My favorite NFL team is 'Miami Dolphins' and my resolution for them this season is _________. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite NFL team is 'Miami Dolphins' and my resolution for them this season is _________.

Sons Of Shula

not a dull boy
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score

The first answer is a given, but what's your answer for the following fill in the blank?

Win a meaningful game against NE. Go big or go home.

My personal football resolutions:
I won't start "Jay Cutler Sucks" threads if he has a bad game.
I won't start "Ryan Tannehill Sucks" Threads if Cutler has a good game. (oops I think I just nailed Finheaven for the next 3 or 4 months).
I won't start "Super Bowl Bound" threads after big wins.
I won't start "Tank" threads if we go 0-2 and act like everyone who doesn't agree with me "doesn't get it".
I won't come to the forum if I'm drunk after Dolphins games (OK like everything else I listed that's probably not happening).
I won't invoke Colin Kaepernick's name after a couple bad QB plays.
I won't post hair brain trade ideas in the main forum.
I won't start "Start Moore" threads if Cutler has a bad game.
I won't start "Cut Moore" threads if I start thinking about the cap midseason.
I won't pick a punching bag and blame everything that goes wrong on him.
I won't say "I told you so" if Mike Pouncey gets injured.
I won't bitch and complain about the offensive line at every juncture.
I will cry if Ajayi goes down to injury.
I will laugh if Cutler has one of his childish media sessions.

Faith in Gase and that he will get the team to the ultimate goal in the near future...even if this season is no better than last year.

Be competitive and smart.

And Devante specifically needs to break out and produce like a #1 WR.

Field an offense that by week 4 is keeping opposing D-coordinators up all night trying to pick their poison.

...and winning of course, but that's by definition as a fan.

Play above average defense EVERY game. I'll let one slide against Brady

Pass me a gas mask and some funky rope-a-dope and wake me up in 2018!!! Naaaaa, I'll be good and just watch and hope like every year. I'll consider it a successful season, if they show, last year wasn't a fluke; even if they don't make the playoffs this season.

Regular Season Resolutions
The Miami Dolphins:
Play hard!
Play smart!
Never quit!
Don't count these wins until the Regular Season has ended!

Playoff Season Resolutions:
The Miami Dolphins:
Play hard!
Play smart!
Never quit!
Don't count these wins until the Playoff Season has ended!

Superbowl Resolution:
The Miami Dolphins:
Play hard!
Play smart!
Never quit!
WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of things that stand out to me.

1. Time to take the offense to the next level. That means Ajayi showing he can dominate on a more consistent basis, Parker advancing his game, Cutler being at least steady (like he was for Gase in Chicago), Landry being Landry and the offensive line being better than many of us expect. On paper, the offensive looks loaded at the skill positions. Time to prove it.

2. Would love to see Howard show he can be a shutdown corner type. The corner position concerns me. Would like to see what a lot of young players can do in the secondary, especially Tankersley. This is an area that could end up being a top pick in the draft for Miami. It's a passing league. Got to stop the pass.

3. The team needs Harris to develop as a pass rusher opposite Wake. I'm willing to be patient, but there needs to be some results. Again, this could be a top need in the draft.

4. If the defense struggles in the Wide 9 format, I'd love to see Burke and Gase recognize this and make some changes. Gase is a smart coach. He made smart personnel decisions on the fly last year. Can he do the same with scheme if things go south? I think that's a question that has been debated here.

5. Obviously, would love to see fewer injuries. The team was absolutely decimated last year.

6. Want to see Miami in the playoff race, playing good football at the end of the season.

7. Honestly, would love to see the team win one playoff game but that's not an expectation.

8. Lastly, I'd like to feel at the end of the season that Miami is on the brink to be a legitimate super bowl contender.

Back
Top Bottom