Nick Saban Gets His Title | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban Gets His Title

Yeah, I was pissed at Nick too at the beginning, but let it go. He came to the NFL to give it a shot, and then realized it wasn't for him. What was he supposed to do? Stay in Miami and sacrifice his happiness? He is a college coach, realized that after 2 years in Miami and went back. Is there any doubt now he made the right decision for himself and his family?

Yeah, he lied at that press conference. What was he supposed to say in the middle of the season? "Yeah, I'm going to Alabama and the NFL isn't for me"? Sure he could have handled it better, but I don't begrudge the guy anymore.

I don’t think anyone’s really mad about the lying. Nobody expected him to confess at the lectrn during presser. No, what most Phin fans are still furious about, is the WAY he left and what happened in the wake of his cowardly departure.

He scampered off like a scared rabbit. Then, instead of being a man about it and addressing the team and asst. coaches face to face, he called the coaches on a conference call while on his way to the airport.

Lil’Nicki is and always be a sniveling little coward who isn’t man enough to take it.

Now let’s move to the lost season under Cam “Ginn’s great family” Cameron. The Phins were 1 , ONE play away from going 0-16.

Whats the word for a person who picks up and leaves at the first sign of adversity in a situation?

Coward?

Randy Shannon helped raise his younger sibblings..even tho Saban is a better coach Shannon teaches the kids from the U how to be men and press on when things get down...

He relates to the kids from the area thats why he recruits them..Dont worry Semiholes and Gayders....Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere..

"Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere"...

You REALLY couldn't have said it any better...:lol:

Whats the word for a person who picks up and leaves at the first sign of adversity in a situation?

Coward?

Randy Shannon helped raise his younger sibblings..even tho Saban is a better coach Shannon teaches the kids from the U how to be men and press on when things get down...

He relates to the kids from the area thats why he recruits them..Dont worry Semiholes and Gayders....Canes are still here and we aint going anywhere..

Well, you certainly hit a homern with that comment. As long as Randy Shannon is driving this short bus, we're stuck in the hamster wheel of fail. 'Canes are going NOWHERE.

Randy does have some things to workout to be "the man" like Howard, Jimmy, & Dennis. He is a great recruiter but he will definitely be on the hot seat in 2010. Saban won it in his 3rd yr but U can't compare the situation @ Alabama vs Miami.

Randy Shannon is an average recruiter.

Then why has he been getting top rated classes for the last 3 years...?

Because its the U of Miami. a average coach can get great recruits
there,a great coach can build a dynasty there.

Then why has he been getting top rated classes for the last 3 years...?

Take a look at his class this season. It's below average. Not one five-star recruit. Yeah, he's building depth but we still need playmakers. He's not getting them. He's handling some kids the wrong way as well.

Take Michalee Harris. He's currently committed to Louisville sitting right in our backyard at Miami Northwestern. Miami and Miami Northwesten have a GREAT relationship. They've sent us kids for YEARS. Harris is a stud. But since he's committed to Louisville, Shannon has stopped communications with him. It's his "You're either with us now or never." And Harris has even said he's still interested in Miami and would like to visit. Shannon says, "Nope." Shannon didn't even offer local stud running back Jahkari Gore. Why? It's not like we're deep at running back now. Javarris is done. Coop is probably out for 2010. Lee Chambers will transfer soon (you can thank me when that news becomes public). Damien Berry is here for another year. And we have redshirt freshman Lamar Miller. After that.....? Why let Jahkari get out of state when he repeatedly said he wanted to be at Miami and was waiting for an offer? Jahkari never got one and now he's at LSU.

This is the mark of a great recruiter? This? He lost his only five-star recruit, Louis Nix, to effing Notre Dame when Notre Dame didn't even have a coach. Shannon was being out-recruited a couple of weeks ago by empty desks in Tallahassee. Florida State was without a defensive coordinator and Bobby Bowden had just stepped down and that's when they landed that stud linebacker Jeff Luc. Shannon's recruiting philosophies need to change a little in my opinion. This isn't the 1980 Hurricane teams. This is really no different than Bobby Knight saying he won't recruit one and done kids to play for his basketball team. And that's why if Bobby Knight ever comes back, he'll miss out on kids such as John Wall and Derrick Rose and he'll never win anything.

Because its the U of Miami. a average coach can get great recruits
there,a great coach can build a dynasty there.

C'mon Subby! U telling me that the coach has nothing to do w/it? Do U think Bowden got the recruits for FSU just because of FSU's name? Bowden went in there to seal the deal on recruits because recruits & their parents trusted Bowden the individual as well as the school. I know U Randy haters like to throw him under the bus for everything but give the man some credit.

C'mon Subby! U telling me that the coach has nothing to do w/it? Do U think Bowden got the recruits for FSU just because of FSU's name? Bowden went in there to seal the deal on recruits because recruits & their parents trusted Bowden the individual as well as the school. I know U Randy haters like to throw him under the bus for everything but give the man some credit.

yes the coach has alot to do with,so does the assit. coaches.
Some schools are going to get great recruits no matter who is there,
Miami is one of those schools.
I don't hate Randy, i think he is a fine human being,but to me he is
Ron Zook II.
Having great recruits and pulling it together are two different things.
I just think Miami deserves a great coach.
College football is better when all the big boys,Bama,Miami,FSU,Fla
USC,Mich.and so on are great at the same time.
Most of the big schools get good/great classes year after year.
Coaching them is whats the differance.

When Randy earns it, he'll get it from me. As of now, he's letting garbage programs like Clemson and North Carolina embarrass him. How the hell we lost to North Carolina this season is beyond me. I'm just waiting for Shannon to finally win some meaningless Poulan Pro Weed Eater Bowl so I can finally give the man some credit. At this point, I feel bad for him.

yes the coach has alot to do with,so does the assit. coaches.
Some schools are going to get great recruits no matter who is there,
Miami is one of those schools.
I don't hate Randy, i think he is a fine human being,but to me he is
Ron Zook II.
Having great recruits and pulling it together are two different things.
I just think Miami deserves a great coach.
College football is better when all the big boys,Bama,Miami,FSU,Fla
USC,Mich.and so on are great at the same time.
Most of the big schools get good/great classes year after year.
Coaching them is whats the differance.

There's nothing wrong with Randy as a person. He's a great person. He's very genuine, very respectful and never has anything negative to say. He rose up from a lot as a kid. But he's an awful coach. He fails to adjust to today's kids and today's game. That's why he's still running that Cover 2 defense. Miami deserves so much better.

Subby, JCane... 2010 should be a telling year for the U. Good schedule. Should be AT LEAST ACC CHAMP.

I don't know. I'm more concerned with our schedule for 2010 than I was last season.

@ Ohio State
@ Pittsburgh
@ Georgia Tech
@ Clemson (one of the toughest stadiums to win in)
Florida State (much improved)
Virginia Tech (always tough)
North Carolina (Butch will run circles around Rarry Shoker again)

Nothing like taking the trophy to your local Wal-mart after the win. (photo is from peopleofwalmart.com)

802-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom