Nick Saban Gets His Title | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban Gets His Title

I think he just realized that he couldn't talk to grown men like little kids, and he didn't like that.

I am not a Saban hater and glad his tenure only lasted two years. The guy is a great college coach. His controlling style just doesn't go well in the NFL. It is one thing to be a Nicktator to a bunch of kids (19-22) who have just left home for the first time, don't have any money and are in transition to becoming an adult. That same style doesn't work when you are dealing with men, many who are married, have kids, and make just as much as the coach does and have been around.

I wanted Texas but I almost thought watching Saban get the Gatorade bath was worth Alabama winning. Looked like Saban was going to go down for the count :)

Shannon is the reason we have the talent we have...

Competeting with Florida and Fla state as well as South Florida is no picnic..

Saban has Auburn to compete with...

Saban is a better coach I will give you that..He is a great coach..But i can still hate him

Even tho Texas would have won if Mccoy did not get hurt..

Our QB played with 3 broke ribs..McCoy,and I understand,didn't want to risk his NFL future.
The game would been played different on both sides..Texas might have
won or it might have a worse beatdown.We'LL never know.
That fresman will be better than Colt..he is bigger ans a stronger arm.
Colt would not last taking hits in the SEC week after week.
I worry about him in the NFL.

Title should say.............

Nick Saban gets his 2nd title. Get it right. Saban is the man.

Yeah, I was pissed at Nick too at the beginning, but let it go. He came to the NFL to give it a shot, and then realized it wasn't for him. What was he supposed to do? Stay in Miami and sacrifice his happiness? He is a college coach, realized that after 2 years in Miami and went back. Is there any doubt now he made the right decision for himself and his family?

Yeah, he lied at that press conference. What was he supposed to say in the middle of the season? "Yeah, I'm going to Alabama and the NFL isn't for me"? Sure he could have handled it better, but I don't begrudge the guy anymore.

It really wasn't what he did. Rather, it was how he went about it that still bothers me. For the most part, I've let it go. Still, I don't miss an opportunity to salute the TV w/ 1 finger every time they show his image on the screen.

The thing I'll ALWAYS remember him for is questioning Zach Thomas' manhood.

at first i was pissed off, but now who cares, just proves he couldn't cut it with the big boys

You're 100% correct. Nothing to be gained by dwelling on his weakness in character. We have moved on and we are in much better hands with the Trifecta. However, to give him credit - Saban is a great college coach.

All im wondering is how is he going to mess Alabama up now. He screwed over Michigan State then he screwed over LSU then the Dolphins and now its Alabamas turn. I really wonder where he will be coaching in the next 2 years.

Our QB played with 3 broke ribs..McCoy,and I understand,didn't want to risk his NFL future.
The game would been played different on both sides..Texas might have
won or it might have a worse beatdown.We'LL never know.
That fresman will be better than Colt..he is bigger ans a stronger arm.
Colt would not last taking hits in the SEC week after week.
I worry about him in the NFL.

IMO if a Tru Freshman Qb slices and dices your team than a seasoned college qb would have made them look worse..

That kid is going to be good..I turned it off after the 1st half..then I realized they were driving and turned it back on...

Gotta give that kid a ton of credit..Not taking anythign away from Bama but they were cleary the 2nd best team...

Injuries are apart of the game.. But losing Colt was huge...

Colt said he could not feel his arm...thats why he did not play..
its hard to throw without your throwing arm..ask Chad Pennington...

All im wondering is how is he going to mess Alabama up now. He screwed over Michigan State then he screwed over LSU then the Dolphins and now its Alabamas turn. I really wonder where he will be coaching in the next 2 years.

Whats the word for a person who picks up and leaves at the first sign of adversity in a situation?

Coward?

Randy Shannon helped raise his younger sibblings..even tho Saban is a better coach Shannon teaches the kids from the U how to be men and press on when things get down...

He relates to the kids from the area thats why he recruits them..Dont worry Semiholes and Gayders....Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere..

Damn you Nick Saban. Even after winning the NC he shows he is a miserable human bieng. He gets the Gatorade shower & still doesn't crack a smile. SOB looked like he wanted to take away the scholarship for the kids who dunked on him. My hatred for this guy just got amped up a few more notches. I wouldn't spit on this guy if he was on fire. His whole schtick was "accountability & perseverance". Well, at the first sign of trouble, he ran for the hills like the hillbilly he is.

He's already been told to kiss off at some of the local So Fla high schools. When he does come here to recruit, he needs to say to the guy: I'm a good college coach but I'm a liar too.

The Canes have gotten better..

We have had some bad coaches win Titles here..

Larry Coker...Lol

Shannon has made some bad choices but the team is young, hungry and full of winners..

Randy does have some things to workout to be "the man" like Howard, Jimmy, & Dennis. He is a great recruiter but he will definitely be on the hot seat in 2010. Saban won it in his 3rd yr but U can't compare the situation @ Alabama vs Miami.

IMO if a Tru Freshman Qb slices and dices your team than a seasoned college qb would have made them look worse..

That kid is going to be good..I turned it off after the 1st half..then I realized they were driving and turned it back on...

Gotta give that kid a ton of credit..Not taking anythign away from Bama but they were cleary the 2nd best team...

Injuries are apart of the game.. But losing Colt was huge...

Colt said he could not feel his arm...thats why he did not play..
its hard to throw without your throwing arm..ask Chad Pennington...[/quote]

Did you not watch the changes in coverages when Garrett went in?
It went to all man to man and straight vanilla blitzs..all he had to do
was remain poised and throw the ball.
We would have not done that if McCoy had been playing.
I agree,Garrett is going to make Texas fans forget all about Colt.
I think he is going to be great. Tuff S.O.B also. Did you see the hits
he was taking and getting back up? Very impressed with him.

It really wasn't what he did. Rather, it was how he went about it that still bothers me. ...The thing I'll ALWAYS remember him for is questioning Zach Thomas' manhood.

Agree w/that 100%. Hey if U r not happy in your job, leave but don't jerk everybody around & don't lie to peoples faces. Have U guys heard some of the horror stories that came out Davie about this guy? He freaking chewed out some secretary for complimenting him!!! He had some "henchman" named Scott O'Brien that used to go around telling people, don't talk to Coach unless he talks to you. What a gigantic A-hole this guy is w/delusions of grandeur! I have more respect for Wannstedt than Saban because at least he stood up in front of everybody when he left\got fired. This flim-flam man just tucked tail & ran.

And to question Zach?!!? What an idiot. Zach stayed here thru good & bad & didn't run like u, Nick.

Back
Top Bottom