NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game

Results don't matter, what matters is intent and if this is true they definitely should be punished. It may not have made a difference yesterday but if this tactic is worth a point or several points a game it'll win them a game they should have lost eventually. Like, imagine if it came out that Carroll did the same thing in yesterdays game.

It would be like having the back of one card marked in poker, 95% of the time it'll have no effect but every once in a while it'll make a huge difference.

I think the difference is that the media KNOW about Billichicks past issues so they FIND what they are looking for every time.

They see stuff that ALWAYS goes on, by ALL teams and then put on their high heals and their make-up and promenade in drag up and down the street

you may be absolutely right but for the most part you don't hear about any of these shenanigans with other teams... I have a hard time believing all of this is due to spygate which happened many years ago now... but who knows?

**** the Pats. There wasn't even any Pats fans outside of Maine until Brady came along. I can't wait til that ****er is gone and all the ****roaches scurry back under the **** in with they came.

Luck for Suck!!!

If they continue cheating and use some technology on their stadium, or spy on others, they will continue winning even if their QB is Mark Sánchez!!!!

Okay, I despise the Pats. I want to puke just from the very thought of them having a chance to win their first SB since 2005. Tom Brady's presence makes me want to punch him in the face. Belichick's nonchalance makes me want to punch him in his stupid looking face. However, that team wins. You can argue until you are blue in the face about how they don't deserve the accolades they amass, but the fact of the matter is that they are in the SB again. Deflated balls, $25K fine, lost draft picks, that's just collateral damage to achieve the results they want to achieve. The Pats have reached elite level of production from their teams through some shady methods. Recall both the tuck rule and the fake injury timeouts. These were not things the NFL gave two ****s about until the Pats put them on notice that it is a shady tactic. But they used the grey area of the law to achieve what they wanted.

The Pats are an organization that will go for broke so that they can be in contention for yet another Super Bowl. I despise the Pats, but I wish the Dolphins would push the envelope so that they can get to where they want. The Pats win. Everybody hates on them because they win in so many different ways. Whether it's shady tactics, abusing the **** out of an opposing team's weakness, grossly negligent chop blocks to take players' knees out, sneaky formation and player eligibility, etc, they find a way to win no matter what. They are not classy in any way, but they could give two ****s because they are in the Super Bowl yet again.

They are not winning solely because of these shady moves, they are winning because they believe in their organization, they trust the players lining up with them, they trust the coach, they buy into the system. Seattle is similar to the Pats in that they don't have a clean reputation, yet they end up getting to where they want. Seattle and NE go into every single down with a "**** you" mentality. They flaunt their false modesty pre-game and then go out onto the field and win at any cost. I don't condone anything the Pats do, but I can assure you that every single Dolphins fan would much rather be hearing about deflated balls when their team is heading to the 8th Super Bowl in franchise history, than having a team that has failed to do anything that remotely challenges perpetual mediocrity while trying to remain classy.

I'm not a happy fan with the current state of the organization when my most hated team makes the Super Bowl yet again. ****ing Pats, but most of all, ****ing Dolphins for being irrelevant yet again.

If he was gonna cheat I would expect a more subtle, intelligent way of cheating, given what happened with spygate.

Or, maybe its misdirection and there was something more nefarious going on?

Fred Smerlas ‏@FredSmerlas
Ball protocol: 12 balls per team/ good weather and 24 balls per team/inclement weather; balls are inspected by refs and put into secure area

Exactly & who exactly do the refs get their ultimate marching order from? Roger G.

They've been cheating since 1982 - anyone recall the snow plow caper?

This is such crybaby colts crap. I hate the pats with a passion, but everyone is so fast to accuse them of cheating. Why? Is it because they have a winning organization that they players buy into? Deflated balls would have helped both teams, and deflated balls have no merit when it was the running game that crushed the colts in the first place not to mention that the refs have control of all balls and would have reported if something wasn't right. And don't give me the "refs were paid" nonsense. Maybe instead of the colts whining every time they lose games maybe they should practice playing with wet balls or in bad weather, and get out of the climate controlled dome they call home. That's the reason they lost, they can't play outside in the elements and they got their asses kicked and are looking for a scapegoat. Instead of always investigating the patriots for cheating why not do something about the colts cheating. After all, the owner has came out and said he sucked for luck, so that's cheating if you intentionally lose. Take some draft picks away from the colts to show that this kind of thing won't be tolerated.

This is such crybaby colts crap. I hate the pats with a passion, but everyone is so fast to accuse them of cheating. Why? Is it because they have a winning organization that they players buy into? Deflated balls would have helped both teams, and deflated balls have no merit when it was the running game that crushed the colts in the first place not to mention that the refs have control of all balls and would have reported if something wasn't right. And don't give me the "refs were paid" nonsense. Maybe instead of the colts whining every time they lose games maybe they should practice playing with wet balls or in bad weather, and get out of the climate controlled dome they call home. That's the reason they lost, they can't play outside in the elements and they got their asses kicked and are looking for a scapegoat. Instead of always investigating the patriots for cheating why not do something about the colts cheating. After all, the owner has came out and said he sucked for luck, so that's cheating if you intentionally lose. Take some draft picks away from the colts to show that this kind of thing won't be tolerated.

:bobdole: 1) Colts had nothing to do with the allegations. 2) It's quite apparent you did not bother to read the thread.

:bobdole: 1) Colts had nothing to do with the allegations. 2) It's quite apparent you did not bother to read the thread.

The whole thing started in Indianapolis from the station WTHR from Bob Kravitz, so don't give me that nonsense that colts didn't push this. Jim Irsay is nothing but a crybaby whiner when he loses, unless it's deliberate for a quarterback he wants. The colts are classless as they come, and whine every time they lose. This would not even have been brought up if they one, hell it would have been brought up if they lost to any other team. They simply can't beat the patriots and they cry foul every time they lose.

The whole thing started in Indianapolis from the station WTHR from Bob Kravitz, so don't give me that nonsense that colts didn't push this. Jim Irsay is nothing but a crybaby whiner when he loses, unless it's deliberate for a quarterback he wants. The colts are classless as they come, and whine every time they lose. This would not even have been brought up if they one, hell it would have been brought up if they lost to any other team. They simply can't beat the patriots and they cry foul every time they lose.

That's amazing that a sports columnist has the authority to order referees to remove footballs during the course of a game.

Back
Top Bottom