My favorite NFL team is 'Miami Dolphins' and my resolution for them this season is _________. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite NFL team is 'Miami Dolphins' and my resolution for them this season is _________.

The first answer is a given, but what's your answer for the following fill in the blank?

Team_Miami_Dolphins.jpg

Yes this is my team, and...

7dee85bb71878d687c35cbfc3222ba56.jpg

Go for it all, or just go home.

Here are a couple of things that stand out to me.

1. Time to take the offense to the next level. That means Ajayi showing he can dominate on a more consistent basis, Parker advancing his game, Cutler being at least steady (like he was for Gase in Chicago), Landry being Landry and the offensive line being better than many of us expect. On paper, the offensive looks loaded at the skill positions. Time to prove it.

2. Would love to see Howard show he can be a shutdown corner type. The corner position concerns me. Would like to see what a lot of young players can do in the secondary, especially Tankersley. This is an area that could end up being a top pick in the draft for Miami. It's a passing league. Got to stop the pass.

3. The team needs Harris to develop as a pass rusher opposite Wake. I'm willing to be patient, but there needs to be some results. Again, this could be a top need in the draft.

4. If the defense struggles in the Wide 9 format, I'd love to see Burke and Gase recognize this and make some changes. Gase is a smart coach. He made smart personnel decisions on the fly last year. Can he do the same with scheme if things go south? I think that's a question that has been debated here.

5. Obviously, would love to see fewer injuries. The team was absolutely decimated last year.

6. Want to see Miami in the playoff race, playing good football at the end of the season.

7. Honestly, would love to see the team win one playoff game but that's not an expectation.

8. Lastly, I'd like to feel at the end of the season that Miami is on the brink to be a legitimate super bowl contender.
I couldn't agree more. Very well said and all spot on. Although I believe, Tankersley will surprise and develop much quicker than most expect. He's shown very well in pre season and looks to have taken his game to another level, considering his reputation coming in as a weak tackler. Harris is the one who has me worried the most. Not comfortable with what he's done since the pads came on. Doesn't seem to be able to disengage blockers and get himself lose once an OG or OT get their hands on him. But I love your analysis of the team.

growth

some people may have already mailed it in, but this team is more than Ryan Tannehill. we have lots of young players that we absolutely need to grow up and develop and if they do (X, DVP, Tunsil etc.) we're set up nicely for 2018 and beyond.

Stay strong and stay together. This is going to be a tough season after this hurricane hits. Who knows if we even get a home game, we've already lost our bye.

I don't know about resolution but the strangest thing that could happen this season is for Tannehill to miss the season and for Pouncey to play all 16 games.....that'd be strange

Ozzy rules!!

hopefully have Timmons and Mcdonald inject some much needed "nasty" into the defense.

Employ people who eat sleep and breathe the NFL draft/talent acquisition.

Miami has an excellent young coach. In other words, stop blindly following trust fund GM's and take this sh@t serious. this isn't a place for projects.

focus on talent...nothing else

Fill in the blanks: My favorite NFL team is ___in Miami_____ and my resolution for them this season is ___to finally embarrass NE,Win AFCE and send Brady into a retirement spiral ______.

..is to cover TE's, and sweep the pats en route to the AFCE crown.

Back
Top Bottom