Nets Rule | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nets Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddwalk said:
Nets up 96-83

Looks like the bobcats gave a good fight but not strong enough up front to do anything

Felton so far 19 points and 7 assists

Jefferson on the other side has 33 points and 10 rebounds :eek:

ya Felton is $$$$$

culpepper2chambers said:
did u guys see that layup lebron did at the end of the game?? that was amazing

yes sadly. lol he's so strong i still don't know how he was able to hold on to it with both nets guys swiping at it.

culpepper2chambers said:
did u guys see that layup lebron did at the end of the game?? that was amazing

ya crazy play. Kidd's had clean contact with the ball and lebron still put it in. Kidd's reaction was of total disbelief.

(I could not get into the site for a couple of weeks so that's why this is so late)

But as far as his production on the court, it has gone up this year and I would fully expect the trend to continue into the playoffs....unless someone knees him again. I dont think its unreasonable to expect 38 mpg in the playoffs.

His #s might be up slightly pewr minute but if he's not playing his usual minutes and not avering his usual #s that's a good thing for the opponent and to expect him to all of a sudden to play 7-8 ore mins is asking alot of Shaq at his age and the way he has worn down in recent years.

LOL!!! This Heat team is MUCH BETTER...good luck with that.

You won 59 games and were the top seed in the East last year, at most you'll win 54 games this year- how are you better? Last year you couldn't beat the top teams, this year you can't beat the topteams- how are you better? last year you dismantled the Nets not allowing them to win a game while this year the Nets are 4-1 against you- how are you better? keep telling yourself that and you migth actually start to believe it.

Obviously...when one team goes out and outperforms their expectations...it is gonna be hard to get the #1...the Heat being a mash unit will still win 55 games...and maybe more.

AHHH...NO. Look at Detroits run a couple years ago...nobody picked them to even win the ECF...and they ended up smashing the Lakers in the Finals.

That Piston team 2 years agi was better than this Heat team and I'm guessing that team didn't struggle so much all yar against top teams like this Heat team has done the past 2 years. bad comparison.

I was talking about the sports writers...the same parade happened last year...in fact..it was worst...you even had ESPN people predicting a Nets win.

The nets had been on a long streak and were getting Jefferson back, sometimes people go overboard.

What is sad is that you think that the Nets are a serious playoff contender.

I've seen the Nets in the Finals twice since 2002, I KNOW this team is a serious playoff contender.

Regular Season doesn't matter. One Example...the Heat when they lost to Indiana in the second round in Wade's rookie year...had gotten destroyed by Indiana in the regular season...when they actually played the series...the Heat lost in 6, but had a chance to win game 6 at the buzzer and force a game 7. Regular Season means nothing.

Indiana was sleepwalking in that series. They were thinking about Detroit all series long, they knew they weren't losing to Miami- that wa a little fool's gold on the part of Maimi fans to think you were going to win that series.

We have been injury riddled against the top teams this year, and your memory is failing you. The Heat didn't "stink" against the top teams last year.

You had a miserable record against the top teams, I remember posting it to you heading into the det series and this year it's been just as bad. I think against the Nets alone Shaq missed on game(the Heat's only win against the Nets) so the injruy excuse doesn't fly especially when healthy last year you were awful against the top teams.

The Nets this year are the same team as last year...no change...just healthier.

The Heat is healthy this year...I might remind you of that.

If you think this Nets tam is anywhere close to last year you just ahven't paid attention.

In your last post you were complaining how injury ravaged you were and now you are healthy? I can't wait to read your excuses when the heat don't make the Finals again.

Okay...let's give them a trophy or something.

You seem to want a trophy for the het losing in the Conf Fianls last year and getting the 2 seed this year.

Saw them...Congratulations on beating the Heat B team with the officials screwing SHAQ with 5 fouls (3 were BS) that put him on the bench in the 3rd quarter.

and the excuses continue...

nyjunc...you are actually responding to a post from 3 weeks ago or so?

:sidelol:

Look...pay attention.

The Heat was not "horrible" against the best teams last year..

And stop adding wins to your Nets over the Heat..where do you get 4-1?

This Heat team is MUCH BETTER than last year's team....Last year's team had little or no bench, and was an awful rebounding team.

