Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

Theres plenty to compare here are their numbers through 4 years of play
Player A 62.3%comp% 12127 yards 79 TD's and 53ints 6.8y/a 84.7qb rating 4.4td% and 3int%
Player B 63.7%comp% 15161 yards 94 TD's and 54ints 7.0y/a 88.8qb rating 4.4td% and 2.5int%

Can you see which one exudes confidence, winning, leadership and production?

I've asked you about how Tomlinson's 70 TD's (in the 4 years he played with Brees) impacted the Brees/Chargers winning during the Brees era and you just avoided it so let me help you out.

Fun fact the Chargers from 2002-2005 in games where they rush for 100 yards or less went 1-19 thats a win% of 0.050. In games where the rushing offense only scored 1 TD they went 10-16. Please tell me how Brees exudes confidence, winning, leadership and production.

What he was with the Chargers and what he is with the Saints are 2 different QB's. While I don't dispute that Brees after leaving the Chargers has been an elite QB HOF caliber QB it is nonsense to say his time with the Chargers is not comparable to Tannehills first 4-5 years.

It's equally ignorant to proclaim that he is just a winner who wins when he had 3 consecutive losing seasons with the Saints prior to 2017. What happened in 2017? The Saints got themselves a top 10 defense. The saints went 11-5 with Brees throwing the fewest amount of yards since 2005 and the fewest amount of TD's since 2003.
I’m not going to even debate this train wreck. You want to compare Brees first four years to RT. Heck let’s throw in Steve Young as well.

There is simply no limit to who you will compare RT to. There’s not a single GM on the planet who would bat an eye on this decision.

RT is so far removed from a Drew Brees level it’s comical. But keep pulling stats to prove your point, a pointless effort for anyone who knows football.

Any chance you have their high school stats?

And a final thought.

I wonder what Fins record would look like over the 77 games RT started if Drew Brees was the starter. Same crappy line. Same chitty coaching. Identical receivers. Exact playbooks.

I will tell you this: a whole helluva lot better than 37-40.

RT will go down with his own pile of excuses. Time to get plan B rolling.

I’m not going to even debate this train wreck. You want to compare Brees first four years to RT. Heck let’s throw in Steve Young as well.

There is simply no limit to who you will compare RT to. There’s not a single GM on the planet who would bat an eye on this decision.

RT is so far removed from a Drew Brees level it’s comical. But keep pulling stats to prove your point, a pointless effort for anyone who knows football.

Any chance you have their high school stats?

And a final thought.

I wonder what Fins record would look like over the 77 games RT started if Drew Brees was the starter. Same crappy line. Same chitty coaching. Identical receivers. Exact playbooks.

I will tell you this: a whole helluva lot better than 37-40.

RT will go down with his own pile of excuses. Time to get plan B rolling.

Still no comment on Tomlinson's impact Brees/Chargers losing record when his all world HB has a bad game? Yeah, I guess I would avoid that too if it hurt my argument.

No need to wonder about Brees being here and how that would impact his overall record he's 11-35 with the chargers having a bad run game as i've already stated. The Saints are .407 when they rush for less than 100 yards from 2006-2017. From 2006-2017 the Dolphins have the 6th fewest 100 yard games in the NFL with 98, you can do the math. Thats not even factoring in crappy line, crap coaching, bad WR's etc.

Last edited:
Still no comment on Tomlinson's impact Brees/Chargers losing record when his all world HB has a bad game? Yeah, I guess I would avoid that too if it hurt my argument.

No need to wonder about Brees being here and how that would impact his overall record he's 11-35 with the chargers having a bad run game as i've already stated. The Saints are .407 when they rush for less than 100 yards from 2006-2017. From 2006-2017 the Dolphins have the 6th fewest 100 yard games in the NFL with 98, you can do the math. Thats not even factoring in crappy line, crap coaching, bad WR's etc.
How can Brees be 11-35 with the Chargers when they have a bad run game when his overall record with the Chargers is 30-28?

This is all just more “the QB is irrelevant in the NFL and his win loss record is dependent only on his supporting cast” BS.

