New Dolphin TE Ben MOA - Gangster turned Football Player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Dolphin TE Ben MOA - Gangster turned Football Player

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
Click here for the complete article as well as pictures of all his gunshot wounds. As I said in an earlier thread, ESPN did a 7 minute segment on him earlier this year, on how he turned his life around.

http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Nov/11202003/sports/sports.asp

Ben Moa remembers driving a stolen car. And steering a reckless life. As he and his cousins moved through a Glendale neighborhood in their freshly acquired ride, a car full of gangsters with bad intentions rolled up on them, their guns firing. Moa squeezed off six shots, making one of his rivals pay with a slug to the groin.

He then accelerated onto a Salt Lake City freeway, where, a few minutes later, he and his boys were spotted by an undercover cop who pulled them over and slowly walked toward the car.

Somebody said, "Man, we got busted."

"No, we didn't," said Moa, who punched the throttle, weaving through traffic, running stop signs, hitting speeds of up to 100 mph through residential areas, before slamming the car into a concrete barrier in a parking lot near Franklin Covey Field, and running for a place to hide, all with law enforcement in hot pursuit.

Moa was a kid. Not so little, but he was 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad he turned his life around, but I'm starting to wonder if we didn't use our later picks/UFA signings to save on lettering costs...

Bua, Moa, Pope, Pape...

When did we sign him? I remember seeing the segment on ESPN, but I am sure we didn't draft him.

Apparently the character issue is of no importance to Spielman??

All Miami needs is to have one Cecil Collins in Spielmans drafts and he'll probably be ousted.

High character has been the main focus for this Miami FO in recent years.

Will Poole had character issues and Ben Moa reaks of it.

Hopefully all have gotten past it.

Saw that interview, he came off as sharp as a bag of marbles. Literally, he reminded me of a Mike Tyson in about 10 years after he tries a few more shots at the belt. Really dumb, with bad character issues. Stole from team mates, etc. Real shame.

Phinzone.. I read it too.

Is Spielman ruining the integrity of this franchise by bringing in guys like Ben Moa?

Don't care about your character as long as you can play- Is that the way to go?

I'm sure Wannstedt has something ot say here.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Phinzone.. I read it too.

Is Spielman ruining the integrity of this franchise by bringing in guys like Ben Moa?

Don't care about your character as long as you can play- Is that the way to go?

I'm sure Wannstedt has something ot say here.

Give me a break, u know nothing about the situation and u are crying like a baby about our "integrity"........we haven't been to the sb in forever...............but are "integrity" is top notch...........way to go fins.

Back
Top Bottom