My First Top Ten for 2009 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Top Ten for 2009

heres a pretty good article about some of the top prospects potential/stock by a pro scout. he likes curry but isnt high on reyrey, also love jenkins.

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_encroachment/128/20081027/from_the_inside_talking_with_a_scout/

I read that on a Miami Hurricane board earlier, very good article. Even though it's just one scout's thoughts, it has more weight than most people here. He said his team isn't into picking a CB in the top 10, but would consider Jenkins #1 if he had the choice. That's huge.

Also said there are about 10 safeties that will be good NFL starters, so we don't need to grab one too early, it's a deep position

watching michael johnson match up with eugene monroe the other day give me michael johnson any day over greg hardy.

cody's weight gives me pause. i think we can get a nose a little later than the kind of pick cody will demand.

some guys i really like are hakeem nicks and rashod johnson safety bama in the 2nd round. like to see them both in phins unis but i also like derrick williams and every time i see michael crabtree i come across impressed. he's gotta be a top 10 pick.

at corner give me vontae davis over malcolm jenkins any day.

As I stated, I would take Michael Johnson over Greg Hardy. I stated that pretty explicitly. I put in Hardy as the prediction because I think Johnson will be gone. And, if the Buffalo game was the start of something of a streak for us...LONG gone.

Cody's weight gives me pause as well. That's why I admitted I've been down on him in the past. It's something to keep an eye on.

I love Hakeem Nicks.

And at corner, I stand by Malcolm Jenkins over Vontae Davis. I like the experience, I like the athleticism, the full package. Jenkins has Champ Bailey type potential.

hey CK, what do you think of a CB like Mickens in the 2nd round?

I know I'm not CK, but I've seen Mickens play plenty living in Cincinnati. He can ball with the best of the Big East, but if you saw the game they had at Oklahoma, Iglesias and others blew right past him a coulpe of times. The one big knock he gets around here in Cincinnati is his weight. He's listed at 190 on the Bearcats roster but played at 165 as a junior and is probably somewhere between 170-180. He's got a lot of experience, but isn't too tough against the run, though he'll make an occasional play.

When I look at Mickens, I see a guy that can play, but not a guy that has anything I would say is special.

Anybidy see Mike Roberts DE from Georiga Tech? Tall lean, long arms, can run.

Maybe a OLB?

somebody give me their take on little known ras i dowling from uva. all i know is when i watch him play he's a pro corner and he went to a post grad school for a year so he's eligible and he hits and is a sure tackler with great ball skills at corner. gonna make some team very happy if he runs what i think he'll run and i haven't as a uva fan who's seen every game seen him get beat this year.

Back
Top Bottom