This year's team is ranked #1 in rebounding, and their bench is much improved and is one of the best in the league. The only thing last year's team had that was better was the overall 3 pt. shooting.

This Heat team is MUCH BETTER.

This team has been a mash unit all year..

They are better...mmmm-kay? Got it..okay.

BTW...that Detroit team...nyjunc....was 3-6 against the division winners and 5-12 vs. the top 4 seeds in each conference.

nyjunc...you are actually responding to a post from 3 weeks ago or so?

i was away for 2 weeks and while I had internet access I could not get on the site for some reason.

The Heat was not "horrible" against the best teams last year..

What did Miami do against the better teams in the league in the reg season:

Vs. Dallas- 0-2
vs. SA- 1-1
vs. Det- 1-2
vs. Sea- 0-2
vs. Pho- 1-1
vs. Hou- 1-1
--------------
4-9 vs. the best teams in the league
55-14 vs. the rest of the league

-win % against the top teams was 31%
-win % against the also rans was 80%

I pulled up a thread from last year so you think 4-9 against the top teams is good?

And stop adding wins to your Nets over the Heat..where do you get 4-1?

3-1 whatever.

This Heat team is MUCH BETTER than last year's team....Last year's team had little or no bench, and was an awful rebounding team.

really? You were crowing about the heat's bench last year and that was your reason why Miami would beat Detorit in 6.:sidelol:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78226&page=3

nyjunc said:
really? You were crowing about the heat's bench last year and that was your reason why Miami would beat Detorit in 6.:sidelol:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78226&page=3

How does that have anything to do with the price of peanuts?

Little to no bench as compared to this one....

Miami did have a better bench than Detroit last year..and they have a better one again this year.

This Heat team is much better than last year's Heat team...

Section126 said:
BTW...that Detroit team...nyjunc....was 3-6 against the division winners and 5-12 vs. the top 4 seeds in each conference.

Actually they were 4-8 against div winners and you forget about the wallace trade. prior to rasheed arriving the Pistons were 2-8 against div winners but they were 2-0 after rasheed. Did the heat acquire a player as good as rasheed in the last 2 mos?

They were 9-11 against the top 4 seeds in each conf(including 4-0 against Miami) and pre-Rasheed they were 6-10 and w/ rasheed they were 3-1.

Section126 said:
How does that have anything to do with the price of peanuts?

Little to no bench as compared to this one....

Miami did have a better bench than Detroit last year..and they have a better one again this year.

This Heat team is much better than last year's Heat team...

you went on and on about how great Miami's bench was, telling me how great guys like jones and Haslem were but of course now that they are gone they aren't that good, right?

nyjunc said:
you went on and on about how great Miami's bench was, telling me how great guys like jones and Haslem were but of course now that they are gone they aren't that good, right?

:confused:

nyjunc said:

UHH...Haslem is still here...and he is not a bench player.

Jones was a starter.

and yes...I like Damon Jones...but he is not half the player J-Will is...not HALF...so we improved at PG.

Again...what are you talking about?

Section126 said:
UHH...Haslem is still here...and he is not a bench player.

Jones was a starter.

and yes...I like Damon Jones...but he is not half the player J-Will is...not HALF...so we improved at PG.

Again...what are you talking about?

I meant dooling not haslem but last year all you talked about was how great the heat's bench was and how they'd win it b/c of that- now that bench wasn't that good but this bench is much better? You might have mroe talent but like I told you when you made the moves you don't have a better TEAM.

I just can't wait for the excuses after you lose and I am looking forward to next year when yuo tell us how this year's bench wasn't that good but next year's will be great:lol:

you wnet on and on about Damon Jones, while I tolf you he was an average player being made to look better by getting open shots b/c of shaq and wade you told me I was wrong and how good he was but now he sucked b/c he's gone?

nyjunc said:
Actually they were 4-8 against div winners and you forget about the wallace trade. prior to rasheed arriving the Pistons were 2-8 against div winners but they were 2-0 after rasheed. Did the heat acquire a player as good as rasheed in the last 2 mos?

They were 9-11 against the top 4 seeds in each conf(including 4-0 against Miami) and pre-Rasheed they were 6-10 and w/ rasheed they were 3-1.

and what was the Heat's record versus the division winners and the top 4 seeds from each conference last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom