My Opinion:Tony Sparano gave a clue to who is a top of MIA's draft board!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Opinion:Tony Sparano gave a clue to who is a top of MIA's draft board!!!

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[mod]Draft related threads belong in the DRAFT forum[/mod]

Ok. I'm tired of all the hate madness going on back and forth regarding who MIA should pick #1 come draft day. It has gotten quite childish. People are outright saying anything that comes out of their arse, just to be for beck and/or against matt ryan.

Look. I'm taking it back all the way from the start to why I see Matt Ryan as the pick for MIA at #1. I didn't just fall in love with Matt Ryan and just want him to be our pick, just because I like him. No. There are reasons and signs that have led me to believe that he "should" be our pick...or that MIA is indeed considering it.

Let's start from the beginning...

MIA sucks arse in 2007. QB play was horrendous. John Beck fumbles 7 times, scores "zero" TDs in 4 starts and tops it off with a loss 0-3 where our defense played great.

Enter Bill Parcells. BP gives this disgusting look at Ron Wolf when john beck fumbles another snap due to his small hands. I just about threw up. john beck follows that fumble with several 3 and outs of which i have the game recorded commentators stating, "wow, that was a really bad pass...yeah, that was..."

finally, after the game is over and out of reach...lorenzo booker begins to take over and john beck runs it in for a TD. then, with less than a minute left of a blowout loss, john beck finally throws his "only" TD of the year. finally, its over with.

Enter Jeff Ireland. In his opening PC, JI makes the following statements: "There is a lot of work to be done between now and April's draft, and Parcells and I are continuing to evaluate the team's needs, with the quarterback position being one of the 'HIGHER' priorities".

He adds: "the quarterbacks getting ready to play in the playoffs and their importance to their respective teams is a prime example of how significant that position is. those teams that are playing right now have quarterbacks that play at a "HIGH" level".

when asked if he had a high opinion of beck? JI says, "sure, we 'HAD' a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure."

Enter Tony Sparano. (an OL coach by trade). In his initial PC he makes another telling statement when asked if because he was an OL coach, he thought that that was the main position to build your team around?

Sparano's answer was stunning: "“Make no bones about it, I feel like that is an important position, 'BUT' I look at the eight teams that just played this past weekend – and we were one of them – and they all had "QUARTERBACKS" that were OUTSTANDING. I’m "SURE" that the "QUARTERBACK" position is "THE" POSITION TO BUILD YOUR TEAM AROUND...
With that being said, when we arrived in Dallas with Coach (Bill) Parcells, one of the commitments there was, slowly but surely, to try to get the line to play the way it did this past season. That was a work in progress, but when you see the end result and what happened, you know how important the interiors are on both sides of the ball.â€

He said it, not me.

The Sparano makes these remarks on his impressions of john beck: “None right now. I have not 'WATCHED FILM'. I’ll reserve comment that way. At the end of the day, I need to sit down and 'WATCH TAPE'. For me, it’s 0-0. I need to see what’s happening on the film and watch it.

(then this part): "I’m not interested in watching all the 'GOOD' plays. I need to see what’s happening with the quarterback when he’s not winning, when he’s behind and when he’s doing all of those things.â€

So Sparano's opinion of Beck is based on what he saw on tape last season. he wasn't going to judge john beck based on his "college career" or his "hype coming out of college"....he said that he would judge it based on the "tape he would watch of this past season". is it being biased to say that beck was "AWFUL" last season? i think not.

Come Jeff Ireland at the Senior Bowl. He mentions that "DT" and "QB" are his main areas to focus on "this" offseason. They traded for J Ferguson and signed R Starks via FA to show he meant what he said of focusing on "DT". Now he signed J McCown and is waiting the draft to show he means what he said about fixing the "QB" position. His own words.

BP said earlier that MIA will have a "short" list of players on their draft board. So far they have scheduled private workout/interviews with QB Matt Ryan(one of the two positions that JI said was their two highest priorities), OT Jake Long, and DE/OLB? Chris Long.

