Wow. Besides this, Muhammad is not even a very good player anymore. He did have a solid postseason run though.

Did you read my post or not? I think I said it clearly that my idea did NOT include the terms of his contract.

And yes...I'd trade a THIRD or FOURTH round pick for a young player who is a good starter(though he'd be the #3), great return man, and great in the slot.

I don't know what you're talking about, Northcutt isn't even looking for "big" money.

You Guys Are Crazy...

if you want to get rid of one of our conerbacks. We need to keep as many CB'S as possible. Patrick Surtain is one of the best conerbacks in the league. You don't trade a corner like that for Mussim Muhammed. If Mussim gets released after June 1st then fine, but IMO he isn't worth a lot. He is a good WR at best.

MiamiDolphins

THE DOLPHINS MADE A BIG MISTAKE NOT DRAFTING A WR IN THE DRAFT.
MARK MY WORDS!!! :fire:

oodolphins said:
if you want to get rid of one of our conerbacks. We need to keep as many CB'S as possible. Patrick Surtain is one of the best conerbacks in the league. You don't trade a corner like that for Mussim Muhammed. If Mussim gets released after June 1st then fine, but IMO he isn't worth a lot. He is a good WR at best.

MiamiDolphins

THE DOLPHINS MADE A BIG MISTAKE NOT DRAFTING A WR IN THE DRAFT.
MARK MY WORDS!!! :fire:

We already had two WRs who are starting quality. Not drafting a WR was not a mistake. I'd rather have Vernon Carey, a quality player who fills a need, than Michael Jenkins or Rashaun Woods. We got what we needed in the first round, and what we needed was an offensive linemen, not a wide receiver.

LdoubleE80 said:
Anyone who would trade Madison for Muhammed should be prohibited from discussing personnel issues ever again. Period.

Anyone who would trade next year's first rounder for a malcontent WR who doesn't even want to play here should also be prohibited from discussing personnel issues ever again.

yes and yes. there were stories coming out of charlotte that mm was tanking it last b/c he wanted peete starting over delhomme. that's not the kind of guy i want in miami, not to mention his injury history. and trading sam for him? forget it, sam may not be what he was in '99, but he is still a fringe pro-bowler and and is worth more than a #3 reciever. maybe muhammed for a ham sandwich, but that's about it

Good lord, I can't believe some of what I'm reading!!

A 1st round pick for Dennis Northcutt?!?! Was it the career 12.5 ypc average or the fact that he weighs 175 pounds that created such allure for a guy who despite being drafted 32nd overall, didn't catch a TD pass until his 28th career game?? That is absolute insanity. The guy is a malcontent who most likely going to be cut June 1st. And that's not the kind of guy I'm willing to aquire for the sake of going into next April's draft picking around 90 or so.

And Sam Madison for Mushin Muhammad?? That is outright laughable. An injury-prone 31 yr old for one of the game's better CBs and a monster cap hit. Yup, sports talk radio is really slow these days. :tongue:

Let me rephrase for those with sensitive sides.

If you want to trade Pat Surtain for a #3 WR I will highly recommend you the Jets so you can "assist" them in all of their dealings.

Does anyone know who Muhhadmad is? When he's healthy is more productive than Chris Chambers and at some point in the league he was considered to be at top 5 wide receiver. He was one of the reasons why Carolina went to the Super Bowl. I believe he lead the league in third down convertion catches.

If any of these suggested trades happened, it would be the end of me.

microwave.gif

Pretty Stupid

No matter what way you look at it trading Surtain or Madison for Muhammad is stupid Madison went to the pro bowl in the past years and is still in his primse and Surtain is getting better and he just went to the pro bowl but i really can't think of the last time Muhammad went to the pro bowl? and besides we already got a good receiving core with Chambers, Boston, and McMichael

juniorseau55 said:
Does anyone know who Muhhadmad is? When he's healthy is more productive than Chris Chambers and at some point in the league he was considered to be at top 5 wide receiver. He was one of the reasons why Carolina went to the Super Bowl. I believe he lead the league in third down convertion catches.

In Muhammed's 9-year career, he has had 2 better years than Chambers' last season. :rolleyes2

juniorseau55 said:

you are right, a ham sandwich would not be able to get him. a turkey sandwich or maybe even a turkey club could snag him, and if it's cut in half, the panthers get a steal. :lol: 'muhhadmad' is not a bad wr, he's just not the same level of wr than sam is a cb, and he can't even carry pat's (or cc for that matter) jocky strap

Back
Top Bottom