My Theory: Frerotte Starts the Season; Feeley starts Week 6.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Theory: Frerotte Starts the Season; Feeley starts Week 6..

Lets see here, you theory is, if the starter is not wiing games by week 6 he is replaced, well thats a real stretch.........

SkapePhin said:
Berlin has been playing against future BURGERFLIPPERS!
he has also been playing with the burgerflippers if thats what you call them

nick1 said:
he has also been playing with the burgerflippers if thats what you call them

Meaning, he IS a burgerfilpper!

SkapePhin said:
That's my theory.. If they are below .500 by week 6, I think Saban makes the switch.. What good is it to play an old, struggling QB during a losing season, particularly if he is not in the longterm plans?

Let's face it, Gus is a temp. But I think Feeley won't get the start because Nick wants to put the AJ experiment to rest. He's given him the opportunity to win the starting job (and still is; no announcement's been made), but he's clearly not distinguished himself. Better off to stick with the temp, once you've decided he's your best option, so everybody agrees with the decision to draft/acquire a qb for next year.
I think Feeley either wins the starting job outright, or he's essentially done.
I think Saban wants to evaluate Feeley for himself and if he doesn't see him as the future, to move on. The other option is to have a Fiedler-type situation where you keep trying to force something to work that's just not working.

Dudeman said:
and since apparently you're not around very much, I'll let you in on a little secret.

I've been for the best QB from day one, unlike other people here. But now, since its obvious that AJ isnt the best, I'm going to do my damned best to defend Gus from guys that want to see him fail, just so that they can see wonderboy play

Dude, just b'cos I don't post much doesn't mean that I'm not on this site alot. Been scoping this site since 2002 and you've been tagged as a Feeley basher from the get go... Most of your posts will prove that. Anyway I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth verbal war with you on this... Never was my intention and hope it doesn't come to that!

I'm a Feeley supporter but I don't want to see Gus fail... If he's named starter, I'll support him 'cos he's a Dolphin but I also know he won't take us anywhere!

But what's with the "Wonderboy" comment?? Gus? Wonderboy?? C'mon!!! :lol:

nick1 said:
maybe in your eyes it's delusional but Berlin has done well so far, much better then Feeley has and as nicksabanrules said his uncle says that Feeley will be cut (his uncle is inside the Dolphins organization I beleive)

Wow!! I think you should have enrolled in Summer School!! Or did you? But you know what.... I'll cut you some slack since you're only 17!!:D

"Feeley is the only Miami quarterback without a touchdown pass so far this preseason, and has the lowest completion percentage (50.0) and quarterback rating (42.7)."

From the Miami Herald article. What's the question here?

SkapePhin said:
WTF? I am just stating a likely scenario.. If you think Gus is the next coming of Marino, or even Gannon, you are mistaken.. He is a journeyman QB, like one Jay Fiedler.. and his stats and past results bear this out.. It would be great if he could carry us to a playoff berth, but that is unlikely.. It is obvious he has a better grasp on this offense than the rest of the QBs for the moment, therefore he should start the season.. If he excells, EXCELLENT, but history doesnt support the claim that he will be a shining success.. He had a similar offense in Cinci, and failed miserably.. I believe Cinci had both Chad Johnson and Corey Dillon (who put up 14k yards that season) at the time.. Im not sure what his OL situation was, but it was probably similar...

If you want to believe Gus will give us the World, be my guest, but you are surely setting yourself up for dissapointment..

Gannon was a career backup until the Raiders acquired him (well into his 30's). Frerotte has been a starter, but has been mostly a good backup.
Fiedler, on the other hand, wasn't even a journeyman. In fact he was no more than a 3rd-4th stringer until he became Brunell's backup in J-ville.
In fact, after his brief stint with the Eagles he was out of the NFL completely for about a year (if I recall).
There is no parallel between Frerotte and Fiedler. QB ratings mean very little. A lot has to do with the offense you play in. If ratings were the only measuring stick, then Steve Young is the best of all time.
You have made the point that Frerotte is Fiedler-esque (which I disagree with) based on career QB ratings. Fiedler would be a colossal failure in an offense that relies on a downfield passing attack.He simply does not have the physical ability to play QB in the NFL. He is limited with respect to the throws he can and can't make. Frerotte is capable of making all the throws required of an NFL QB.

jlfin said:
Gannon was a career backup until the Raiders acquired him (well into his 30's). Frerotte has been a starter, but has been mostly a good backup.
Fiedler, on the other hand, wasn't even a journeyman. In fact he was no more than a 3rd-4th stringer until he became Brunell's backup in J-ville.
In fact, after his brief stint with the Eagles he was out of the NFL completely for about a year (if I recall).
There is no parallel between Frerotte and Fiedler. QB ratings mean very little. A lot has to do with the offense you play in. If ratings were the only measuring stick, then Steve Young is the best of all time.
You have made the point that Frerotte is Fiedler-esque (which I disagree with) based on career QB ratings. Fiedler would be a colossal failure in an offense that relies on a downfield passing attack.He simply does not have the physical ability to play QB in the NFL. He is limited with respect to the throws he can and can't make. Frerotte is capable of making all the throws required of an NFL QB.

I don't think he's basing it on QB ratings alone. I'm pretty sure if you look at games started, TDs, ints,atts,cmpls, and yrds they are pretty much neck and neck. I could be wrong about that though.

jlfin said:

Capable is one thing, results are another... He physically CAN, but it doesnt mean he is accurate, as noted by his preseason performance, and every other stint he has had as start int he league! His stats in Minny is a direct result of Randy Moss.. He did the ole Heave and Pray practically every series.. Hopefully he might be able to recapture that success here with Chambers, but Chambers is not Moss.. Moss's ability to catch just about everything in his vicinity is uncanny..

His STATS are on par with Fiedler's.. Look at their TD/INT totals.. Their ratios are pretty consistent.

Dolphination73 said:
Wow!! I think you should have enrolled in Summer School!! Or did you? But you know what.... I'll cut you some slack since you're only 17!!:D
just look at the stats Berlin has done better all-around then Feeley has so far, Feeley hasn't led the team to a single point so far

It won't matter who starts the season.... the backup will be playing before we know it because the starter will, most likely, be injured again, IMHO. This just seems like the way it goes in todays NFL.

Back
Top Bottom