NBA Draft Lottery | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Draft Lottery

Hawes will probably be available then but i think Hibbert and Noah are gone... unless they take a Marcus Williams like fall...

pfft and as i write this i just heard about Hibbert going back, and upon finding a link, seems true... that sucks
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2879914

well its good for Georgetown and but sucks for draft

As you note, looks like Hibbert is pulling out of the draft. Good move for him; with another year of seasoning, and in a weaker draft (2007 is a VERY strong draft, especially for big men), he could easily be a top 3 pick. This year, he'd probably have been picked around 8-13.

But Noah's stock has fallen, fairly or not. His NCAA tourney was pretty unimpressive, and he didn't develop as much as folks thought he would after his excellent 2005-6 season. I don't think it's at all a stretch that he could be there at 12.

As you note, looks like Hibbert is pulling out of the draft. Good move for him; with another year of seasoning, and in a weaker draft (2007 is a VERY strong draft, especially for big men), he could easily be a top 3 pick. This year, he'd probably have been picked around 8-13.

But Noah's stock has fallen, fairly or not. His NCAA tourney was pretty unimpressive, and he didn't develop as much as folks thought he would after his excellent 2005-6 season. I don't think it's at all a stretch that he could be there at 12.

yeah i dont know how much i like Noah though, his offensive game is not there... i dont know i see too much Anderson Varejao in him...

Noah wont be a scorer. He is pure defensive. He would be perfect on the Suns.

Dear Atlanta,
Please draw the 1st pick next year.
Thanks,
Suns fans.

Wait, I missed something.
Granted, I dont know much about the NBA draft, except it is dictated by ping-pong balls and at any minute I am awaiting Grandma Moses to stand up and yelll BINGO at anytime during it (Real nice system you have in place Stern).:unsure:

Does the Hawks picking high next year help the Suns cause we got screwed out of their pick this year? :err:

What a freakin circle jerk if you ask me...

LOL @ Boston. They're going to wind up with the next big bust now.

That franchise has no luck. I'm sure they'll pick the kid from China who can't even move laterally.

LOL @ Boston. They're going to wind up with the next big bust now.

That franchise has no luck. I'm sure they'll pick the kid from China who can't even move laterally.

cant even move laterally? thats like all he can do, hes a mover for a kid his size, but he doesn't have the post up game, but his ball handling and offensive skills are Dirk-esque with his frame...

note: im not saying hes gonna be Dirk, im saying hes a big man who would rather drive the lane than post up... so that description of him was kinda odd to me :confused2

Wait, I missed something.
Granted, I dont know much about the NBA draft, except it is dictated by ping-pong balls and at any minute I am awaiting Grandma Moses to stand up and yelll BINGO at anytime during it (Real nice system you have in place Stern).:unsure:

Does the Hawks picking high next year help the Suns cause we got screwed out of their pick this year? :err:

What a freakin circle jerk if you ask me...
We get their pick next year no matter where it is...

We get their pick next year no matter where it is...

Here's the thing, though: this draft is so strong that the #4 pick in this draft is arguably more valuable than the #1 pick next year would be, as many people are projecting 2008 to be a weak draft. And of course, there's the fact that the Suns want to improve in as cost-effective a way as possible. Picking Brewer or Noah would have done that. Now, they've got to hope they catch lightning in a bottle at the bottom of round 1, and try to get a couple free agent bargains. You could make a strong case that no team was hurt as much by the draft lottery as the Suns. Even the Celtics, Grizzlies and Bucks get potential franchise players, albeit guys a cut below Oden and Durant.

Edit: BTW, I don't want to sound like I'm piling it on; I feel bad for the Suns. They've had a rotten run of luck and deserved some good fortune. (Like the Celtics, actually, who've had wretched luck for the last 21 years - Bias, Lewis, missing Duncan despite the best odds in the lottery, the Pitino Error, etc.)

I'm pissed that Hibbert pulled out of this draft, for two reasons:
1. I'm a 'Cuse fan...I'm tired of seeing that dude torment our guys in the paint.
2. Hibbert's departure pushes one less good player down to #15, and all but eliminates whatever slim chance there was of Joakim Noah falling there.

Here's the thing, though: this draft is so strong that the #4 pick in this draft is arguably more valuable than the #1 pick next year would be, as many people are projecting 2008 to be a weak draft. And of course, there's the fact that the Suns want to improve in as cost-effective a way as possible. Picking Brewer or Noah would have done that. Now, they've got to hope they catch lightning in a bottle at the bottom of round 1, and try to get a couple free agent bargains. You could make a strong case that no team was hurt as much by the draft lottery as the Suns. Even the Celtics, Grizzlies and Bucks get potential franchise players, albeit guys a cut below Oden and Durant.

Edit: BTW, I don't want to sound like I'm piling it on; I feel bad for the Suns. They've had a rotten run of luck and deserved some good fortune. (Like the Celtics, actually, who've had wretched luck for the last 21 years - Bias, Lewis, missing Duncan despite the best odds in the lottery, the Pitino Error, etc.)
I know, trust me I know...I cant describe how much I was looking forward to having that pick...Not only for the chance to draft a franchise player, but for the ability to trade it away for a very good player...I mean I was following Atlanta's record more than the Suns toward the end of the year....

Back
Top Bottom