NL Mvp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NL Mvp

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
How do you NOT give the NL MVP award to Soriano? He and Pujlous have the same numbers pretty much but Soriano has 27 SB's and will finish 30-30 or 40-40. Last place team and all, but damn how do you not give it to him if he ends up 40-40??

This might be the bizzario world year where a DH and a guy on a last place team take home the MVP's.

I still think a Jeter hitting over .350 with 30 steals and 100 runs and 100 RBI's and a gold glove year, on a 1st place team takes it home in the AL. And if St.Louis passes the Mets for BEST RECORD in NL, Pujlos will take it. But damn its gonna be close.

Um how about NL rbi leader, entering today, carlos beltran? Or d wright? Yeah i may be a mets homer but their stats are every bit as good as soriano's plus they have more rbi and better batting averages. If its not Beltran or wright its pujols without a doubt.

You should never give the MVP to a guy on a last place team IMO

All it does is show that all that matters is individual numbers nowdays and not the team anymore

Alex44 said:

All it does is show that all that matters is individual numbers nowdays and not the team anymore

the only time a player on a non-playoff team should win the MVP award is if he was heads and shoulders above everybody else individually (see A-Rod in 2003). Which is why I feel Barry Bonds should not have won that last MVP award (when Beltre,Pujols,Rolen,and Edmonds all had better seasons and were on playoff teams).

Right now IMO the NL MVP is Beltran

MikeO said:
How do you NOT give the NL MVP award to Soriano? He and Pujlous have the same numbers pretty much but Soriano has 27 SB's and will finish 30-30 or 40-40. Last place team and all, but damn how do you not give it to him if he ends up 40-40??

This might be the bizzario world year where a DH and a guy on a last place team take home the MVP's.

I still think a Jeter hitting over .350 with 30 steals and 100 runs and 100 RBI's and a gold glove year, on a 1st place team takes it home in the AL. And if St.Louis passes the Mets for BEST RECORD in NL, Pujlos will take it. But damn its gonna be close.

Soriano has a case but then again the question remains what good is he if his team doesn't make the playoffs? Then again ARod got it when his team were 20 games out or so. Pujols will probably win the award because when the year is over you know what you'll get. Beltran will probably come in 2nd if I'd have to guess but he'll probably come the closest to winning. Having Wright split votes will hurt him.

As far as Jeter he has an arguement but a lot could happen. He is 33 RBIs away from 100 but his HR total won't impress the voters enough because after all the voters love seeing those HR and RBI totals. And Jeter shouldn't be the gold glove winner. He'll probably win the award because it's all about the big names and the award is pretty much a joke anyway but Alex Gonzalez is a lot better defensively all around than Jeter.

Alex44 said:

but its not his fault the team is in last place. Do you punish a guy for that? And the MVP is a total indivual stat award to begin with.

Alex44 said:

No thats just saying that the MVP should go to the bestplayer on the best team thats what thats saying.

Boik14 said:
Um how about NL rbi leader, entering today, carlos beltran? Or d wright? Yeah i may be a mets homer but their stats are every bit as good as soriano's plus they have more rbi and better batting averages. If its not Beltran or wright its pujols without a doubt.

Wright is 10 home runs off the pace of Soriano, Beltran, and Pujlos.

Beltran's AVG is only .280 while Soriano and Pujlos are at or near .300.

Beltran is a clear 3rd in the running behind Soriano and Pujlos.

1. Albert Pujols
2. David Wright
3. Ryan Howard

AL MVP .....Big Pappi in a landslide.

Perfect23 said:
No thats just saying that the MVP should go to the bestplayer on the best team thats what thats saying.

You know what MVP stands for correct? Most Valuable Player

In order to be that you need to help your team win, not just put up individual numbers, whether that comes on the field or in the clubhouse it doesnt matter, you need the numbers, the team, and the leadership

My vote goes to Pujols, no-one else fills the description in the NL

Alex44 said:
You know what MVP stands for correct? Most Valuable Player

In order to be that you need to help your team win, not just put up individual numbers, whether that comes on the field or in the clubhouse it doesnt matter, you need the numbers, the team, and the leadership

My vote goes to Pujols, no-one else fills the description in the NL

Yeah exactly its M.V.P. Most valuable player Not M.V.T. most valuable team

Alex44 said:
What exactly has Soriano been valuable to this year? Losing?

look at the team he is on the nationals Livan hernandez not the best year of his carrer there bbullpen isnt very good and he is the only reason they have wins nick johnson not that good jose vidro used to be good and there outfield he is the only good outfielder out there he is leading the majors in outfield assists but yet is value has been losing dont blame him blame the nats.

Perfect23 said:
look at the team he is on the nationals Livan hernandez not the best year of his carrer there bbullpen isnt very good and he is the only reason they have wins nick johnson not that good jose vidro used to be good and there outfield he is the only good outfielder out there he is leading the majors in outfield assists but yet is value has been losing dont blame him blame the nats.

That doesnt answer the question

Who has he been valuable to this year? No-one, his team is losing

You shouldnt win MVP if you team isnt good at all, its not fair to the rest of the great players who actually help theirs win

Back
Top Bottom