NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

Here's an interesting fact:

Of the past 40 Final Four teams, 27 have been either #1 or #2 seeds.

clear.gif

Earth shattering info! You mean the best teams usually make the Final Four. How could this be?

I love the pod system and I love the BCS.

The BCS usually gets it right.

They nail it 99% of them time. Yeah, they whiffed on Auburb in 2003 and I think we got slighted in 2000 when Florida State got the nod but for the most part, the BCS works.

I'm in favor of a Plus One system but nothing more. I don't want my college football watered down. It takes away from the regular season.

You don't like the NCAA basketball Tourney but you love the BCS?:lol2: The BCS is a complete joke as is college football b/c it.

People hate winners.

Let's go Blue Devils.

And for the record, today's race >>>>>> any tournament game today.

110320081829b10homepaget1-1.jpg

Since 1996(15 seasons) duke has advanced beyond the Sweet 16 just FIVE times. It's not about hating winners, it's about hating the types of players they have, the lying, cheating coach and everything that duke basketball represents.

Someone doesn't know how to watch a race...

Now you are saying NASCAR is better than a basketball game?:lol2::lol2:

I am beginning to understand you better now, I don't know if that is a good thing:D

This has been a great Tourney so far, would have en almost perfect had Michigan been able to pull off the upset but unfortunately they did not. This is what a postseason is supposed to look like, teams earning it on the field of play not through a computer.

Nascar is not a sport..I drive a car every day...Nothing athletic about it...Fishing either..Its just something for rednecks to feel good about..

It's really the best strategy. Might be the only strategy really. Picking upsets is picking upsets. You don't know who is going to upset who. It's just a guess at best.

Favorites win in this tournament the majority of the time. So if you pick the favorites, you may not win, but you'll do very very well.

I did four brackets and I'm first in one of them and second in the other three.

Top three spots pay cash.

Spent five minutes filling this stupid thing out.

Maybe YOU dont and maybe YOU would be guessing. However, some of us knock this tourney cold against the spread every year.

Nascar is not a sport..I drive a car every day...Nothing athletic about it...Fishing either..Its just something for rednecks to feel good about..

Dumbest argument ever. I can go outside and throw a football. Want me over Chad Henne?

You drive an air conditioned Honda with leather seats 50MPH.

Climb behind the wheel of a stock car and find out how tough it is to turn that thing lol. It's not like your Honda at all. Dudes can lose 10lbs while driving. Some of those guys are in great shape. You'd be surprised.

Dumbest argument ever. I can go outside and throw a football. Want me over Chad Henne?

You drive an air conditioned Honda with leather seats 50MPH.

Climb behind the wheel of a stock car and find out how tough it is to turn that thing lol. It's not like your Honda at all. Dudes can lose 10lbs while driving. Some of those guys are in great shape. You'd be surprised.

I agree it is much more difficult than most people realize but it is still pretty damn boring watching guys drive in circles for hours. On the excitement scale it rates above soccer and golf but just below jai alai.

And yeah, Im not a NASCAR fan at all, but I can respect the talent involved in driving 180mph inches away from another moving vehicle on either side.

Maybe YOU dont and maybe YOU would be guessing. However, some of us knock this tourney cold against the spread every year.

So you had Morehead State over Louisville?

I got Richmond over Vanderbilt. Is that really an upset though?

Gonzaga over St. John's isn't much of an upset.

VCU over Georgetown and Purdue are solid upsets.

Who's pickin upsets when this tournament doesn't really have any?

Nascar might be the most boring thing to watch. to me, it's about as exciting as watching the Dolphins' offense last year.

I agree it is much more difficult than most people realize but it is still pretty damn boring watching guys drive in circles for hours. On the excitement scale it rates above soccer and golf but just below jai alai.

Like I said, maybe some of you just don't know how to watch it to make it exciting. People don't really like baseball or golf and I think it's because you often times see a lot of guys just "standing around" but it's all about the mental game for me.

Like I said, maybe some of you just don't know how to watch it to make it exciting. People don't really like baseball or golf and I think it's because you often times see a lot of guys just "standing around" but it's all about the mental game for me.

I will admit I have no idea how to watch it to make it exciting. I love baseball but I know it can be boring at times as well.

Golf is incredibly boring.

I'm a big fan of attention to detail, precision, timing, and strategy. That's why golf, baseball, and NASCAR are three of my favorite things to watch.

In golf, if you strike a ball 1/8 off, you're driving a ball 30 yards off course. That's just ****ing incredible to think about. And it's such a mental game.

So you had Morehead State over Louisville?

I got Richmond over Vanderbilt. Is that really an upset though?

Gonzaga over St. John's isn't much of an upset.

VCU over Georgetown and Purdue are solid upsets.

Who's pickin upsets when this tournament doesn't really have any?

Well people foolishly consider games an upset if a larger numbered seed beats a team with a good seeding. There are plenty of occasions where those teams are almost a pick em game and sometimes even a favorite.

For instance, when the line first came out, Gonzaga was a 1.5 point favorite over BYU, despite them being an 11 seed while BYU was a 3. The line wound up being a pick em before tip off btw.

So yea, youre right that there are a lot of games that people call upsets when they really arent. Morehead state was a true upset, and honestly I wasnt shocked at all by that game. I thought Morehead would give them a run, didnt think they would definately beat them or anything, but certainly thought Morehead was capable of winning. That game couldve gone either way, as most games in this tournament could.

But, dont act like youre a guru because you got all of that Duke bracket correct. Everyone has that bracket looking good. I missed on having Arizona instead of Texas, however in no way was I stunned. In fact, I bet $100 on Arizona +5.5. So I figured the game would be very close. They could play again tomorrow and its likely Texas would win. Zona won in the closing seconds on a great play by a NBA caliber player. Those things happen.

And I guarentee youre just using some Colin Cowherd argument. I say this because I have heard he took chalk almost the whole way. Im sure he probably defended his philosophy the same way you are.

Reality is, he is ****ing whack and his picks blow. He lacks knowledge of the game so he just goes chalk and claims he will win more than he loses. Of course he will. And of course he will beat most participants in the bracket challenge that way. The bracket challenge is just a crapshoot for the most part. The real challenge is selecting the strongest teams who will make the runs to the 8 and 4. Good teams will get beaten along the way.

The real challenge is selecting against the spread. And when you can go 24-6 over the first 4 days let me know. When you go 7 for 7 on either of the round of 32 days, let me know. And this isnt unchartered territory for me. I do this basically every year. I had a somewhat off year last season, but was ridiculously strong in 09. I turned a starting amount under $100 into 5 grand that year. This season I started with $150 and already have my account over $1400. Had I started betting larger amounts before Saturday, I couldve really hit for some serious money.

Grab yo battle gear *****.

I'm a big fan of attention to detail, precision, timing, and strategy. That's why golf, baseball, and NASCAR are three of my favorite things to watch.

In golf, if you strike a ball 1/8 off, you're driving a ball 30 yards off course. That's just ****ing incredible to think about. And it's such a mental game.

Playing and watching golf are 2 different things. I can enjoy playing(though I don't play much) but I can't wacth it on TV.

Well people foolishly consider games an upset if a larger numbered seed beats a team with a good seeding. There are plenty of occasions where those teams are almost a pick em game and sometimes even a favorite.

For instance, when the line first came out, Gonzaga was a 1.5 point favorite over BYU, despite them being an 11 seed while BYU was a 3. The line wound up being a pick em before tip off btw.

So yea, youre right that there are a lot of games that people call upsets when they really arent. Morehead state was a true upset, and honestly I wasnt shocked at all by that game. I thought Morehead would give them a run, didnt think they would definately beat them or anything, but certainly thought Morehead was capable of winning. That game couldve gone either way, as most games in this tournament could.

But, dont act like youre a guru because you got all of that Duke bracket correct. Everyone has that bracket looking good. I missed on having Arizona instead of Texas, however in no way was I stunned. In fact, I bet $100 on Arizona +5.5. So I figured the game would be very close. They could play again tomorrow and its likely Texas would win. Zona won in the closing seconds on a great play by a NBA caliber player. Those things happen.

And I guarentee youre just using some Colin Cowherd argument. I say this because I have heard he took chalk almost the whole way. Im sure he probably defended his philosophy the same way you are.

Reality is, he is ****ing whack and his picks blow. He lacks knowledge of the game so he just goes chalk and claims he will win more than he loses. Of course he will. And of course he will beat most participants in the bracket challenge that way. The bracket challenge is just a crapshoot for the most part. The real challenge is selecting the strongest teams who will make the runs to the 8 and 4. Good teams will get beaten along the way.

The real challenge is selecting against the spread. And when you can go 24-6 over the first 4 days let me know. When you go 7 for 7 on either of the round of 32 days, let me know. And this isnt unchartered territory for me. I do this basically every year. I had a somewhat off year last season, but was ridiculously strong in 09. I turned a starting amount under $100 into 5 grand that year. This season I started with $150 and already have my account over $1400. Had I started betting larger amounts before Saturday, I couldve really hit for some serious money.

Grab yo battle gear *****.

Had Florida State not beat Notre Dame last night, I'd have over $1500 made off of this tournament. And that's just betting moneylines.

You act like YOU are some guru with this grab yo battle gear nonsense you're spewing lol. Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. People hit lucky streaks. You can just as easily be on the other side of 24-6 in an instant.

My method (I did say my method and not Colin's method) is a guaranteed winner. I've bet straight favorites and haven't had to watch the games as a result. If I'm betting against the spread, I'm concerned and I watch and I drive myself crazy. Now I'm making money and doing other productive things with my day like gyming it up.

Now, when you can make enough betting games during the year to travel the country every single weekend to watch some sorry *** college football team play, YOU let ME know.

;)

Back
Top Bottom