My favorite NFL team is 'Miami Dolphins' and my resolution for them this season is _________. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite NFL team is 'Miami Dolphins' and my resolution for them this season is _________.

Like the late great AL use to say, Just win baby!!!

I couldn't agree more. Very well said and all spot on. Although I believe, Tankersley will surprise and develop much quicker than most expect. He's shown very well in pre season and looks to have taken his game to another level, considering his reputation coming in as a weak tackler. Harris is the one who has me worried the most. Not comfortable with what he's done since the pads came on. Doesn't seem to be able to disengage blockers and get himself lose once an OG or OT get their hands on him. But I love your analysis of the team.

I like what I've seen of Tankersley in preseason. He looks like a better tackler than advertised and shows skills with the ball in the air. He is certainly a possibility long-term opposite Howard.

Sure hopes Harris turns out to be at least a good pass rusher. If he never develops much versus the run, but gets 10 sacks that would be great. At the same time, that would limit him to a third down passing role.

Even if Harris develops, Miami may go for another defensive end pretty high because of Wake's age and the importance of that position.

I like what I've seen of Tankersley in preseason. He looks like a better tackler than advertised and shows skills with the ball in the air. He is certainly a possibility long-term opposite Howard.

Sure hopes Harris turns out to be at least a good pass rusher. If he never develops much versus the run, but gets 10 sacks that would be great. At the same time, that would limit him to a third down passing role.

Even if Harris develops, Miami may go for another defensive end pretty high because of Wake's age and the importance of that position.
I'll be honest, the defense is a concern at DE, IMO because, Andre Branch while he's a leader, just isn't very good and is not as good as Vernon was. Harris remains the key because of his potential. Vernon developed by year 3 into an all around DE. Miami unfortunately needs a quicker development from Harris. Then there is Wake's age and potential to decline. Just not comfortable when you combine all those question marks at that position. At CB, it potentially looks better, because of Tankersley's perceived improvements. But the Achilles injury to Lippett worries me. Is he going to come back and be able to back peddle without issue? Thank goddess they found Mctyer, who has potential to develop. But defense is where I'd be looking at in the first few rounds; inspite of the looming Pouncey and James situations next off season.

Back
Top Bottom