NBA series-by-series predictions | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA series-by-series predictions

MARINO1384 said:
Good point but it was last year. Not taking anything away from Haslem but it was a year ago. What did he do against him this regular season? just for the heck of it.

Game 1 21
Game 2 21
Game 3 7
Game 4 20

Those numbers are a little misleading..because Haslem doesn't go up top to defend the three.

If you take away the three's that Sheed made (Since Haslem doesn't defend up top)

His Numbers are:

Game 1 9
Game 2 9
Game 3 4
Game 4 14

Haslem does well against Sheed's intermediate game.

MARINO1384 said:
well then the same can be said for haslem. Krstic is more of an offensive threat the haslem is and is 4 inches taller. If he goes outside then he has help from kidd and carter who are also good-great defenders. He drives and he has help from collins. Also Nets have robinson off the bench who if a very good defender.
yeah but if they help then billups or rip will be open.......sry i just dont see the nets having any chance

Section126 said:
Game 1 21
Game 2 21
Game 3 7
Game 4 20

Those numbers are a little misleading..because Haslem doesn't go up top to defend the three.

If you take away the three's that Sheed made (Since Haslem doesn't defend up top)

His Numbers are:

Game 1 9
Game 2 9
Game 3 4
Game 4 14

sheed has an unstoppable fadeaway that no1 can block but haslem is a good defender......thats goin to be a good series if they end up playing

Section126 said:
Game 1 21
Game 2 21
Game 3 7
Game 4 20

His Numbers are:

Game 1 9
Game 2 9
Game 3 4
Game 4 14

Yes but alot of Haslem taking away the inside game prolly has to do with shaq. He's not going to post him up when he has big shaq waiting to stuff the crap out of him.

culpepper2chambers said:
yeah but if they help then billups or rip will be open.......sry i just dont see the nets having any chance

Well they'll have a chance if they play them. Wallace has a history with falling in love with the 3 ball and doesn't always hit them so this can help or hurt the team he plays against depending on if he's hot or not.

culpepper2chambers said:
ive never seen sheeds fade away get blocked and i watched him the whole time he was with portland

That's cuz fade aways are ment to stop the defender from blocking them lol. But as a defender you live with a fade away because it's not a good shot most of the time.

man the playoffs are going to be so good with LeBron, Wade, and Carmelo....it sucks having AP tests, SAT IIs, SAT Is, and Finals, all during NBA playoff time.

culpepper2chambers said:
sheeds fadeaway is very good and he can hit it all day

Doubt it.He'll hit a couple but eventually he won't do it anymore and miss them.

maddendude said:
man the playoffs are going to be so good with LeBron, Wade, and Carmelo....it sucks having AP tests, SAT IIs, SAT Is, and Finals, all during NBA playoff time.

AHHHH how i love being a freshmen:lol:

MARINO1384 said:
New Jersey matches up better with the Pistons the the heat do? so where do u get that from?
No the heat match up better with pistons. Billups is better than kidd(and williams for that matter). Ben Wallace is better is better than Collins. Rasheed is way better than Krystic.If the pistons play the nets, the nets will be lucky to win 2 games. If the heat play the pistons,the series will most likely go to 7 games.

Ronnieisabeast said:
No the heat match up better with pistons. Billups is better than kidd(and williams for that matter). Ben Wallace is better is better than Collins. Rasheed is way better than Krystic.If the pistons play the nets, the nets will be lucky to win 2 games. If the heat play the pistons,the series will most likely go to 7 games.

:sidelol: lmao hahaha Jason Kidd is the best pure point gaurd in the league. Him and Nash are thee best. Billups is somewhere around 6th best. SOO what are you talking about. As i said b4 B.wallace isn't much of a scoring threat and collins is a good defender. B.wallace best attribute is his defense which collins is like no threat at all so that takes away from his game. Eiether if it's the heat or the nets it's still a mismatch vs rasheed. Yes haslem is more mobile but krystic is 4 inches taller then haslem which takes away rasheed inside game more then haslem does by himself.

MARINO1384 said:
New Jersey matches up better with the Pistons the the heat do? so where do u get that from?

I'll say this: as a Pistons fan, I would much rather play NJ than Miami. Yes, RJ is a matchup problem, but Vinsanity is such a (insert Phil Jackson's nickname for Kwame Brown) that he might as well wear a dress on the court. If you play physical with him early (something the Pistons have been known to do from time to time), he's shooting jumpers for the rest of the game. That high-flying act of his will last about 5 minutes in a Detroit-NJ series. If the Nets can't get production from Carter, they're going down.

In a conference finals, Miami concerns me. NJ, much less so. If a couple things go their way (i.e. Wade doing an MJ impression and Shaq consistently getting the Wallace Brothers in foul trouble, neither of which are entirely out of the question), Miami could beat Detroit. NJ could too, of course (I'd never count out Jason Kidd entirely), but they'd need a LOT more breaks in their favor.

culpepper2chambers said:
ok fine here

rasheed wallace>krystic
ben wallace=collins

On what planet? Collins isn't nearly enough of a post scorer to prevent Wallace from doing what he does best: come over from the weak side to swat shots into the 3rd row.

Back
Top Bottom