No Calvin Ridley reunion this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Calvin Ridley reunion this year

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

I can imagine theres alot of players who do that. I mean, i wouldnt doubt it lol

So let’s look at this
Dumb mistake 1
Betting on games with inside knowledge and possibly the ability to affect the outcome of the games (note the word possibly)
Dumb mistake 2
Getting caught

These games are the ones that could be proved, the only ones? Possibly not
Is he the only one
Probably not

Ridley is dumb for putting himself in this position, no doubt. But if I'm being honest, I think the severity of the suspension is a joke.

You know what makes fans doubt the integrity of the game? Terrible part-time officiating that is inconsistent from game to game, crew to crew. Or scandals like DeflateGate or SpyGate. You know what doesn't make me question the integrity of the game? Ridley dropping $1500 on games he had nothing to do with.

According to what's been reported, Ridley only placed bets during a five-day period. He had already taken a leave of absence from the team for mental health reasons. He only bet a total of $1500. He bet on his team, the Falcons, to win. There's no evidence to suggest his teammates or coaches knew what he was doing. There is no evidence insider information was used. And when the NFL called him about this, he immediately sat down for an interview and admitted what he did.

Ray Rice gets two games for cold c*cking his fiancé in the face, but Ridley gets an entire season for this? It's a joke, but par for the course for the NFL, which handles gambling and smoking pot more seriously than it does domestic violence or general thuggery.

Ridley is dumb for putting himself in this position, no doubt. But if I'm being honest, I think the severity of the suspension is a joke.

You know what makes fans doubt the integrity of the game? Terrible part-time officiating that is inconsistent from game to game, crew to crew. Or scandals like DeflateGate or SpyGate. You know what doesn't make me question the integrity of the game? Ridley dropping $1500 on games he had nothing to do with.

According to what's been reported, Ridley only placed bets during a five-day period. He had already taken a leave of absence from the team for mental health reasons. He only bet a total of $1500. He bet on his team, the Falcons, to win. There's no evidence to suggest his teammates or coaches knew what he was doing. There is no evidence insider information was used. And when the NFL called him about this, he immediately sat down for an interview and admitted what he did.

Ray Rice gets two games for cold c*cking his fiancé in the face, but Ridley gets an entire season for this? It's a joke, but par for the course for the NFL, which handles gambling and smoking pot more seriously than it does domestic violence or general thuggery.
Ray Rice ended up losing his career for that incident, which he should have.

Ridley knew the rule against betting on games and he decided to violate the rule. It doesn’t matter how much he bet or who he bet on , he violated the rule and I’m sure the next player who decides to bet on an NFL game will think twice about it.

I do agree with you that domestic violence or other acts of violence in public should be viewed more seriously by the NFL. From my perspective, any player found guilty of domestic violence or other violent acts off the field should be banned permanently from the NFL.

As far as smoking pot is concerned. It should be legal for anyone 18 or older. period.

Honest question, why does it matter? Legitimately asking because I don’t know.

He wasn’t playing in the games. And if they’re going to say “well he could’ve made a deal with another player to alter the games outcome” then do they also prohibit players’ family and friends from betting? Because that logic could apply to them as well

A) bad look
B) same thing as insider knowledge

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for life because he bet on games. So Ridley should at least get a 3 year suspension because one year is nothing but a mild slap on the wrist.

Big difference is Rose was betting on the games he was managing

Goodell in a full bore "partnership with legalized gambling, has resettled a team in the gambling capital of The World, has overlooked complicit in murder individuals like Ray Lewis, corporal punishers of children and domestic batterers including Adrian Peterson,, etc and so on.

It's hard not to laugh when he uses "integrity of the game" as an excuse. I am so disgusted with Flores and the amen choir's acceptance of his BS, that if I were advising Ridley, I'd tell him to hire a private investigator to find caucasian betters (as Marcus Spears claims, many do it but don't get caught) and then throw up the magical race card to watch media galvanize and nfl league ****roaches scatter!

Big difference is Rose was betting on the games he was managing
No difference because both MLB and the NFL have rules which prohibit the players, managers, coaches, and anyone employed by the teams from betting on the games.

Anyone in professional or college sports found to be betting on games gives a bad look to the sport. He claims he only bet on the Falcons and only bet $1500 but how do we know that he didn’t bet more on other games.

Of course that’s why I would never bet on any game because it is too easy to fix a game if just a few players are in on the fix. I have never understood why anyone would bet on sports but to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom