nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

tony,pop, and timmy chillin' like bosses after the half down 10. not a single worry or **** given...

3799spurs1-1.png

6326spurs2-1.png

1921spurs3-1.png

9299spurs4-1.png

I've never really liked San Antonio's style of play very much. They have no doubt been effective at what they do which is excel in the half-court game. It use to be that if you could make them have to run there was pretty good chance that they could be beaten. That's not so true this season as they have shown the ability to play a more uptempo style of play. Regardless of what my thoughts are about their style, they are certainly a team to reckoned with and they do indeed play great basketball....

i think people should not focus so much on the "style of play" so much and focus more on the fact they are thrashing teams over a long period of time mentally and physically..

all said and done,at the end of the day you have to give the spurs some love.there aren't a whole lot of teams accomplishing what the spurs have.especially these last 15 or so years.i mean making the playoffs 22 of the last 23 years alone is a hell of an accomplishment.this years team is something special and they don't do it with alot bs or ladylike drama.

having said that it looks like its going to be a spurs vs thunder WC finals....should be a great series.
all true. also, tim duncan is deff one of my favorite players of all time, and also deff one of the more underrated ones.

how many superstars can u think of that not only stayed with their entire team throughout his career, but never made a stink about anything, never bitches, none of this prima donna ****? i cant think of any aside from duncan.

whenever people talk about greatest player of this generation since jordan retired, they always say kobe. i believe duncan deserves to be in that conversation and heck id consider him the best player in this generation when all is set and done.his resume, his attitude, all speak for themselves

bye bye lakers...went away from bynum for some stupid reason in the 2nd half and goin fishin tomorrow

i think people should not focus so much on the "style of play" so much and focus more on the fact they are thrashing teams over a long period of time mentally and physically..

Dre,

I ain't hatin'! When I made the comment regarding Spurs style of play, I really didn't mean anything negative about it. I simply meant that their methods have not appealed to me as much as the manner in which some other teams handle their business. Kinda like me saying that I enjoy football teams that employ a wide open attack more than those that are conservative by nature. That does not change the fact that San Antonio has been playing at an extremely high level for long period of time.

Dre,

I ain't hatin'! When I made the comment regarding Spurs style of play, I really didn't mean anything negative about it. I simply meant that their methods have not appealed to me as much as the manner in which some other teams handle their business. Kinda like me saying that I enjoy football teams that employ a wide open attack more than those that are conservative by nature. That does not change the fact that San Antonio has been playing at an extremely high level for long period of time.

no sweat ebozz man...the point i was making,was that no matter how the spurs play,wether its an uptempo high scoring offense,or suffocating defense,there are always contrarian point of views."they are this,they are that,i dont like that".spurs fans are used to it.and we also understand there is such a thing as free thinking.

the equalizing factor here,is that the spurs keep on winnin!

7271gospursgo-1.jpg

Their style of play this year isn't what it's been since Tim Duncan has been the franchise player. It's like when people still call them an old team.

Their style of play this year isn't what it's been since Tim Duncan has been the franchise player. It's like when people still call them an old team.

well then thats when we get into something called "media manipulation" or "media mind control".

you are right.

been a while since i watched the spurs...wasn't a fan of the style of play then...guess i'll have to check them out against ok city...does duncan still whine about every call that doesn't go his way??? if so...ugh...guy was a world class whiner back in the day...can't imagine that's changed much

been a while since i watched the spurs...wasn't a fan of the style of play then...guess i'll have to check them out against ok city...does duncan still whine about every call that doesn't go his way??? if so...ugh...guy was a world class whiner back in the day...can't imagine that's changed much

then you will be pleasantly surprised im sure..the teams dynamic has gone through many changes including this...this okc-sa series will be the finals for some.im looking forward to it myself.

duncan back when i did watch the spurs in his prime was the master of the glass...i don't think i've ever seen anyone use the glass better than him...it was a clinic

no sweat ebozz man...the point i was making,was that no matter how the spurs play,wether its an uptempo high scoring offense,or suffocating defense,there are always contrarian point of views."they are this,they are that,i dont like that".spurs fans are used to it.and we also understand there is such a thing as free thinking.

the equalizing factor here,is that the spurs keep on winnin!

They do indeed!

World class whiner? I'm far from a homer but I don't remember Duncan ever being that.

all said and done,at the end of the day you have to give the spurs some love.there aren't a whole lot of teams accomplishing what the spurs have.especially these last 15 or so years.i mean making the playoffs 22 of the last 23 years alone is a hell of an accomplishment.this years team is something special and they don't do it with alot bs or ladylike drama.

having said that it looks like its going to be a spurs vs thunder WC finals....should be a great series.

I know I'm looking forward to it. :up:

Go Spurs Go!

Back
Top Bottom