My Theory: Frerotte Starts the Season; Feeley starts Week 6.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Theory: Frerotte Starts the Season; Feeley starts Week 6..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This would be consistant with Frerotte's last starting job..

My reasoning is this, if Frerotte and company arent winning games, Saban might as well start Feeley to see more of the Dolphin's old investment, similar to what Seattle did years back wtih Hasselbeck.. If you recall, Hasselbeck sucked his first year, and lost his starting job to Dilfer the following year.. Hasselbeck took the job back mid season, and looked markedly better, and never gave the job back.. Its unlikely Feeley will pull a Hasselbeck, but it is possible..

And I stand by my claim, if we arent winning, Frerotte will lose his starting spot by week 6..

Kind of a rough theory if you're a finfan...

I think if you name Frerotte the starter, its gonna take alot of poor play to make the switch... the only way that happens is if you're below .500.

I don't see this happening but it's kinda ironic that Heather Mitts (Feeley's girlfriend from Philly) said this on a philly sports show on comcast sportsnet last week. They asked her if Feeley would start and she said she wasn't sure but if he doesn't he would probably start a few games into the season.

I have a hard time believing she know's much of anything but take it FWIW.

Losman7 said:
Kind of a rough theory if you're a finfan...

I think if you name Frerotte the starter, its gonna take alot of poor play to make the switch... the only way that happens is if you're below .500.

That's my theory.. If they are below .500 by week 6, I think Saban makes the switch.. What good is it to play an old, struggling QB during a losing season, particularly if he is not in the longterm plans?

SkapePhin said:

My reasoning is this, if Frerotte and company arent winning games, Saban might as well start Feeley to see more of the Dolphin's old investment, similar to what Seattle did years back wtih Hasselbeck.. If you recall, Hasselbeck sucked his first year, and lost his starting job to Dilfer the following year.. Hasselbeck took the job back mid season, and looked markedly better, and never gave the job back.. Its unlikely Feeley will pull a Hasselbeck, but it is possible..

And I stand by my claim, if we arent winning, Frerotte will lose his starting spot by week 6..

That would mean another 4-12 season...

SkapePhin said:
That's my theory.. If they are below .500 by week 6, I think Saban makes the switch.. What good is it to play an old, struggling QB during a losing season, particularly if he is not in the longterm plans?

I don't disagree with you... I just don't think alot of posters around here are gonna want to hear or believe a scenario like that.

SkapePhin said:

my theory is that you will do anything in your power to bash Gus in any way possible, just because you dont like him for whatever reason

SkapePhin said:

Thats my take on the QB situation as well.It may be better to be the second string QB if the team struggles early.Also by then Ricky will be back to make the QB look better..

Dudeman said:
my theory is that you will do anything in your power to bash Gus in any way possible, just because you dont like him for whatever reason

WTF? I am just stating a likely scenario.. If you think Gus is the next coming of Marino, or even Gannon, you are mistaken.. He is a journeyman QB, like one Jay Fiedler.. and his stats and past results bear this out.. It would be great if he could carry us to a playoff berth, but that is unlikely.. It is obvious he has a better grasp on this offense than the rest of the QBs for the moment, therefore he should start the season.. If he excells, EXCELLENT, but history doesnt support the claim that he will be a shining success.. He had a similar offense in Cinci, and failed miserably.. I believe Cinci had both Chad Johnson and Corey Dillon (who put up 14k yards that season) at the time.. Im not sure what his OL situation was, but it was probably similar...

If you want to believe Gus will give us the World, be my guest, but you are surely setting yourself up for dissapointment..

FiN.in.RI said:
great original theory, must have taken you some long hours to come up with that one. :lol:

I didnt see such a theory posted here, so I figured Id put it up for discussion..

Whoever said composing a post for a Dolphins messageboard was akin to Quantum Physics? :confused:

Dudeman said:

How ironic!! Just like YOU do anything in your power to bash Feeley!!! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom