My First Top Ten for 2009 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Top Ten for 2009

Ck, why no talk about Laurinitis?

he is overrated. Usually disapears in big games, cant shed blocks well, his riding the major hype right now. Plus he is about 240 i think or so. Kinda small for a LB in a 3-4. 3-4 LB avg weight is usually 255 lbs.

he is overrated. Usually disapears in big games, cant shed blocks well, his riding the major hype right now. Plus he is about 240 i think or so. Kinda small for a LB in a 3-4. 3-4 LB avg weight is usually 255 lbs.

if you ask most big 10 fans that don't like the Buckeyes, their nickname for Little Animal is Pile Jumper. I'd take Animal in the mid first, but he does have way too many glaring weaknesses to be a 3-4 LB.

And it doesn't help the guy that he was almost invisible in a nationally televised game that was a defensive struggle (where the stars of the game were Aaron Maybin and Navarro Bowman of PSU)

if you ask most big 10 fans that don't like the Buckeyes, their nickname for Little Animal is Pile Jumper. I'd take Animal in the mid first, but he does have way too many glaring weaknesses to be a 3-4 LB.

And it doesn't help the guy that he was almost invisible in a nationally televised game that was a defensive struggle (where the stars of the game were Aaron Maybin and Navarro Bowman of PSU)

yup. same thign vs USC. the guy disapears a lot.

Hey CK, What's your take on Raji, formerlyof BC? He seems like a perfect NT fit.

I've yet to see anything about him that really grabs me and says he's worth a top pick. But he might be worth a 2nd or 3rd, depending on what we do with the 1st.

I've yet to see anything about him that really grabs me and says he's worth a top pick. But he might be worth a 2nd or 3rd, depending on what we do with the 1st.

Oh I agree. It was probably off topic, but, I wanted to ask. I, personally see him as a second. I'd reach to get him, because I think he's a perfet system guy. I would not use a first round on him though.

I am really hoping Cody comes out and we find a way to get him. I would give up one of our #2's if need be.

Well as a Bama fan, I hope Cody stays, but if he does leave which is very likely if he is projected top 10 I would LOVE the fins to get him. The guy is the real deal. He is closer to 355 360 now, but the most athletic big man I have ever seen. The guy could dunk a basketball when he weighed 400 pounds!! He worked super hard in the off season to get to where Saban wanted him weight wise, and everyone has been blown away with his athleticism. The guy could play a fridge type role on our offence too. Played some RB in high school and community college. Started to here before he got hurt. Super nice guy also see him around campus all the time. My only concern would be back problems down the road but he is a rare talent!!!

As for Greg Hardy, I don't want any part in him. No one at Ole Miss likes that guy...huge ego, would be nothing but a headache for us imo.

Why are we calling guys other names. Oh well . But that top 10 is kinda off. I mean it should have Laurinitis, Vonte Davis , William Moore included. Selvie is too small to be efective DE in the NFl and will he produce at LB. I dont think he will. Id rather wait and grab Brian Cushing. We either need to draft Crabtree, Vonte Davis, or Malcom Jenkins with our 1st pick. Unless we sign Asomugha or Chris gamble. We have to have a good CB. When we picked Merling and Langford last year that eliminated the need to take a DE or Dt early this year. Plus I think we trade for Bobby Carpenter or Marcus Spears or Dallas cuts both and we sign them.

If Miami does draft Terrance Cody, then Terrance Cody needs to learn rule numero uno amongst Dolphins fans. He must disown Nick Saban, trash him immediately upon arrival, and recognize him for what he is.... The Anti-Christ.

i totally agree. rey rey isn't playing like a top 10 player and lars isn't either. very dissappointed in what i see this year at ilb.

watching michael johnson match up with eugene monroe the other day give me michael johnson any day over greg hardy.

cody's weight gives me pause. i think we can get a nose a little later than the kind of pick cody will demand.

some guys i really like are hakeem nicks and rashod johnson safety bama in the 2nd round. like to see them both in phins unis but i also like derrick williams and every time i see michael crabtree i come across impressed. he's gotta be a top 10 pick.

at corner give me vontae davis over malcolm jenkins any day.

Anyone else really like Demetrius Byrd out of LSU? Maybe an option for our 2nd second rounder. He always seems to make the play

Anyone else really like Demetrius Byrd out of LSU? Maybe an option for our 2nd second rounder. He always seems to make the play

I'd love Byrd in round 2. The only concern is his lack of experience since he was in JUCO for a while; but the SEC should help him get ready.

Back
Top Bottom