NBA series-by-series predictions | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA series-by-series predictions

phunwin said:
I'll say this: as a Pistons fan, I would much rather play NJ than Miami. Yes, RJ is a matchup problem, but Vinsanity is such a (insert Phil Jackson's nickname for Kwame Brown) that he might as well wear a dress on the court. If you play physical with him early (something the Pistons have been known to do from time to time), he's shooting jumpers for the rest of the game. That high-flying act of his will last about 5 minutes in a Detroit-NJ series. If the Nets can't get production from Carter, they're going down.

In a conference finals, Miami concerns me. NJ, much less so. If a couple things go their way (i.e. Wade doing an MJ impression and Shaq consistently getting the Wallace Brothers in foul trouble, neither of which are entirely out of the question), Miami could beat Detroit. NJ could too, of course (I'd never count out Jason Kidd entirely), but they'd need a LOT more breaks in their favor.

I suppose it could work or he could become pissed off and then he's unstoppable. Bruce Bowen tried to play Vince physically and Vince went off and score like 42 points in only 3 quarters. (Got kicked out last in the 3rd on a technical foul because bruce tried to use his cheap move and stick his foot under vince when shooting a 3 and vince retaliated, it was a wierd game because there was a technical foul on him b4 that,that shouldn't of been one because vince was playing around with one of the players and the refs called a T on both of them). Even if that does work on Carter don't forget what Jefferson can do. He has the same ability as Vince to take over a game. He's a superstar that has choosen to play a role in order to make the team better.

Playoffs:
First Round
SAS over SAC in 5
DAL over MEM in 5
PHO over LAL in 6
LAC over DEN in 7
---
DET over MIL in 4
CLE over WAS in 6
MIA over CHI in 6
IND over NJN in 7
Second Round
SAS over DAL in 6
PHO over LAC in 6
---
DET over CLE in 5
IND over MIA in 7
Confrence Finals
SAS over PHO in 5
DET over IND in 6
Finals
DET over SAS in 6

maddendude said:
Playoffs:
First Round
SAS over SAC in 5
DAL over MEM in 5
PHO over LAL in 6
LAC over DEN in 7
---
DET over MIL in 4
CLE over WAS in 6
MIA over CHI in 6
IND over NJN in 7
Second Round
SAS over DAL in 6
PHO over LAC in 6
---
DET over CLE in 5
IND over MIA in 7
Confrence Finals
SAS over PHO in 5
DET over IND in 6
Finals
DET over SAS in 6

There is absolutly no way that Ind beats the Nets and Heat.

MARINO1384 said:
:sidelol: lmao hahaha Jason Kidd is the best pure point gaurd in the league. Him and Nash are thee best. Billups is somewhere around 6th best. SOO what are you talking about. As i said b4 B.wallace isn't much of a scoring threat and collins is a good defender. B.wallace best attribute is his defense which collins is like no threat at all so that takes away from his game. Eiether if it's the heat or the nets it's still a mismatch vs rasheed. Yes haslem is more mobile but krystic is 4 inches taller then haslem which takes away rasheed inside game more then haslem does by himself.
No Kidd used to be the best pure point guard in the league. If he was this year, he would have a change to win the MVP which he isn't close to. Billups averages more points, more assists,plays better defense, has a better field goal percentage, has a better three point percentage, and has a better free throw percentage. Not to mention Billups has the best assist to turnover in the nba. But no you are right Kidd is better.:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Ronnieisabeast said:
No Kidd used to be the best pure point guard in the league. If he was this year, he would have a change to win the MVP which he isn't close to. Billups averages more points, more assists,plays better defense, has a better field goal percentage, has a better three point percentage, and has a better free throw percentage. Not to mention Billups has the best assist to turnover in the nba. But no you are right Kidd is better.:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

You have absloutly no clue what your talking about. If your looking at a pure point gaurd then you don't look at ppg,foul shots, and 3 point %. A pure point gaurd looks to pass first and Billups lead Kidd by .2 assist more game big whoop:shakeno: . Not to mention Billups has an all-star team. He also averages 4 more rebounds per game then Billups does. Jason Kidd runs the floor excellant and IS thee top pg in the league right with Nash.

Ronnieisabeast said:

Also J.Kidd almost averages a full steal more then Billups does each game. With J.Kidd averaging 1.88 spg compared to Billup's measly .97. Also J.Kidd averages 0.30 bpg compared to Billup's 0.10. So since you like stats soo much how is Billups defense better then Kidds? So i don't even think i have to mention Kidd completely shuting down Billups and Nash on back to back nights do i?

