NFL Rumors: DeAngelo Williams in Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Rumors: DeAngelo Williams in Miami?

Please no! He is never heathly-He has played in, 37 out of a possible 64 games. He is not worth it.

Okay, now...I can see how people could manipulate stats to try and make their points, but this is just completely false. Let's try it THIS way...

From 2006-2009, DeAngelo Williams played in 58 of a possible 64 games.

He has NOT been overworked.

If i were calling the shots, i'd pair ricky williams with michael bush in the backfield, spend our f/a coin on interior OL (Kalil) and shore up the OL with Mike Pouncey/G/FLORIDA in the 1st rnd, after a trade down into the 2nd rnd, Greg Jones/ILB/MSU.

Sign him. And for you guys asking to pair him with Ricky. He ain't coming back next year. You can't insult the HC the way he did & expect to come back. No way. Besides, he's old & fumbles way too much. Time to move on. Buh bye Ronnie & Ricky.

Hilliard has some speed, but he is not a tough runner as he falls even at the touch of a fingertip. He's not very good at breaking tackles. He also has no moves and runs straight ahead.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

the only think I dont like about michael bush is is so slow. he has almost no speed. Hes a tough runner, but he has no second gear.

Eh I kind of disagree. Hilliard has made some plays for us particularly in the passing game and I think he picked up a big 1st down on a draw on 3rd and 17 in 2009 that was an impressive piece of running, he just has not had many opportunities with Ricky, Ronnie, and Cobbs ahead of him. I think D. Williams, Hilliard, and Sheets would be a pretty solid backfield and we could focus on other areas, like regaining our offesnive line play from '08 and '09.

5.0 yds/car career average, I'd take him. I think Hillard needs more playing time as well, I think he has some play making ability.

I dont understand why people get excited about guys that barely make the team. Theres a reason he wasn't playing above Ricky, Ronnie or Cobbs....its because hes not that good.

Thank you......he killed me when I took him in my Fantasy Football league....way too inconsistent. There are other guys I would pursue.

He killed you in fantasy because the Panthers line can't block for s***, and they have no qb. Defenses were all over him And he still had the talent to break through on occasion. Put Ricky or Ronnie on that team and I dont think they would gain any yards.

DeAngelo Williams is a definite upgrade over any RBs currently in Miami

I dont get how people are saying they dont want him since he's "injury prone"

He has only had 1 year where he missed a significant amount of games.

If you dont count this past season he has only missed 6 games in 3 years.

Saying Williams is injury prone is like claiming Troy Polamalu is injury prone just because of last year.

I dont understand why people get excited about guys that barely make the team. Theres a reason he wasn't playing above Ricky, Ronnie or Cobbs....its because hes not that good.

Yeah and that's why Bess was never drafted, he just wasn't that good huh? Oh and that's probably why the Jets cut Woodhead, because he just wasn't that good huh? That's also probably why Drew Bledsoe was starting ahead of Brady, becuase Brady just would never be that good huh? Only problem with your argument is that it's been proven wrong time and time again.

If you look at his 2010 numbers, even though he was hurt he surely did regress. Now he had some instability in the QB play and blocking but so did Miami and could be a reason why R&R didn't produce much either.

Eh I kind of disagree. Hilliard has made some plays for us particularly in the passing game and I think he picked up a big 1st down on a draw on 3rd and 17 in 2009 that was an impressive piece of running, he just has not had many opportunities with Ricky, Ronnie, and Cobbs ahead of him. I think D. Williams, Hilliard, and Sheets would be a pretty solid backfield and we could focus on other areas, like regaining our offesnive line play from '08 and '09.

I cant disagree with this post. That was a good run he had, but it was also a wide open hole that he hit hard and ran straight through. If you go back and look, he ran straight ahead to get the first down. I dont remember him having to break too many tackles to get there. He does have speed, but more times than not,have I seen him go down way to easily.

I think jerome harrison is available. Best option and prob comes cheap. He's who I want, guys top 12back in the league...with oc coordinator from clev now here expect that name to be linked to miami.

OMG did you just say top 12 back in the league????

For starters, its definitely not true and you can base this on performances, statistics, or personal preference.
Secondly didn't he miss like all of last year? Sure he had great numbers with a limited number of games towards the end of a season TWO years ago but how much of that was his skill and how much was it the lack of QB that CLE had, Joe Thomas and Co for an O-Line, and most importantly the THEN inferior defeneses of JAC, OAK, and KC???

Even if DeAngelo was "injury prone" there was an overwhelming amount of support in favor of keeping Ronnie Brown who conformed to that claim WAAAAAY more.

Yeah and that's why Bess was never drafted, he just wasn't that good huh? Oh and that's probably why the Jets cut Woodhead, because he just wasn't that good huh? That's also probably why Drew Bledsoe was starting ahead of Brady, becuase Brady just would never be that good huh? Only problem with your argument is that it's been proven wrong time and time again.

You're giving me 3 examples....please don't call that time and time again.

Also, there are tons and tons of guys that were pedestrian (far outnumbering the good in the Brady's and Bess's of the world).....just like Hillard is.

Back
Top Bottom