Well, MIA pushes hard to sign calvin pace during FA. Meaning that of those "3" players, they intended on signing calvin pace which happens to play the same position that jason taylor plays and that chris long plays.
MIA showed its card. They "want" to draft a player "other" than chris long because they attempted to find a replacement for jason taylor by signing calvin pace.

they failed to do so. thus, BP has emphatically denied any JT trade rumors...and is quoted as saying: "only way JT doesn't play for MIA in 2008, is if he retires."

Chris Long was "not" on top of MIA's wishlist. His attempt at signing pace showed that they tried to "avoid" drafting chris long.
So they have shown that OT Jake Long and QB Matt Ryan are higher on their draft board than chris long.

Well, so who is it? Who is on "top" of MIA's draft board? Well, the answer is obvious.

Sparano mentioned that QB was "higher" than OL in position you build your team around in his opening PC.

Jeff Ireland mentioned at the senior bowl, that "DT" and "QB" are his highest priorities to be addressed this offseason.

Jeff Ireland mentioned being intrigued with Matt Ryan and that, and I will quote: "one of those players that we are interested in is not here at the senior bowl right now..."

So? How in the world does anyone in their right mind come up with someone having an irrational "man crush" on a player...when all these clues have led Mike Mayock and anyone who paid attention to all those hints that MIA does indeed have Matt Ryan a top their draft board?

On top of all this...experts acknowledge that OT class is "deepest in years".

On top of all this...Matt Ryan won the Manning Award, given to the nation's best QB, beating Tim Tebow. He won the Johnny Unitas Award, given to the best senior QB. He proved to be a TD machine by throwing 31 tds and leading a team in the ACC to 11 wins.

On top of all this...Jerry Jones, who is BP/JI/TS's former boss and who hired them because of the same reason that BP hired JI/TS...having a likeminded view when it comes to football...states that "the 'ONLY' player in this year's draft that is worthy to trade UP all the way to #1 for is: QB MATT RYAN of BC!"

For anyone to read this and say that believing that BP is thinking Matt Ryan at #1 is unfounded and ludicrous...is just that....unfounded and pure ludicrous!

shame on all u haters and ostriches!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ri1Kl-5YZgY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=05iR_jqoxLI

i leave u with the words by a "defensive" player, of all people, when asked:

"after all of MIA's offseason aquisitions...what should MIA do with the #1 pick?"

Rod Woodson answers on Total Access during the "state of the miami dolphin franchise": "THEY STILL NEED A FRANCHISE QB".

NUFF SAID? SWOOSH, HE SCORES!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Ed,
You say your tired of all the hate and madness, then why in the world are you starting another thread just to try and incite disagreement again. If they Take Ryan they Take him, if they don't they don't! That's how simple this really is. Don't constantly try to read into everything they do or say and claim you know what the plan is! If you were sitting right next to Parcells and Ireland you still wouldn't know what their plan is. So lets just leave it at if they want him they'll take him, Nothing more, nothing less!

I could easily see us taking Matt Ryan in the first and then an OT in the 2nd round. My preference in Jake Long with the first and then Flacco or Henne in the 2nd. Either way though I can't complain. QB and OT have need to be addressed for years. It's nice to have an organization that won't just depend on some other team's retreads.

If the Dolphins were going to draft Matt Ryan, they wouldn't have tried to install the perfect offense for John Beck to run by trying to hire a guy whose mentor was John Beck's mentor and who recruited Beck to BYU.

The pick will be either Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston.

If the Dolphins were going to draft Matt Ryan, they wouldn't have tried to install the perfect offense for John Beck to run by trying to hire a guy whose mentor was John Beck's mentor and who recruited Beck to BYU.

I must politely disagree, I believe that Dolphins hired who they hired is based more a comfort level with that individual coach rather any comfort level with a specific player.

That fact that this coach was John Beck's mentor is actually immaterial to why he was hired.

FIWI: I believe Jake Long will be the pick.

I must politely disagree, I believe that Dolphins hired who they hired is based more a comfort level with that individual coach rather any comfort level with a specific player.

That fact that this coach was John Beck's mentor is actually immaterial to why he was hired.

