New USC Coach....Lane Kiffin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New USC Coach....Lane Kiffin

Going to USC is the easy way out. Once he became Tennessee's coach, he dedicated himself to the program. He took a lot of high profiled recruits with him to Tennessee, and people believed in him at Tennessee. To leave all the guys you recruited out to dry, and take your DC, really does leave Tennessee out to dry.

I never stated anywhere that it wasn't the smart move for him. I think it worsens his overall reputation, and shows that he really is a punk that will jump at the first chance he can to another job. Building a contender at Tennessee would've taken a few years, but if he could do that, it would've shown that he really is a very good coach in college football.

Going to USC, and taking one of the best DC's, OC's, and recruiters in college football along with you is a punk move because it really doesn't establish anything for you as a coach. He's going to a program that basically recruits itself. He took a bunch of guys around him that could be head coaches in their own right. Outside of the possible sanctions, he probably put himself in the safest spot possible, but he did it at the expense of the Tennessee Volunteers program. What he did wasn't right, the school dedicated themselves to him, most of his recruits will probably transfer, and it may lead that football program into a dead hole for a few years. Lane Kiffen always has and always be as big of a ***** as Nick Saban, the only difference is Saban is 100X the coach Kiffen is.
I agree the system sucks. The players are getting screwed and the school is left scrambling. You can't put that all on Kiffin shoulders though. The job came up when it did. Like Carroll said, there never is a good time.

I don't see this as a punk move to run away from a challenge. Call me naive, but I believe Kiffin when says this is the only job he would have left for. This isn't Kiffin moving to Alabama or Florida just because they're already set for championships. This is Kiffin returning back to the school that brought him up and first gave him a shot on a big stage. Every coach, especially in college, has their dream job. This was Kiffin's. I can't blame him for taking it.

Karma is a *****...I hate Tenn....but they deserved better than Kiffin.
Wait till the NCAA hits USC...It's coming.

Maybe Old Al is just vindictive and not nearly as senile as everyone believes, eh?

For those who have not heard, there are riots currently going on in Knoxville by students and the community. This is not a joke. Here's the rock in Knoxville that has been painted by Tennessee students. Knoxville PD are on the scene. **** is getting real...

Unnamed-1.jpg

here is line I saw I liked

What's Lane Kiffin going to scream about at his press conference? "Our kids will not get cars!" Then all his players will leave.

For those who have not heard, there are riots currently going on in Knoxville by students and the community. This is not a joke. Here's the rock in Knoxville that has been painted by Tennessee students. Knoxville PD are on the scene. **** is getting real...

Unnamed-1.jpg

First thing that came to mind was ,Ray Finkle???

Karma is a *****...I hate Tenn....but they deserved better than Kiffin.
Wait till the NCAA hits USC...It's coming.

You said it....us Bama guys have been waiting for the day Tennessee gets one shoved up their ***.....it should've been with Fulmer leading the way though....not at the hands of this clown....

Vol fans are some of the most passionate and loyal fans in the country and always have been for longer than most of us have been alive....and we love to hate each other...(I'm friends with many of them)...but c'mon man...:facepalm:

The sanctions that are about to leave stripes across USC's *** are going to seem like a picnic for the Kiffin family compared to meeting the expectations of a classic, college powerhouse in the SEC....

A punk kid like Kiffin was just all wrong for the SEC and a program like Tennessee anyway....for Vol fans it'll sting for a little bit....and it's terrible for the kids that have been left high and dry....but the program will be better off in the long run IMO....

He can run that mouth all he wants out on the left coast and it'll be drowned out by the crashing of waves from the Pacific on the shore.....the echo of the Smokey Mountains only gave it more time to fester...

As a USC alum, that was a wild day. In the end I'm pleased. Kiffin represents basic football. That's what he stayed close to Florida with, and should have beaten Alabama with. Tennessee was the only team to out rush Alabama, 35 attempts to 30. Not coincidentally, the Vols were also the only team to both out gain Alabama and have more time of possession. USC has drifted far too pass oriented the last two years, dropping 6 rushing attempts per game from 2007 to 2009. I hope it's not too much Chow. That's my only concern. The recruits will swarm to campus. Just don't allow the old crotchedy guy to ruin it with too much finesse, which is the tendency with older coaches, as Shula and Bowden have demonstrated, losing the physical edge and relied too much on passing. I hope USC stays away from Chow.

Actually, that Tennessee/Florida game reminds me of the current sentiments in this thread, and on college football boards everywhere. The overreactive desperate viewpoint was Florida would mangle the Vols due to Kiffin's comments after being hired. The spread was outrageous, more than 30. I remember reading Dave Hyde saying Tennessee would lose by 50. Meanwhile, it's SEC athletes, not Montana State. Kiffin's dad is a pass defense genius who once had Tampa Bay surrendering less than 5 yards per attempt in road games for an entire season.

The same giddiness that expected Tennessee to get blown out now thrills at the expectation that USC will face severe sanctions, and Kiffin will fail. No chance. You always have to step back and look at the big picture. The penalties will be minimal. This is hardly SMU revisited. Check any recent or semi recent NCAA sanction. They are not disabling, or even hard hitting. When the situation drags on for years it means it is not clear cut, and therefore lends itself to benefit of a doubt, not slamming the door.

Carroll left because he itched to return to the pros. It's been obvious for years. There were rumors every season because his connections did not send out a flat no. This year he showed up late for functions and cut corners in general. A year ago Carroll was livid at Sanchez turning pro early because deep down he knew he had only one more year before bolting, and wanted a veteran QB to expand opportunity. Carroll never would have reacted that way if he intended to stay another decade. And he realized his NFL window was now, at age 58.

