No Calvin Ridley reunion this year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Calvin Ridley reunion this year

He might be coming to Miami to visit his family in the off season but I doubt the Dolphins are going to pay him the money he will want once the Cowboys either trade him or cut him.

I would love for the Dolphins to be able to sign him for $15 million a year but he will likely be looking for $18 million or more a year. With all their other needs, I just don’t see the Dolphins paying him that type of money.
I dont think hes going to be that much. look at his stats hes no Julio. 14/15 maybe even a little less might be possible

1) Yes it was wrong.
2) He should be punished.
3) Het actually bet $1,500.00
4) He bet on the Falcons to win in those bets.
Bottom line for me is, while it is against the rules to bet on games, I don't think the amount and the fact he bet on the Falcons to win, should have gotten a whole year's suspension. I think 10 games would have sufficed. Now if he bet on them to lose then yes a whole year. As stated earlier in this thread there have been players who have done way worst and gotten way less punishment.

I dont think hes going to be that much. look at his stats hes no Julio. 14/15 maybe even a little less might be possible
Julio isn’t Julio anymore. At this point in their careers, Cooper is a much better WR than Julio is. Jones was great when he was younger but all his injuries have caught up with him and he is only a shell of the player he was at the height of his career.

As I stated earlier, for anywhere $15 million and under, Cooper would be a great addition to the Dolphins. Yet top tier free agents are always overpaid in free agency and that’s why I think Cooper will get more than $17 million a year from some other team.

Ray Rice ended up losing his career for that incident, which he should have.

Ridley knew the rule against betting on games and he decided to violate the rule. It doesn’t matter how much he bet or who he bet on , he violated the rule and I’m sure the next player who decides to bet on an NFL game will think twice about it.

I do agree with you that domestic violence or other acts of violence in public should be viewed more seriously by the NFL. From my perspective, any player found guilty of domestic violence or other violent acts off the field should be banned permanently from the NFL.

As far as smoking pot is concerned. It should be legal for anyone 18 or older. period.
Yeah I'm not trying to give Ridley a pass here. He's a grown man. He knew the rules. He broke them. He deserves to be punished. And I suspect the NFL is sending a message here, and making an example out of him, given how lucrative and popular legal sports betting has become. It's a revenue stream for them that will only continue to grow and they need to make it clear to players not to jeopardize that.

I just think the suspension seems overly harsh, particularly when compared to more lenient suspensions handed down for far more serious offenses. In addition, I saw a statement where Goodell was talking about how this impacts the integrity of the game. I know what he's saying, and agree to a point, but I don't think that really has anything to do with what's happened here. It's just lip service.

Ridley betting $1500 on his team in games he's not playing while on a leave of absence doesn't impact the integrity of the game one iota. As a die hard fan who hasn't missed a Fins game in 15 years, and someone who bets on NFL games every week during the season, you wanna know what does actually make me question the integrity of the game? Piss poor officiating where games are decided on phantom PI flags late in the 4th, or even worse, taunting penalties where refs hip check players.

And yet when it comes to that stuff, Goodell and the NFL don't say jack, and they back their boys in stripes to the hilt. Meanwhile, a guy like Ridley places a couple inconsequential bets (seemingly while in the throes of a mental health crisis) and suddenly Goodell and the NFL talk a real big game about protecting the integrity of the sport. It's hypocritical horsesh*t.

Yeah I'm not trying to give Ridley a pass here. He's a grown man. He knew the rules. He broke them. He deserves to be punished. And I suspect the NFL is sending a message here, and making an example out of him, given how lucrative and popular legal sports betting has become. It's a revenue stream for them that will only continue to grow and they need to make it clear to players not to jeopardize that.

I just think the suspension seems overly harsh, particularly when compared to more lenient suspensions handed down for far more serious offenses. In addition, I saw a statement where Goodell was talking about how this impacts the integrity of the game. I know what he's saying, and agree to a point, but I don't think that really has anything to do with what's happened here. It's just lip service.

Ridley betting $1500 on his team in games he's not playing while on a leave of absence doesn't impact the integrity of the game one iota. As a die hard fan who hasn't missed a Fins game in 15 years, and someone who bets on NFL games every week during the season, you wanna know what does actually make me question the integrity of the game? Piss poor officiating where games are decided on phantom PI flags late in the 4th, or even worse, taunting penalties where refs hip check players.

And yet when it comes to that stuff, Goodell and the NFL don't say jack, and they back their boys in stripes to the hilt. Meanwhile, a guy like Ridley places a couple inconsequential bets (seemingly while in the throes of a mental health crisis) and suddenly Goodell and the NFL talk a real big game about protecting the integrity of the sport. It's hypocritical horsesh*t.
I understand where you are coming from. Yet as someone who never bets on sports or bets on anything but the stock market, I liked it better when there wasn’t legal betting on sports.
I realize that there has always been illegal sports betting but making it legal has only made it easier for millions more to lose their hard earned money.
I realize that the officials could be better but as a fan of the NFL since the 1950’s, I have always realized that human error is part of the game as it is in every sport. Personally I would like them to do away with the challenges to calls on the field because all it does most of the time is make the game longer.

I also believe they should do away with replays during the game. If you want to watch a replay, record the game and you can go back and watch it as much as you want to. As far as bad calls by the officials are concerned. They tend to even out over the course of a season for and against teams. So I just don’t get that upset with the referees.

Since you admit you bet on games, which is certainly your right. You view Ridley betting on games differently than I do. I just see it as him breaking a rule and the NFL taking action. If that prevents other players from betting on league games and risking losing their paycheck for the minimum of one year, I have no problem with that penalty.

As I stated earlier, players who are convicted of domestic violence, violent acts outside the game or sexual assault of any kind should be banned from playing in the league forever.

His career just crashed into a f***** mountain.

Julio isn’t Julio anymore. At this point in their careers, Cooper is a much better WR than Julio is. Jones was great when he was younger but all his injuries have caught up with him and he is only a shell of the player he was at the height of his career.

As I stated earlier, for anywhere $15 million and under, Cooper would be a great addition to the Dolphins. Yet top tier free agents are always overpaid in free agency and that’s why I think Cooper will get more than $17 million a year from some other team.
loool im not advocating for Julio, Im saying Cooper has not been as good as people think he has. People are impressed by his name and a couple splash plays but his numbers have been mediocre. I think Cooper will be around 14 million

So he bets on his team to lose then helps them to lose?. Yep we need guys like that in Miami

I'll take Cooper and his couple of splash plays, as we have had none last season.

Back
Top Bottom