They tried to hire Carmichael which has Beck ties first, so it had nothing to do with Parcells or Saprano's comfort level. The fact they went after Carmichael speaks volumes over that hod wash in the first post.

Except the point is he wasn't hired. They had this whole new system to build around Beck and in the end, Carmichael didn't leave New Orleans. Anything to do with coaching comfort levels is nonsense. It's about building a system that fits around a QB that they like, which they do.

Great post. If there's only one quote the Beck backers read, I hope it's this one -

"sure, we 'HAD' a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure."

I can't count how many times I've heard the argument, "Talent evaluators like Beck." No. Talent evaluators LIKED Beck. Opinions change after watching a performance like last season's.

I disagree with your theory for us trying to hire Carmichael as offensive coordinator because we had JOhn Beck. While its true that he worked under Gary Crowton who happend to recruit John Beck, the real reason he was probably offered the job was that he had worked closely with head coach Tony Sparano in Cleveland in 2000 and Washington in 2001. There is no way in the world that Bill Parcells was making his OC coordinator postion based on a second year Qb at least in my opinion. Also we dont really know for sure if that is the perfect offense for Beck especially when Robert Anae's version of the spread seemed to really suit Beck much better than the Crowton spread option offense. So maybe if we hired Robert Anae I might feel like its a lock that everything revolves around Beck. Another thing is we really are not sure what kind of offense that Carmichael would have ran since he has never been an offensive coordinator. We then hire Dan Henning instead whose offense seems to be nothing like the New Orleans offense. I mean if we were hiring Carmichael to run an offense that would really suit Beck, why wouldn't our replacement choice be of a similar style.

I think it makes far more sense that we tried to hire Carmichael based on him working with head coach Sparano. Just makes more sense to me that Sparano wanted a guy he had worked with and respected more than, this guy's mentor recruited Beck and he is Qb coach for a team that has a Qb that Beck is compared to by some.

Beck had no chance last year. Marino would have looked like crap (not as bad though) with the lack of talent our offense had last season.

Beck had no chance last year. Marino would have looked like crap (not as bad though) with the lack of talent our offense had last season.

Not even close to true. Marino played on teams with worse talent than the Dolphins had last year. Especially on defense. And he would still manage to put together a winning season, or at least .500. I'll stand by and let people say Brady would have looked like crap, but not Marino. Not in his prime anyway. Hell, Marino present day would have played better than Beck.

Not even close to true. Marino played on teams with worse talent than the Dolphins had last year. Especially on defense. And he would still manage to put together a winning season, or at least .500. I'll stand by and let people say Brady would have looked like crap, but not Marino. Not in his prime anyway. Hell, Marino present day would have played better than Beck.

You really have a blurry vision of the past, that falls in line with your vision of M.Ryan. You really need to get your eyes checked out.

All I can say is wow, what were you watching.

Does Dwight Stephenson mean anything? Duper, Clayton, Moore, the killer B's? AJ duhe?

I can go on. Marino never had a void of talent like we had on offense or defense.

What teams were Marino on worst than last year...You do remember we went 1-15. I have been a finzfan for over 20 years and i don't remember a team this bad and with all the injuries...Marino would have looked just as bad Marino had one the best coaches ever as his coach he would had never put marino in a bad situation if he felt he was not ready!!!!

Great post. If there's only one quote the Beck backers read, I hope it's this one -

"sure, we 'HAD' a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure."

I can't count how many times I've heard the argument, "Talent evaluators like Beck." No. Talent evaluators LIKED Beck. Opinions change after watching a performance like last season's.

I hope Beck backers look at that quote too and laugh at the ignorance that someone will put quotes on a quote to prove a point :rolleyes2:the statement was "we had a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure" which means that the last time he evalutated him he was impressed. Capitalizing had like he no longer does is just foolish and any avg fan can see past that Bull Crap.:sidelol: I mean if we wanna play foolish than how about this...."We had a HIGH OPINION OF HIM...." Oh yeah thats right when you skew a quote it makes it more correct than when i skew it. Lets not make a quote something its not thats stupid.:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom