New Kiper Mock has Phins taking... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Kiper Mock has Phins taking...

You draft that as a pass rusher you are asking to be pinked as a gm
Yep. I agree. Just comes down to value for me. My point being I dont see him as a 3 down LB. At #11 without those "Foster instincts" and your a LB you better be able to blanket cover or get to QB imo.

It's going to be interesting to see what we do. More and more it looks like the value for what we need will not be there at 11 so it's either trade down or take the best player even thought it might not be your biggest weakness.

Ozzy rules!!

It's going to be interesting to see what we do. More and more it looks like the value for what we need will not be there at 11 so it's either trade down or take the best player even thought it might not be your biggest weakness.

Ozzy rules!!
Well said.

We need defense. LB's, DE's ball hawking FS. Forget the line, we have options we've already drafted being totally discounted by the site. To win our division we need to be able to cover Rob Gronkowski, pressure Tom Brady and cover RB's out of the backfield or we can forget it.

We also need an o-line so we can protect the QB, run the football, control the clock and score more than 16 fricken points per game.

This team has picked up good young talent on defense the last 2 or 3 years... almost in spite of themselves.

I see no need to waste a whole draft on defensive luxuries right now. Offense is more important in this game and the cliche about defense winning titles is the biggest lie in sports. NO defense ever carries a team by itself. Bad offenses ALWAYS finish south of .500.

Coaching and development will solve our OL problems.

I seriously believe we have the chance this year to get a splash offensive playmaker at #11. Which will be an extreme need if we stupidly let Landry go.

This seems like exactly the kind of boring, mediocre pick I'd expect from this bunch, tbh.

I'm not mad at the pick. Move Tunsil back to guard and that side is set. Tannehill would be protected on the left.
But, there are more pressing needs.
How are we "set" on left side with Laremy Tunsil at guard? This is not the kind of guard we want. We need guards that can pull and trap and run and get to the second level and can move. Active and nasty.

This is not Tunsil. And he's not a great tackle either.

We also need an o-line so we can protect the QB, run the football, control the clock and score more than 16 fricken points per game.

So the 2016 Line is good then? People exaggerate the offensive line woes on here. Nobody has a dominant O-line especially the playoff teams left. The Titans may have had the best one in the playoffs and they got murdered because they couldn't cover Gronk or RB's out of the backfield. The jags will learn the hard lesson that there's isn't good enough either. We already dominated NE's o-line so we know they are not indestructible in their own right. In 2018 you need to pass and stop the pass. We need adequate pass protection, in 2017 we were 11th in the NFL with 33 sacks allowed even with Matt Moore taking 7 vs NE. It is adequate. I admit we could use better run blocking but despite popular opinion the line wasn't cost us games last year, the shoddy QB play was.

We gave up one more sack than the great Dallas Cowboys line in 2017 and less than the Titans, Eagles, Patriots and Chiefs. In 2016 we were 10th with 30 sacks. Now everyone is going to tell me about the eyeball test. Don't bother I see plenty of QB's who make plays while constantly under pressure. I'd love to have the best line in the league but not at the expense of wasting more high draft picks on it.

How are we "set" on left side with Laremy Tunsil at guard? This is not the kind of guard we want. We need guards that can pull and trap and run and get to the second level and can move. Active and nasty.

This is not Tunsil. And he's not a great tackle either.

Give him a chance he has great tools. Are we going to replace everybody he isn't great in year 1? We'll be spinning our wheels forever. He may not work out, there's always that chance, but replacing Laremy Tunsil in 2018 would be the stupidest idea of all time.

Give him a chance he has great tools. Are we going to replace everybody he isn't great in year 1? We'll be spinning our wheels forever. He may not work out, there's always that chance, but replacing Laremy Tunsil in 2018 would be the stupidest idea of all time.
Not saying we should replace Tunsil. I'm saying do not move him to guard. He has a ways to go just at tackle. It's obvious.

Not saying we should replace Tunsil. I'm saying do not move him to guard. He has a ways to go just at tackle. It's obvious.

I say no way. The guys has great tools to be a tackle and our line was 11th in the NFL giving up 33 sacks (our QB's were sacked less than Tom Brady who is GREAT at avoiding sacks). I feel the O-LINE issues are greatly exaggerated on here. I's love to have the best offensive line in the NFL but not at the expense of drafting impact players on defense. I go defense at 11 and even in the 2nd and 3rd if it were up to me.

I am curious to know how many of you would take 21 and 22 from buffalo if you knew it was for Mayfield

I know I wouldn't do it with Allen still on the board.

I wouldnt lose any sleep seeing Baker in Buffalo. I know he has his fans here.

I’d take those picks regardless of who’s on the board.

Back
Top Bottom