Nate burleson | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

If by some miracle Sammy Watkins falls to 19, you draft him and you get on your knees and thank God that there are the Oaklands and the Jacksonvilles and the Minnesotas of the NFL to make that possible.

I agree but he won't fall I'm pretty sure of that

When the heck has that ever happened? Since 2008 when Parcells/Ireland got here we drafted one WR in the first 3 rounds....Patrick Turner. That to me says we don't value WR enough to warrant a pick in the first 3 rounds. It's an after thought.
One of Parcells Draft Rules is not to draft WRs and TEs in the 1st or 2nd Rounds. They were prepared to pay established top WRs via FA or a trade, eg Brandon Marshall - but they liked finding good value WRs like Miles Austin - undrafted at Dallas and then Hartline - 4th round and Bess - undrafted in Miami.
However, your point is valid, that sometimes top WRs need to be drafted - eg Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson. Unfortunately, we always had other bigger needs when using a high draft pick. I doubt that we select a WR this year, but Dennis Hickey may not be as inflexible as Ireland re the Draft Rules.

For real. Knowshon is an excellent signing. Good receiver and pass protector and very cheap.

Not sure what you consider VERY CHEAP when his salary will be $3,275,000 or 18th among running backs

I have seen people on Twitter speculate that this means one of the current guys could be traded/released and even Armando says that this smells like something else is happening.

But if the plan is to replace any of the top four(Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews) with Burleson, it is a downgrade. That better not be the plan.

Unless they also plan on drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoops is the most negative I've seen him in years, lets do something as a group to cheer him up lol

Been there hoops just smile and nod, this love affair w the Phins is much like a marriage just smile and nod cause you ain't changing the direction lol this from a single guy just witnessing his friends giving in hha

Not sure what you consider VERY CHEAP when his salary will be $3,275,000 or 18th among running backs

Seems like a deal to me. Unless you think some guys like shone green who make more money are better then him. The guy ran for 1000 yards plus 500 receiving. Good pass protection too. I don't see the problem. Offer a little more then Denver so we get our guy

Hoops is the most negative I've seen him in years, lets do something as a group to cheer him up lol

Been there hoops just smile and nod, this love affair w the Phins is much like a marriage just smile and nod cause you ain't changing the direction lol this from a single guy just witnessing his friends giving in hha

He will be ecstatic if tannehill breaks out like he has been saying for years now i think he is trying to make sure he has enough weapons lol

i'm not just gonna walk the plank cause the front office says i should...this teams betting on low odds with a lot of the things it's done this offseason...i know this hasn't happened yet but even before a potential burleson signing there has been a lot of head scratchers and imo bad moves...

just call em like i see em...

there's two things you don't want to be signing...injury prone and old...and worse both...yeah these are not cap killer deals but fellas in 2014 someones got to play for ya...and some of these guys are being counted on...i don't like the odds given all the history these guys have...some of these guys have been hurt since they came in the damn league

If by some miracle Sammy Watkins falls to 19, you draft him and you get on your knees and thank God that there are the Oaklands and the Jacksonvilles and the Minnesotas of the NFL to make that possible.

Sammy Watkins wont make it out of the top 5 let alone the top 19

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

i know this hasn't happened yet but even before a potential burleson signing there has been a lot of head scratchers and imo bad moves...

You could do a lot worse than Nate Burleson as your 5th WR

Sammy Watkins wont make it out of the top 5 let alone the top 19

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

You could do a lot worse than Nate Burleson as your 5th WR

i don't think so...you must be thinking of like 2 years ago or something...

I love how people are losing their **** over a visit from a veteran WR.

I don't know why this is questionable or curious to anyone.

We have two WRs coming off major surgery and hartline coming off a PCL tear.

I'm no Dr., so I don't know what to expect or how there health is, but yeah, you need to plan for the worse.

Those injuries aren't career threatening. All should be fine.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if we actually sign the guy.

Back
Top Bottom