You draw on W-L when it’s convenient such as RT and his .650 record at A&M. Did you do the research into his supporting cast and what impacted his wins and losses? Maybe RT had little to do with it.

You can’t have this both ways.

Of course LT helped. It’s a team game. So did Ajayis monster year in RTs epic 2016.

Are you trying to say RT is a better or even on par QB with Brees? To line up their first four years, and say they are same, is a complete pipe dream because guess what. RT will NOT come close to Brees career arc. Ever.

How can Brees be 11-35 with the Chargers when they have a bad run game when his overall record with the Chargers is 30-28?

This is all just more “the QB is irrelevant in the NFL and his win loss record is dependent only on his supporting cast” BS.

You draw on W-L when it’s convenient such as RT and his .650 record at A&M. Did you do the research into his supporting cast and what impacted his wins and losses? Maybe RT had little to do with it.

You can’t have this both ways.

Of course LT helped. It’s a team game. So did Ajayis monster year in RTs epic 2016.

Are you trying to say RT is a better or even on par QB with Brees? To line up their first four years, and say they are same, is a complete pipe dream because guess what. RT will NOT come close to Brees career arc. Ever.

Yes I see my mistake I added the games where his run game had less than 100 yards and the games where his run game only had 1 TD when in reality some of those are the same games. So to rephrase the Chargers went 1-19 when they didn't reach 100 yards rushing between 02-05

QB is extremely relevant I don't believe i've said otherwise but clearly looking at Brees the past 4 years his winning record in 2017 was a direct result of having a top 10 defense and his 3 consecutive losing seasons before that was a result of not having a good enough team. Do you disagree with that?

I draw on W-L because one of your extremist buddies said Tannehill was a loser in college, he's been a loser his entire career, post #81 in this thread. Than another one compared his win% to Henne in post#134. I draw on people spouting misinformation.

Exactly it is a team game thats the point. Nothing more. That's why Brees went 21-26 between 2014-16 before going 11-5 in 2017. That's why the Dolphins went 3-0 in Ajayi's 3 monster game.

I said in my previous post that Brees is an elite HOF QB, since i've made no mention that Tannehill is any of those things no I dont think Tanne is better than Brees or on par. I'm saying Brees is very comparable with Tannehill through 5 years. Clearly Brees progressed further after 5 years.

Do I think Tannehill will ever reach Brees level, nope. Could he? I would never say definitively no because I don't believe in definitive statements about the future. Maybe you can tell the future and knew what Brees would become but nobody outside of you knew Brees would explode the way he did after 5 years worth of play.

In the end when judging a QB based solely on the teams W-L record is just lazy. Not saying you but for the people who constantly bring that up.

Last edited:
I can't imagine loving Ryan Tannehill enough to go back and look up Drew Brees stats from the past 15-20 years to compare/defend him. I gotta give it to you guys, you're loyal af. Props for that

Last edited:
I don't think Tannehill is Brees re-incarnated...

Can he be a solid starter? Definitely...he's showed flashes in 2016...

Can he be a Brees level starter? Probably not, but he wouldn't need to be in order for us to win games, especially if we had parts around him....we saw that in 2016.

I said in my previous post that Brees is an elite HOF QB, since i've made no mention that Tannehill is any of those things no I dont think Tanne is better than Brees or on par. I'm saying Brees is very comparable with Tannehill through 5 years. Clearly Brees progressed further after 5 years.

Do I think Tannehill will ever reach Brees level, nope. Could he? I would never say definitively no because I don't believe in definitive statements about the future. Maybe you can tell the future and knew what Brees would become but nobody outside of you knew Brees would explode the way he did after 5 years worth of play.

In the end when judging a QB based solely on the teams W-L record is just lazy. Not saying you but for the people who constantly bring that up.

Nice ownage.

I don't think Tannehill is Brees re-incarnated...

Can he be a solid starter? Definitely...he's showed flashes in 2016...

Can he be a Brees level starter? Probably not, but he wouldn't need to be in order for us to win games, especially if we had parts around him....we saw that in 2016.

And people fail to make the connection that there are many QBs that are not at Brees' level that have won just as many or more SBs as Brees. (and Rodgers for that matter).

Back
Top Bottom