New USC Coach....Lane Kiffin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New USC Coach....Lane Kiffin

i always thought fulmer was a class act myself. that dude bled orange. he LOVED that program while he was there - playing and coaching - and all that crap he did was to protect the program. you know if the situation was reversed you'd feel differently.

my main point was tennessee is a great program and fulmer fit the bill. he did them proud. kiffin - not so much.

the whole majors thing ... eh.

Fulmer was a Tennessee Vol through and through.....a lifer....not disputing that...

But he falls short of class IMO....if he felt like what he did to bring sanctions down on a rival school was displaying "Big Orange Pride"....so be it...

However, the "classy" thing to do would've been to tell what you know and leave it at that...not make up things that were disproven by lawyers...

Oh...and not do it in exchange for getting away with your own violations....go ahead and as a University, impose your own penalties....which is what Bama had to end up doing anyway...

Fulmer was a Tennessee Vol through and through.....a lifer....not disputing that...

But he falls short of class IMO....if he felt like what he did to bring sanctions down on a rival school was displaying "Big Orange Pride"....so be it...

However, the "classy" thing to do would've been to tell what you know and leave it at that...not make up things that were disproven by lawyers...

Oh...and not do it in exchange for getting away with your own violations....go ahead and as a University, impose your own penalties....which is what Bama had to end up doing anyway...

i know i know - if he had done it to the gators i'd be right there with you. but one bad situation in 40 years - that's not so bad.

man, i can't believe i'm defending phillip fugging fulmer. :boohoo:

i know i know - if he had done it to the gators i'd be right there with you. but one bad situation in 40 years - that's not so bad.

man, i can't believe i'm defending phillip fugging fulmer. :boohoo:

Feels slimey doesn't it? :lol:

It wouldn't matter who he did it to....the fact that it was Alabama is irrelevant when you get down to the brass tacks of it.....if he had done the same thing to Kentucky or Georgia....it would be just the same IMO...

Classy guy that Fulmer...

i always thought fulmer was a class act myself. that dude bled orange. he LOVED that program while he was there - playing and coaching - and all that crap he did was to protect the program. you know if the situation was reversed you'd feel differently.

my main point was tennessee is a great program and fulmer fit the bill. he did them proud. kiffin - not so much.

the whole majors thing ... eh.

Ask Johnny Majors how classy Fat Phil was.

With possible sanctions coming down,USC hiring Lane Kiffin is like
asking Tiger Woods to be your marital counselor.

A friend of mine put it best...

"At least we have Oregon, Florida, and Alabama at Neyland next year so the *** whippings can be in front of our fans"....:lol:

LSUfreek is the man lmao.

The_New_Beverly_Hillbillies-1.gif

With possible sanctions coming down,USC hiring Lane Kiffin is like
asking Tiger Woods to be your marital counselor.

Years ago, when I was in SoCal, I joined the headquarters of a very large preeminent national financial services organization as a marketing manager. Management right up and down the line turned out to be largely an old boy network of rich legacy USC alumni douches (and that includes the women). Before or since, I never worked in such a bureaucratic, CYA, appearance-over-reality malignant environment. Friday's were for talking about the upcoming Sat game and Mondays were devoted to gloating over the win. Of course during UCLA week, no work got done period.

It was then that I realized that the acronym standing for "University of Spoiled Children" was more truth than tongue-in-cheek. In that vein, Kiffin fits in very well and I wish him nothing but the worst.

LSUFreek is always prompt and hilarious with his stuff. Also, USC isn't coming out with anything more than a slap on the wrist. Some of you seem to think that they're gonna get hit with probation and the TV/postseason ban with a few scholarship reductions to boot. And as much as they probably deserve it, that isn't happening.

Very fortunate for USC to avoid Norm Chow. He fits perfectly with Neuheisel, two finesse coaches who don't want to be bothered running the football. In fact, I'm sure that's the principal factor behind Chow's decision, whether he admits it or not, even to himself. Older coaches historically find it far more comfy to diagram fluff passing plays than relocate massive linemen. Shula with Marino, Robinson II at USC, and Bowden this decade are high profile examples, but there are plenty more.

Kiffin is 30 years younger than Chow, so that's problematic in both directions. Neither would have fully respected the other.

Back
Top Bottom