MARINO1384 said:
You have absloutly no clue what your talking about. If your looking at a pure point gaurd then you don't look at ppg,foul shots, and 3 point %. A pure point gaurd looks to pass first and Billups lead Kidd by .2 assist more game big whoop:shakeno: . Not to mention Billups has an all-star team. He also averages 4 more rebounds per game then Billups does. Jason Kidd runs the floor excellant and IS thee top pg in the league right with Nash.
I never said Billups was a better pure point guard. I said he was a better player which is true. Kidd isn't a top three point guard. Please don't play the Billups is only good because the players around him game. You can't tell me VC and RJ don't make kidd better(he still isn't that good).By the way, a pure point guard doesn't just mean you are a good passer. It also means you shoot well, are cultch, and play good defense.

MARINO1384 said:
Also J.Kidd almost averages a full steal more then Billups does each game. With J.Kidd averaging 1.88 spg compared to Billup's measly .97. Also J.Kidd averages 0.30 bpg compared to Billup's 0.10. So since you like stats soo much how is Billups defense better then Kidds? So i don't even think i have to mention Kidd completely shuting down Billups and Nash on back to back nights do i?
Billups was on the second team defense last year, and should get on it this year.Has Kidd even been on a defense team?

Ronnieisabeast said:
I never said Billups was a better pure point guard. I said he was a better player which is true. Kidd isn't a top three point guard. Please don't play the Billups is only good because the players around him game. You can't tell me VC and RJ don't make kidd better(he still isn't that good).By the way, a pure point guard doesn't just mean you are a good passer. It also means you shoot well, are cultch, and play good defense.[/quote]

Are you kidding? Kidd makes them better not the other way around Kidd was amazing without them b4 they were in the league so there goes that argument. Only a 1.8 difference in shooting % between them, If it's in the clutch then Vince is taking the shot and Kidds defenses stats are better then Billups. Watch his game b4 you put him down because i'm pretty sure everyone would agree the Kidd is a better pg then Billups.

MARINO1384 said:
Ronnieisabeast said:
I never said Billups was a better pure point guard. I said he was a better player which is true. Kidd isn't a top three point guard. Please don't play the Billups is only good because the players around him game. You can't tell me VC and RJ don't make kidd better(he still isn't that good).By the way, a pure point guard doesn't just mean you are a good passer. It also means you shoot well, are cultch, and play good defense.[/quote]

Are you kidding? Kidd makes them better not the other way around Kidd was amazing without them b4 they were in the league so there goes that argument. Only a 1.8 difference in shooting % between them, If it's in the clutch then Vince is taking the shot and Kidds defenses stats are better then Billups. Watch his game b4 you put him down because i'm pretty sure everyone would agree the Kidd is a better pg then Billups.
No Vince was always good. It is not like once VC meant to New Jesery he become good. So your saying Kidd isn't clutch enough to take the shot.

Ronnieisabeast said:
Billups was on the second team defense last year, and should get on it this year.Has Kidd even been on a defense team?

Named All-NBA First Team in 2003-04, 2001-02, 2000-01, 1999-00 and 1998-99

Named All-NBA Second Team in 2002-03

Named First Team All-Defensive Team in 2003-04, 2001-02, 2000-01 and 1998-99

Named Second Team All-Defensive Team in 2004-2005, 2002-03 and 1999-00.

Yeah but only 4 times to the FIRST team and only 3 to the 2nd team that's all though.

Ronnieisabeast said:
MARINO1384 said:
No Vince was always good. It is not like once VC meant to New Jesery he become good. So your saying Kidd isn't clutch enough to take the shot.

No i'm saying that if it's in the clutch we have our shooters take the shot. He's our 3rd option behind Carter and Jefferson.

Ronnieisabeast said:
MARINO1384 said:

I know i've loved Vince ever since he came into the league. But it's proven that Kidd makes his teammates better and that's what all good pg's do.

MARINO1384 said:
Named All-NBA First Team in 2003-04, 2001-02, 2000-01, 1999-00 and 1998-99

Named All-NBA Second Team in 2002-03

Named First Team All-Defensive Team in 2003-04, 2001-02, 2000-01 and 1998-99

Named Second Team All-Defensive Team in 2004-2005, 2002-03 and 1999-00.

Yeah but only 4 times to the FIRST team and only 3 to the 2nd team that's all though.
Well the reason kidd is that high is because only one-fourth of the nba plays defense. They were both second-team defense last year so I'll argee that defense is about equal.

MARINO1384 said:
Ronnieisabeast said:
No i'm saying that if it's in the clutch we have our shooters take the shot. He's our 3rd option behind Carter and Jefferson.
If you are the best pure point guard in the nba, your shouldn't be your team's third option esp. if it is in a clutch situation.

Back
Top Bottom