In short, focusing on the sanctions as the reason for Carroll's departure is the convenient cynical view, not the accurate one.

USC has annual access to great players and improved its overall coaching staff today. I'll stand by that summary and let the haters eventually wonder what went wrong with their worst case projections.

I do feel bad for Tennessee. Kiffin will be a curse word for decades. That will teach them not to look outside their program or region for coaches. It always seemed like an awkward fit.

You said it....us Bama guys have been waiting for the day Tennessee gets one shoved up their ***.....it should've been with Fulmer leading the way though....not at the hands of this clown....

Vol fans are some of the most passionate and loyal fans in the country and always have been for longer than most of us have been alive....and we love to hate each other...(I'm friends with many of them)...but c'mon man...:facepalm:

The sanctions that are about to leave stripes across USC's *** are going to seem like a picnic for the Kiffin family compared to meeting the expectations of a classic, college powerhouse in the SEC....

A punk kid like Kiffin was just all wrong for the SEC and a program like Tennessee anyway....for Vol fans it'll sting for a little bit....and it's terrible for the kids that have been left high and dry....but the program will be better off in the long run IMO....

He can run that mouth all he wants out on the left coast and it'll be drowned out by the crashing of waves from the Pacific on the shore.....the echo of the Smokey Mountains only gave it more time to fester...

bingo on all of that. vols fans are just as nuts - and maybe even more so - than those animals at LSU. been to many a gator/vol game in knoxville. i've had rocks, bottles, coolers - you name it - thrown at me. those kids don't fugg around. they're always horrible before the game - but calm down a lot after - win or lose. although i've hardly seen them win. :chuckle:

kiffin was always a bad fit there - which is kind of why i liked him being there so much. tennessee is a school steeped in tradition and they deserve someone at the helm with some class. i always hated fulmer but he had my respect. kiffin - not a lick.

i don't know how he'll do at USC. he's not a very good coach IMO and USC is the most overrated team in college football every single year. he'll need a ton of help - which he'll undoubtedly get. it's not that USC isn't a great program - they're just not nearly as great as the talking heads say they are every damn year. the stud QB's constantly bail them out. and besides, the PAC 10 is a joke of a conference. i've never been a USC fan - now i actually have a reason to hate them. :woot:

Kiffin is a doucher

I feel Tennessee's pain, WVU went thru the same thing with Rich Rod 2 years ago. It hurts

bingo on all of that. vols fans are just as nuts - and maybe even more so - than those animals at LSU. been to many a gator/vol game in knoxville. i've had rocks, bottles, coolers - you name it - thrown at me. those kids don't fugg around. they're always horrible before the game - but calm down a lot after - win or lose. although i've hardly seen them win. :chuckle:

kiffin was always a bad fit there - which is kind of why i liked him being there so much. tennessee is a school steeped in tradition and they deserve someone at the helm with some class. i always hated fulmer but he had my respect. kiffin - not a lick.

i don't know how he'll do at USC. he's not a very good coach IMO and USC is the most overrated team in college football every single year. he'll need a ton of help - which he'll undoubtedly get. it's not that USC isn't a great program - they're just not nearly as great as the talking heads say they are every damn year. the stud QB's constantly bail them out. and besides, the PAC 10 is a joke of a conference. i've never been a USC fan - now i actually have a reason to hate them. :woot:

Maybe I should've worded it a little different....

Make no mistake...I would never use Phillip Fulmer's name and....

....class in the same sentence....

What I meant was a lot of us Bama fans couldn't wait for the day that Fulmer got it shoved up his *** while he was at Tennessee...

Fulmer is the one who secretly provided information to the NCAA about some recruiting violations reguarding Alabama (which 80% of it was fabricated bull****) to help the NCAA bury Bama in exchange for turning their cheek and ignoring the violations that were going to be investigated at Tennessee....allowing them to be swept under the rug...

Class? Nah....not to mention the manner in which he got the Tennessee job in the first place...

Kiffin's staff at USC is sick.

Chow at OC, Old Man Kiffin at DC, and Oregeron?

Wow.

I don't think losing Lane Kiffin is what's going to hurt so bad....it's losing the entire staff and great recruiters like Orgeron that's going to burn some people's ***....

Especially this close to signing day....

When all you're left with 3 weeks prior to signing day is naming Kippy Brown (who just got there btw) the interim coach....you've just had it broke off in you exponentially...

Maybe I should've worded it a little different....

Make no mistake...I would never use Phillip Fulmer's name and....

....class in the same sentence....

What I meant was a lot of us Bama fans couldn't wait for the day that Fulmer got it shoved up his *** while he was at Tennessee...

Fulmer is the one who secretly provided information to the NCAA about some recruiting violations reguarding Alabama (which 80% of it was fabricated bull****) to help the NCAA bury Bama in exchange for turning their cheek and ignoring the violations that were going to be investigated at Tennessee....allowing them to be swept under the rug...

Class? Nah....not to mention the manner in which he got the Tennessee job in the first place...

i always thought fulmer was a class act myself. that dude bled orange. he LOVED that program while he was there - playing and coaching - and all that crap he did was to protect the program. you know if the situation was reversed you'd feel differently.

my main point was tennessee is a great program and fulmer fit the bill. he did them proud. kiffin - not so much.

the whole majors thing ... eh.

Back
Top Bottom