NFL Network- Dolphins Chris Hogan worth watching | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network- Dolphins Chris Hogan worth watching

Philbin said he didnt care about stats and went with the coaches feelings, their guts... And I beleive 3 of his coaches will makes a case fore Hogan...

Drew Rosenhaus "absolutely" thinks Chris Hogan makes the team. Hogan is not a client of his, by the way.

"You watch this guy and he looks like an NFL wide receiver. He gets open, catches the football and makes plays. (The Dolphins should keep him) otherwise someone else is going to gobble him up, and people will say, 'How did the Dolphins let this guy go?'"

I mean, does he not absolutely fit what Philbin is looking for in this offense? A guy who gets open and catches the damn ball?

Its just too bad he sits behind Bess and Pruitt as slot guys. I honestly think with good progressions, Hogan could be better than Bess. Bess coming off ACL.

It (hopefully) seems to me like they already know Hogan is a keeper, so they're trying out the rest of the guys to see if they've got anything in them.

This really deserves an exploratory piece if Hogan makes the team. I'll try and see if I can convince Volin to line up some LAX guys to explore it.

There are a few very good players that played competitive LAX. Jim Brown is obviously the most well known. More recently, I recall reading Pat Kerney played at UVA and Evan Royster played at Penn St. Will Yeatman was an all American at ND in LAX. Chris Long played but that may have just been high school. What surprises me natural mobility vs. size these guys have.

Unless this is the hogan that tells u to say ur prayers eat ur vitamins brother... He's just another name.

I'm not overly qualified as I've never played lacrosse, but I did call some lacrosse games in college, and the things I've seen/heard from experts is that lacrosse really helps football players with vision and balance. I know while Evan Royster was at Penn State they pointed out how (at least early in his college career) you absolutely had to wrap him up because he couldn't be knocked over due to the skills he learnt playing LAX (and he was a top 5 lacrosse recruit in the country). Royster also talked about how it helped with holding onto the ball because he became aware of everything going on around him and is able to anticipate more... which also helps prevent fumbling.

From the little I saw of Hogan, I do see the great balance that he got from LAX

I played lacrosse and football and this is true. In all honesty, Lacrosse is a more difficult sport because you have to be very confident with the stick. If you go out on the field and are not very confident, you are going to get lit up. It takes months to really have that confidence in game to scoop up ground balls in one motion while someone is bearing down on you..or make the over the shoulder outlet catch in traffic.

Also to get free from guys with 6 foot long poles when you are in a one on one is very very difficult. It is rather similar to a WR trying to get free, except you have to create much more space due to the fact that the defender can recover due to his stick.

Some of the fastest guys I ever covered played lacrosse. I am talking 4.5.-4.7 speed and they are coming at you with the ball while you are running backwards waiting for the right moment to throw your weight forward and come into them to defend. If you pick the wrong instance to do that you are beaten, and it looks really bad.

Back
Top Bottom