NFL upholds Brady's suspension | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL upholds Brady's suspension

Alright, fess up, who is the registered user to #1patfan. :chuckle:

Well at least we can finally move on, we all know Brady cheated, he got what he deserved. We're lucky he's been able to cheat for so long and not get caught til now. Go Pats!

Not trolling, I'm all about winning, that's why I love the Pats, they do anything to win ethical or not, usually not but it's all good

Soooooo, the arrogant Brady refuses to let them read any emails responsive to the matter, refuses to let them read texts responsive to the matter, and the NFL even said that Brady's attorney would be the one to select and send those emails and texts. Then when he is interviewed he destroys his cell phone. Then he claims he does that all the time, even though he still has the previous cell phone in tact and undestroyed ... so he destroyed only the one with the texts from the relevant time period and did NOT destroy the one from earlier .... hmmmm.

Then he appeals the ruling despite offering no new evidence and still not cooperating with the league. He kinda sounds like Wesley Snipes when he told the IRS, "Do you know who I am? I'm BLADE!" ... to which they replied that he still owed his taxes.

The sheer arrogance of the Patriots and Brady. It's unfathomable. Who knows whether he will win in court or not, but in the court of public opinion he is losing more and more with each passing day. He should have taken the suspension, sat out the 4 meaningless early season games, and shined his Super Bowl ring. Instead, he cements his reputation as an arrogant man and cheater every day this stays in the mainstream media.

To quote Terrell Owens, "Get your popcorn."

Not sure how that outcome would ever come about. Not sure why the judge would care about the cell phone records. He is just deciding if Brady got a fair shot at overturning suspension.
Thats the only thing that will be judged. the judge is not retrying the whole deflategate case nor should he. It is a logical arguement that Goodall should not be an arbitrator in his own decision. That being said the NFLPA let that absurd language in the new contract so not sure it will get overturned

As to Goodell being an arbiter there is a lot of credence behind that. Firstly, the NFLPA wanted three things in the collective bargaining process and they got all 3: 1) a bigger slice of the money, 2) watered down penalties for things like substance abuse and criminal behavior, and 3) less actual football work in the form of longer offseason and less padded practices etc. They got all 3.

The owners wanted Goodell to have this power. They gave up a lot to get it, and it would be ludicrous to suggest that one side give up their biggest win in the collective bargaining process because ... well .... the other side didn't want to give it to them.

In a court of law, sometimes there are mistrials. Cases get re-heard. When they do, they go back to the same judge. Typically, appeals to a higher court are heard by different judges because no judge sits on two different courts. But, it isn't uncommon for the same judge to hear a retrial. Given the intense negotiations very recently that the owners did to get that kind of power into Goodell's hands .... it should be expected and obvious that he would hear the appeal.

Otherwise, it would be kinda like having a winning lottery ticket and not turning it in because your neighbors forgot to buy their own tickets. Of course not. You turn that ticket in ... it's the very reason you bought it in the first place.

Will the courts find that due process was granted? Will the evidence be deemed sufficient to prove the ruling? Will the punishment be deemed reasonable? Not sure ... but I'm certain the courts will have no problem with Goodell hearing the appeal, regardless of what they think of the process or ruling.

:lol: Well played, Sir. I'm pretty sure we a few rival dopplegangers in here as well, but so be it. :chuckle:

I'm also just browsing the Patriot Planet boards free of charge. Your soul is the price, of course, if you choose so otherwise.

Here's the longest running thread available that started 5.19.15 - http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69893

And one from today's ruling - http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=70085

[video=youtube_share;3ZlXdw8gML8]http://youtu.be/3ZlXdw8gML8[/video]

They should have given him more games after learning about the destroyed phone.

CLBvuJdVAAAP2In.jpg

Brady's response

I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either.
Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable.
I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.
Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.
To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.
I authorized the NFLPA to make a settlement offer to the NFL so that we could avoid going to court and put this inconsequential issue behind us as we move forward into this season. The discipline was upheld without any counter offer. I respect the Commissioners authority, but he also has to respect the CBA and my rights as a private citizen. I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight.
Lastly, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support of family, friends and our fans who have supported me since the false accusations were made after the AFC Championship game. I look forward to the opportunity to resume playing with my teammates and winning more games for the New England Patriots.
https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady?fref=ts

Liar, liar , pants on fire

Composed by his sleazy atty. He's already trying to litigate the case in the court of public opinion.
No one outside Pats nation believes him.

Brady and Patriots have jumped the shark.

Talk about negative karma.....the course of the Bambino is reborn.

Back
Top Bottom