NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion

byroan said:
Who's the Celtics center? Both Blount and Lafrentz are killing me in fantasy leagues. Is Perkins their center?

LaFrentz is more of a Power Forward. Blount sucks, and Kendrick is seeing increased playing time. The kid is a beast on the glass, but he still needs to develop his offensive game.

Perkins is going to be a real good and he's pretty much locked up the starting Center spot. At this point though, if your looking for that position then I'd stay away from this entire Celtics team.

Centers are just so hard to come by. I only mentioned LaFrentz because he's eligible as a center on yahoo.

byroan said:
Centers are just so hard to come by. I only mentioned LaFrentz because he's eligible as a center on yahoo.

Yeah definitely, Centers are such a premium.

I don't know your fantasy situation, but if you have to start a Celtic at that position, it's going to depend on what category you are looking to improve. We don't have that one guy who can do it all, at least not yet (although I think Perkins is going to develop into that guy).

But if your looking for points, I'd go with LaFrentz. He's got a nice stroke from outside, but he isn't going to do much else for you. If you want to up your rebound totals then Perkins is definitely the guy, he's a monster on the glass but he's going to struggle to score 10 points most nights. However, I think the guy who's going to give you the most consistent production from both a Rebounding and Point total standpoint is Al Jefferson. I'm not sure if he qualifies for a Center position in your league or not, but I don't see why he wouldn't.

I think he'd be your best bet, but that's only if he's still available.

Jefferson is only a PF in my leagues. I dropped LaFrentz for Chris Mihm. My other center is Joel Przybilla. :lol:

byroan said:
Jefferson is only a PF in my leagues. I dropped LaFrentz for Chris Mihm. My other center is Joel Przybilla. :lol:

Hey, Mihm works. A former Celtic who is definitely a better option than anything we have to offer.

right now Temple is playing better than the Sixers....though we did barely beat an IMPRESSIVE (yawn) Bobcats team last night.

It looks like we might want to close this thread LMAO, it looks like every team in the Atlantic either sucks or is average this year! :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
It looks like we might want to close this thread LMAO, it looks like every team in the Atlantic either sucks or is average this year! :lol:

Hopefully the Sixers can do something and stay on top. :D

ILPhinFan88 said:
Hopefully the Sixers can do something and stay on top. :D

The Sixers are 11-11 and in first place. :) ...AI is sick!!!! :mdfin:

The Knicks lost again (and suck) but I just wanted to add that Dwight Howard is a monster and is going to be a force in the NBA. The guys arms are the size of most people heads. He's going to be great.

The Knicks suck so I ain't really got much to say about them LMAO!

Roman529 said:
The Sixers are 11-11 and in first place. :) ...AI is sick!!!! :mdfin:

12-11 now, Big game coming up friday, the Heat

clear.gif

Chris Webber has played well as of late, which is always a very good sign. He's had some monsterous passes (which we expected) but looks like he's gotten an extra bounce in his step. I think the Sixers need to win every game they can right now because they have an awful road trip coming up, going out to L.A and Sacremento and Seattle it's horrible. Miami will be a tall order on friday though......

Back
Top Bottom