My sources for the draft is.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My sources for the draft is....

I can't disagree with any of those thoughts, but I have a gut feeling about Roquan Smith I can't shake (CJ Mosley meets Luke Kuechly-esq).

I predict LB or we trade down with the Cardinals.

Also forgot to add, he just seems like such a natural fit in a 4-3 defense, and would acclimate well into Burke’s schemes.

Another addendum, with the loss of Suh, I believe there’s now more of a premium of a LB having above average ability in shedding blocks/detaching from linemen/TE’s.

Since QB is out of reach now, with the Jets moving up. I was told Miami will turn to plan B. They will draft DT Vita Vea or LB Tremaine Edmunds. I wanted a QB just like everyone else, but it looks like it isnt happening.

JUST KIDDING LOL.....WE ARE GETTING LAMAR JACKSON!

I'd be very very happy with Vea or Edwards.

The Jets moving up wouldn't change the Dolphins plans though. The trade happened inside the top 10, so Jets getting a QB at 3 instead of 6 doesn't really impact us. The only thing to really consider is a team trading into the top 10 and getting our player.

If we draft a DT in the first two rounds I'm gonna skip out on the 2018 season. Smith, James, and/or Edmunds WILL be on the board. If we don't pick one of those three (or a QB but we've got no shot realistically) I'm done.
Not here to argue, but I am looking at a mock that has all three gone before 11. I really hope that's not how it plays out, I agree with you.

I think the Jets just screwed Buffalo and Arizona's trade up potential.

There is going to be some MAJOR smoke screens going on. I don't ever recall 4 QB's being so closely graded out that we don't have any idea what order they might come off the board. Also the unique situation of the team picking 1st also picks 4th. These wrinkles are going to create the most compelling first round in draft history......I believe.

Dolphins are in a position to move up 1,2 or 3 spots possibly to guarantee themselves an ideal prospect (Edmunds or Nelson) or stay put and capitalize on the QB run. We could also move down and pick up some much needed depth picks and still pick 15-18ish. If this team is prepared to trade up, select at 11 or trade down, we should come out of this draft in a great position.

As it pertains to TE, we likely won't see one go in the 1st round. We should be in a good spot round 2 to snag a TE. Again a trade up is possible to ensure we get the one we want.

If they last that long, Mike White or Kyle Lauletta would be nice selections.
Yes, Mike White. Watched him play nearly every game in college. He's very smart and accurate. He would be a solid mid-round pickup.

Lamar Jackson would be a nightmare for us.

Everything is still in play for us to do a deal with Gettleman for the G men’s #2 pick. Seriously guys, we’re no different than the Bills, jets or most of the other teams in the league: we either really love Rosen, Darnold or Allen OR we see the lack of QBs on the horizon and are pondering the number of assets that it’ll take to move up. Too bad we didn’t just lose to San Diego, Atlanta, the Jets and Pats or we’d already be in business to pick one.

You can call it panic or strategic planning-spin it however you wish, but it is something we’re still looking into. Gettleman seriously wants no less than five assets. Landry now can’t be one of them so we’re looking at swapping 1’s this year and surrendering a future 1, a couple 2’s and 3’s minimum unless other players are involved. Is it too steep a price? Yup! No doubt about it so if we do it, we better be SURE the QB is a home run.

I love that we’re shedding bad contracts. It had to be done. Maybe we’re just better off adding pieces with the picks we have? I’m now leaning that way rather than putting too many eggs in one player’s basket. But if we really want to do it, we better think about it now before the Bills or Cardinals do it.

Since QB is out of reach now, with the Jets moving up. I was told Miami will turn to plan B. They will draft DT Vita Vea or LB Tremaine Edmunds. I wanted a QB just like everyone else, but it looks like it isnt happening.

JUST KIDDING LOL.....WE ARE GETTING LAMAR JACKSON!
Just another guy who is Facebook friends with Jeff Ireland.

Everything is still in play for us to do a deal with Gettleman for the G men’s #2 pick. Seriously guys, we’re no different than the Bills, jets or most of the other teams in the league: we either really love Rosen, Darnold or Allen OR we see the lack of QBs on the horizon and are pondering the number of assets that it’ll take to move up. Too bad we didn’t just lose to San Diego, Atlanta, the Jets and Pats or we’d already be in business to pick one.

You can call it panic or strategic planning-spin it however you wish, but it is something we’re still looking into. Gettleman seriously wants no less than five assets. Landry now can’t be one of them so we’re looking at swapping 1’s this year and surrendering a future 1, a couple 2’s and 3’s minimum unless other players are involved. Is it too steep a price? Yup! No doubt about it so if we do it, we better be SURE the QB is a home run.

I love that we’re shedding bad contracts. It had to be done. Maybe we’re just better off adding pieces with the picks we have? I’m now leaning that way rather than putting too many eggs in one player’s basket. But if we really want to do it, we better think about it now before the Bills or Cardinals do it.
Cannot get my head around doing this. Way too much for us to give up with all we could use.

How far will Lamar drop? I'm afraid Gesicki will be gone before 42. Would it be possible to trade down get Jackson and get a another 2nd? I know it's not always that easy especially not knowing how far Lamar will drop.

You guys thinking this team is moving up for a qb are just kidding yourselves. There is no way they would have restructured Tannnehill's contract the way they did if they were not committed to him for at least the next two years. When you make that type of commitment, that tells you all you need to know about their intentions of what they plan to do in the first round, and that means trading up in the first round for a qb is out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom