My take on the Vontae Davis trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My take on the Vontae Davis trade

bring this back out when the pro bowl selection comes out this year and Vontae is on it i think he is a pro bowler this year obviously the colts do too some new db coach didnt like his technique and prob had some discussions with Philbin and Ireland and next thing you know one of the best man coverage cb in the league is gone

I don't disagree that it is good to get rid of poor performers or bad seeds. For Philbin to win me over in any way, the team needs to get better!

Wait and see, again...

This was a terrible trade. Vontae is the best corner we've had since Madison. He is a star cornerback in this league. We had a great secondary now we have to pray no one gets hurt or we are lining up sucky Nolan Carrol.

Yeah he was kind of lazy but he wasn't embarrassing the team. On game day he is easily our best DB. I blame this stupid hard knocks show they caught him saying that he was tired and was gonna act like he was good. Then nfl network made a huge deal out of it for two days. Now those same guys on NFL Network are calling him the shutdown corner the Colts need.

I agree you need high character guys but you also need talent. A good coach can handle different types of personalities on his team.

The team is now worse and I'm a little upset about it.
A star? How may probowls has he made. He's not even in the top 5 of db is he good yes a star no. How many games has he won for us

I have no problem with the trade. I just don't want Ireland here next year wasting all of 2nd and 3rd rounders on bums. Hire a new GM.

As inconsistent as Davis has been, he's had a lot more succesful picks than Ireland. With Ireland's track record, to me we gave up Davis for free. What has Ireland done to give me faith he can even turn that pick into a productive player? So unless someone else is our gm, that 2 nd rounder is pretty much useless

As inconsistent as Davis has been, he's had a lot more succesful picks than Ireland. With Ireland's track record, to me we gave up Davis for free. What has Ireland done to give me faith he can even turn that pick into a productive player? So unless someone else is our gm, that 2 nd rounder is pretty much useless
with al due respect, Ireland really only had 2 drafts to call his own, we all know that the first 2 or 3 were run by Parcels, so lets take a look at what Ireland has done so far;

2010- 1st - odrick - starter
2nd - misi - starter
3rd - jerry - questionable - but talented
5th - carroll- starter
5th - jones - stater

2011 - 1st - pouncy - starter
2nd - thomas - 2nd sting rb
4th - gates - jury still out
6th - clay - big time potential

2012 - 1st - Tannehill - starting qb
2nd - martin - starter
3rd - vernon - big time potential
3rd - egnew - needs to screw head on right but potential is there
4th - miller - major contributer

so as i look at it Ireland has done a hell of good job and i think he'll continue to do a good job i think in time we'll be up there with the big boys of the NFL.

Why does everybody expect Vontae to be like Vernon?

He wont be. Vonate has been the same since College. Nothing special.

I agree, I kept hoping the talent would translate to a mature Pro Bowler...but it never happened, and it was NEVER going to happen with Vontae's attitude and work ethic.

Just look at the disturbing actions of this immature kid this training camp?

I'm am all for getting players on this team with a champions heart and work ethic.

I have to agree 100%. Davis had the talent to become one of the best, but not the mindset and dedication. The fact that he has shown up countless times to practice drunk/hungover alone tells you his immaturity will never change. He never improved from his rookie season and a lot of that can be to blame on our previous coaches, but the fact that even this season he shows up out of shape and not ready to step it up means a lot. Smith is pushing himself to be better but lacks the talent that Davis had naturally. All Philbin/Ireland are doing is riding themselve of the head aches and players taken earlier to build a solid team. At first I was pissed at this trade, but the simple fact that Davis got beat out by Marshall alone tells a lot. Davis is the classic case of too much talent, and no desire to be great. Id take 53 Devone Bess over 1 V.Davis, who can be better than Revis but just refuses to work hard. On top of the fact that he would have eventually held out and asked for a huge contract and then we would not have gotten anything in return for him, so this is a good trade and I hope Ireland does not mess up the draft pick.

with al due respect, Ireland really only had 2 drafts to call his own, we all know that the first 2 or 3 were run by Parcels, so lets take a look at what Ireland has done so far;

2010- 1st - odrick - starter
2nd - misi - starter
3rd - jerry - questionable - but talented
5th - carroll- starter
5th - jones - stater

2011 - 1st - pouncy - starter
2nd - thomas - 2nd sting rb
4th - gates - jury still out
6th - clay - big time potential

2012 - 1st - Tannehill - starting qb
2nd - martin - starter
3rd - vernon - big time potential
3rd - egnew - needs to screw head on right but potential is there
4th - miller - major contributer

so as i look at it Ireland has done a hell of good job and i think he'll continue to do a good job i think in time we'll be up there with the big boys of the NFL.
I agree and if Jerry starts at RG then thats 8 out of 22 starters are from the past 3 drafts. Thats pretty impressive

Back
Top Bottom