My Theory: Frerotte Starts the Season; Feeley starts Week 6.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Theory: Frerotte Starts the Season; Feeley starts Week 6..

SkapePhin said:
I didnt see such a theory posted here, so I figured Id put it up for discussion..

Whoever said composing a post for a Dolphins messageboard was akin to Quantum Physics? :confused:

it's common sense.

SkapePhin said:
WTF? I am just stating a likely scenario.. If you think Gus is the next coming of Marino, or even Gannon, you are mistaken.. He is a journeyman QB, like one Jay Fiedler.. and his stats and past results bear this out.. It would be great if he could carry us to a playoff berth, but that is unlikely.. It is obvious he has a better grasp on this offense than the rest of the QBs for the moment, therefore he should start the season.. If he excells, EXCELLENT, but history doesnt support the claim that he will be a shining success.. He had a similar offense in Cinci, and failed miserably.. I believe Cinci had both Chad Johnson and Corey Dillon (who put up 14k yards that season) at the time.. Im not sure what his OL situation was, but it was probably similar...

If you want to believe Gus will give us the World, be my guest, but you are surely setting yourself up for dissapointment..

if the offense is playing well, and the defense is the reason that they're losing, Gus would be pulled?

and you obviously dont pay attention if you think that I believe Gus is great, because he's not. If its not his fault that the team plays poorly, they wont just yank him

Dudeman said:
if the offense is playing well, and the defense is the reason that they're losing, Gus would be pulled?

and you obviously dont pay attention if you think that I believe Gus is great, because he's not. If its not his fault that the team plays poorly, they wont just yank him

I think they would regardless, but if we are losing, its likely the OFFENSE's fault... I dont think our D will falter much under Saban..

Saban will only play Frerotte because right now he gives us the best chance to win, if he is not winning, and the season is lost, what's the point?

Dolphination73 said:
How ironic!! Just like YOU do anything in your power to bash Feeley!!! :shakeno:

and since apparently you're not around very much, I'll let you in on a little secret.

I've been for the best QB from day one, unlike other people here. But now, since its obvious that AJ isnt the best, I'm going to do my damned best to defend Gus from guys that want to see him fail, just so that they can see wonderboy play

I was a Feeley Hugger, but I've backed off. I know the kid has gotten the short end of the stick and might lose out to Gus, but only because he hasn't done better then Gus, not because Gus is better then AJ.

AJ had a 20 yard 3rd down pass to DT inside or near the red zone dropped at the Bears. Then get nailed twice because the OL and RBs gaffed. Then he has penalties and drops and play calling with back up OL and back up RBs getting no yards making for 3rd and long.

So, I'm not making excuses, he could've shown more, especially knowing he needed to and he didn't. If he comes ion and scores a TD with the 2nd stringers, he might have won the job. He just seems like a great one dimensional QB. If the WR runs the right route and the OL blocks, AJ delivers a picture perfect pass. If however, that WR is covered, or the line lets in some pressure, AJ doesn't do well. So, I'm backing off of him for now and letting whoever Saban thinks is the guy do for it.

I'd honestly like to see AJ start next week and then make a desision aftert the game. Give him one last good look, with the starters and knowing his *** in on the line to see what he does. That would take any and all controversy out of the equation, unless Gus were to tank it as well.

IF they both tank it, I let Sage and Brock battle it out the 4th and 5th games and go with the young guns and get ready for next year's draft.

my view is that Feeley is cut before the season and that Fuerotte starts the year and will start the whole year unless injuried which then Brock Berlin will start

nick1 said:
my view is that Feeley is cut before the season and that Fuerotte starts the year and will start the whole year unless injuried which then Brock Berlin will start

If you believe Brock Berlin is the 2nd best QB on this roster, you are delusional.

SkapePhin said:
I think they would regardless, but if we are losing, its likely the OFFENSE's fault... I dont think our D will falter much under Saban..

Saban will only play Frerotte because right now he gives us the best chance to win, if he is not winning, and the season is lost, what's the point?

Wow, with every game AJ falls further and further down the depth chart and you still say he will eventually start? By week 6, Sage might be the 2nd string QB, heck AJ might be cut with Berlin as the third string!

Jnaledu3 said:
Wow, with every game AJ falls further and further down the depth chart and you still say he will eventually start? By week 6, Sage might be the 2nd string QB, heck AJ might be cut with Berlin as the third string!

I think Sage will have pro bowl numbers by week 6. 10TDs/0INTs.. JMO of course.

SkapePhin said:
If you believe Brock Berlin is the 2nd best QB on this roster, you are delusional.
maybe in your eyes it's delusional but Berlin has done well so far, much better then Feeley has and as nicksabanrules said his uncle says that Feeley will be cut (his uncle is inside the Dolphins organization I beleive)

nick1 said:
maybe in your eyes it's delusional but Berlin has done well so far, much better then Feeley has and as nicksabanrules said his uncle says that Feeley will be cut (his uncle is inside the Dolphins organization I beleive)

Berlin has been playing against future BURGERFLIPPERS!

Back
Top Bottom