NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion

nyjunc said:
Now I am convincd w/ that compelling argument, thanks for setting me straight! :D

You should be...it's the truth.

They are all selfish players who have not won a thing since coming into the league. As for Walker, he's been on talented teams and the reason he hasn't won is probbaly b/c of himself. The Mavs were in the West Conf Finals the year before he showed up then bowed out in Rd 1 the year he was there.

And that was Toines fault...why? He came off the bench and played well...how is that his fault?

As for jason Williams, he is a great guy :lol: I love how he wants to be eminem in the worst way and how hw thretened that reporter last year. What a tough guy! As for him on court, he's been a loser everywhere he's gone. He leaves UF they go to the Final Four 2 years later, he leaves Sac they then make the Conf Finals the next year. A bunch of winners you have acquired!

J-Will is what he is....a good ballhandler and streak scorer....he is playing well for us now.

On to Gary payton, obviously he's over the hill but he did a great job in helping that Laker team(a team MUCH more talaneted than the current Heat squad) win a Championship. All great moves and great guys you broguht in- good luck :lol:

That Laker team wasn't more talented than this heat team....that Laker team had Kobe, Shaq, and a bunch of role players (yes, Karl Malone was a role player then) This Heat team is more talented...it just is. Wade, Shaq, Toine, J-Will, Posey, Haslem, Payton as a core is more talented than what the Lakers had that year.

Speaking of spin :lol: was it interesting the other night when Walker went after Williams? and even if they are into now it's a LONG season and they lose alot of shots when Shaq comes back. You guys were a better team last year and just made bad move after bad move this year.

I was happy that he went after him....he was shooting well and then stopped shooting to hand it off to wade and watch....he needed to play in the flow and shoot....when POSEY comes back....toine goes to the second unit....and then we will have balance....watch out.

Overall....another jealous effort by nyjunc.

Ricky Davis knocks down the game winner as time expires... 99-98

It's about time we were on the winning end of a game like this. Quick side note, Memphis is a horrid Free Throw shooting team. I don't even know if they were shooting 50% from the charity stripe last night.

WOOOOOOOHA! Go Celtics!

FaninPatsyLand said:
Ricky Davis knocks down the game winner as time expires... 99-98

It's about time we were on the winning end of a game like this. Quick side note, Memphis is a horrid Free Throw shooting team. I don't even know if they were shooting 50% from the charity stripe last night.

WOOOOOOOHA! Go Celtics!

THe most exciting first 4 games of a season I ever remember watching.. :up:

Darth Saban said:
how could to Grizzlies blow that lead :shakeno:

Besides Isiah (how does this guy have a job) is there a more overrated GM than Jerry West. Shaq comes to LA and West trades Vlade for Kobe.. Those are the only 2 moves this guy has made in like 15 years.

ILPhinFan88 said:
Go Sixers............ 4-3 and in first

Lee Nailon and John Salmons have played very well off the bench, suprisingly we may have a better bench than last year.

My Sixers are pulling away with the Atlantic. AI and C-Webb are learning how to play together. Iggy is shutting people down defensively (look how he shut down Kobe Bryant the other night). Korver is starting to hit his 3 pointers, and Nailon and Salmons are getting better all the time. :) Look out when we get Samuel Dalembert back in the middle.

Roman529 said:
My Sixers are pulling away with the Atlantic. AI and C-Webb are learning how to play together. Iggy is shutting people down defensively (look how he shut down Kobe Bryant the other night). Korver is starting to hit his 3 pointers, and Nailon and Salmons are getting better all the time. :) Look out when we get Samuel Dalembert back in the middle.

Pulling away? :lol: The Sixers are a game up, this div is still the Nets to lose.

Go Sixers....... 6-3

clear.gif

ILPhinFan88 said:
Go Sixers....... 6-3

clear.gif

Now 6-5 after 2 straight losses to the Heat and Cavs. The Cavs game was disappointing because they had a 9 point lead relatively late in the game but the Heat game is understandable. I still feel good about this team when Dalembert comes back though, but it's a shame we cant defend better or AI cant play the point as well as a guy like Kidd or Nash.

Darth Saban said:
Now 6-5 after 2 straight losses to the Heat and Cavs. The Cavs game was disappointing because they had a 9 point lead relatively late in the game but the Heat game is understandable. I still feel good about this team when Dalembert comes back though, but it's a shame we cant defend better or AI cant play the point as well as a guy like Kidd or Nash.

Maybe because he's a true shooting guard. Nash and Kidd are true point guards, pass first, score if you can. A.I. is score first, second , and third, and then pass. Don't get it twisted, he gets his assists but he's not a 1, he's a 2 who likes to put the ball in the basket. Not his fault he's playing out of position. I really think it's time teams start drafting true point guards in the draft. Look at Chris Duhon in Chicago. He's made them a better team by just being a pure point who see's the floor and looks for his teammates. More teams need to look into guys who make their teams better, not guys who fill up the stat sheets night in and night out!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Maybe because he's a true shooting guard. Nash and Kidd are true point guards, pass first, score if you can. A.I. is score first, second , and third, and then pass. Don't get it twisted, he gets his assists but he's not a 1, he's a 2 who likes to put the ball in the basket. Not his fault he's playing out of position. I really think it's time teams start drafting true point guards in the draft. Look at Chris Duhon in Chicago. He's made them a better team by just being a pure point who see's the floor and looks for his teammates. More teams need to look into guys who make their teams better, not guys who fill up the stat sheets night in and night out!

Well i agree with you completely. Iverson doesn't play the tradition create shots for other player, pass first PG, which is why he will never be an elite PG but IS an elite scorer. However Iverson is simply too small to play SG, and doesn't play well enough defense to guard 2 guards like Kobe, T-Mac etc. He's a great player dont get me wrong, but i dont think the Sixers can win with him and thats sad because he has a heart bigger than any NBA player and craves a championship SO bad.

Back
Top Bottom