New Logo Concept

Yay or Nay

• Yay

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 64 86.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice enough design but it is something you could use for a kids club not a team logo.

I quite like the design on this helmet though again it isnt really suitable.

attachment.php

This looks modern, not too bad.

Not too bad. I certainly have seen a lot worse. I think some people have issues with our Dolphin logo because they don't feel it is "tough looking," but if you look at a Dolphin, they don't have a fierce look....they look like they are smiling more than they have a mean looking shark look. I think maybe we could have a couple of different looks, if the NFL would approve it. We could go with the traditional looking uniforms and helmets that we had during the Superbowl, or my favorite looking jersey, worn during Marino's days where the color was more aqua than green, and the numbers and logos stood out better. Than maybe we could have an alternate uniform and helmet. Oregon has numerous jersey and helmet combinations....I just think we could update the logo and create an alternative helmet and jersey. The Broncos updated their helmet logo, and added the streaks up the side of the pants/jersey in the late 90's and went to a more Navy blue. We should do this as well, but stay with the traditional look most of the time and use the alternative look occasionally, just like we do with the orange uniforms.

I don't want anything that even remotely looks like the new Marlins logo. Sorry but the Miami Marlins logo is just bad well I should say the M itself is ok but that "marlin" Is just awful. Now if the Dolphins go in that direction i will certainly never buy new gear just like i'm not buying any new Marlins gear.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

This looks modern, not too bad.

With some adjustments I could possible get on board with it. Still love our current logo though.

Hey guys, posting a design I created. I've been reading alot about what people would like to see for our team's new look in 2013. A lot of members love the futuristic dolphin jumping through the ray of sunshine ala the old 'Dolphin Stadium' logo back in 2006. I took a bunch of elements that I loved as well, and meshed them into a little something.

Let me know what you guys think, was my first go around at a fins logo & this is the unpolished version. Thank you
I like it. I think it needs a little something more, but I like what you did.

attachment.php

This might be the best shot I've seen taken at an alternative logo....I'd like to see it with some navy blue accents and perhaps with the sun incorpated into this scheme as well.

Attachments

• Dolphins-logo-620x637.jpg
    Dolphins-logo-620x637.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

If you want a good logo you have to decide what aspects of the Dolphin you want to project. The current logo is terrible because it's combining this playful leap and cartoon-like drawing style with an angry sneer (all served up with an ill-fitting helmet on top). It's a mixed message and not representative of a) what we want to symbolise the team and b) what aspects of the dolphin should be accentuated.

That's why this logo is a very good starting point. It accentuates forward motion, fluidity, speed, sleekness, determination, intelligence and a bit of flair. It doesn't try to put human emotions on a cartoon animal. It's all the positive traits of the dolphin which are relevant to a sports team.

And, it's fairly contemporary looking. It's not perfect, but it's the sort of starting point I hope the designers begin from.

I thought I would miss the sun, but looking at that logo I don't think I would, if they got it right.

attachment.php

If you want a good logo you have to decide what aspects of the Dolphin you want to project. The current logo is terrible because it's combining this playful leap and cartoon-like drawing style with an angry sneer (all served up with an ill-fitting helmet on top). It's a mixed message and not representative of a) what we want to symbolise the team and b) what aspects of the dolphin should be accentuated.

That's why this log is a very good starting point. It accentuates forward motion, fluidity, speed, sleekness, intelligence and a bit of flair. It doesn't try to put human emotions on a cartoon animal. It's all the positive traits of the dolphin which are relevant to a sports team.

And, it's fairly contemporary looking. It's not perfect, but it's the sort of starting point I hope the designers begin from.

I thought I would miss the sun, but looking at that logo I don't think I would, if they got it right.

Why not put the sun back into it? I'd love to see a version done that way.

Why not put the sun back into it? I'd love to see a version done that way.

Like I say, I thought I'd miss it, but you'd actually be messing with the design if you tried to put the sun in it, imo. I don't like the helmet colour and not fixed on the dolphin colours either, but overall it works like the Broncos change worked, where they removed the D and took it back to basics.

Back
Top Bottom