No FA TE Signing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No FA TE Signing?

Receiving skills are strongly desired in TEs in Cameron's

offense. Mass. and Rader both are known more for their receiving skills than their blocking. Now Peele is known more for his blocking, and was with San Diego, so it may be that their is a desire to get both (receiver or blocker). But it is obvious Cameron liked what he had. It was a weak draft for TEs.

Lee2000 ps. a guy like Sutton at 6-6 could be used much like Cameron would use a receiving te.

Cam wants an elite TE and he will get one next year.

When are you guys going to come to and wake up. It was bad year for obtaining TE talent. They did an excellent job obtaining Martin.

We will get our star TE next year in free agency or the first day of the draft.

None of these names being thrown around are worth anything, and as far as drafting second day players or signing undrafted rookies, what the hell for?
We have 5 TE's on the roster and Rader has looked good and Peele is a decent backup.

I could not agree less with you. We "did an excellent job obtaining Martin"? Based on what? We have all seen the guys 7 year career numbers. What is excellent about any part of them? And being a backup to Franks doesn't count for anything. In fact, I am tired of seeing people write that because I am not thrilled with Bubba either. Doubt there was a large market for Martin so please don't write that any more.

Secondly, you don't think other positions will present themselves to be an issue this year? You don't think someone will underachieve or get injured at a more important position? You already have us with a TE in day one of the draft next year. Doubt the Dolphins are working that hard on determining which TE we will take on day one in next years draft. Also, why wait? Thats right, you already said this was a bad year for obtaining TE talent. Dude, there are only a few elite TE's. Give me a year when the market was flooded with elite TE's either in the draft or free agency.

FA's, you say the aren't worth anything, I say they don't cost anything. So why not bring someone in and take a closer look? Many other teams have. Scratch that! Many other teams with better TE's have! Here I will save you some time:

Anthony Pudewell - Nevada - Jaguars
Braden Jones - Southern Illinois - Vikings
Chad Upshaw - Buffalo - Panthers
Cody Boyd - Washington State - Steelers
Dan Murray - Connecticut - Jaguars
Daniel Coats - BYU - Bengals
Jake Nordin - Northern Illinois - Patriots
Joe Newton - Oregon State - Seahawks
Johnny Harline - BYU - Colts
Jon Hamlett - North Carolina - Falcons
Julius McClellan - North Carolina Central - Panthers
Kendrick Ballantyne - Northeastern - Ravens
Luke Smith-Anderson - Idaho - Texans
Matt Farbotko - Harvard - Colts
Michael Mathews - Georgia Tech - Giants
Marcus Freeman - Ravens
Rodney Hannah - Houston - Cowboys
Rudy Sylvan - Ohio - Lions
Steve Buches - Pittsburgh - Rams
Zach Herold - Nebraska Omaha - 49ers

All of these teams are stronger at TE than the mighty fish. Guess these teams found some "worth" in some of these names you claimed aren't "worth anything". So why bring in a FA?

Antonio Gates!

I really think Cam may use one of the many FBs on our roster as a TE, similar to a Chris Cooley for Washington. Otherwise, we're going to cut a lot of players. Teams usually don't even 2 FBs, and yet we signed an FA and drafted one. I think one of them will be a utility guy. And if it doesn't work out this year, then they'll draft a TE in the 2nd round next year

Even if Martin is *believed* to be the future, I don't understand why we didn't sign a few UDFA's to come in a compete. They're FREE to try out for goodness sake! What's wrong with a little competition?

becuz we alreadi have 5 TEs competeing, we dnt want 2 many or it my turn out likew r WRs did last year. they had no idea who 2 keep

cam is not a big tight end guy. In san diego he ran neal a lot more than a second tight end and he will do that again. only in this last season did he utilize the TE more with manumaleuna but he still prefers the FB

Im still bitter about letting Ben Patrick slip by with one of our 6th round picks!

This was a very weak draft class for TEs.
There are no quality TEs availible, so they signed whom they thought was their best option.

You can not address all your needs in one offseason. Be patient, Martin may very well be a good TE, he may not, we will see.

Peelle was better than McMichael last season. McMichael dropped too many balls and was barely active in the offense. In otherwords, he was performing like a back-up and his salary was too expensive for a back-up. With the o-line very shaky, the TE will have to block more than running routes and Martin, Peelle, and company are talented enough to do that.

And wasn't McMichael involve in a domestic issue a few times last season?
WOW! Doesn't anyone on this board call people out for making flat out WRONG, completely inaccurate, total non-sense posts anymore?

Peele= 16 catches, 116 yards
McMichael= 62 catches, 640 yards.

On what planet, in what universe is does that equate to Peele being better than McMichael?

Maybe you're just trying to be positive and defend your new coaches moves, but geez man, at least try to post something in the same zip code as factual.

WOW! Doesn't anyone on this board call people out for making flat out WRONG, completely inaccurate, total non-sense posts anymore?

Peele= 16 catches, 116 yards
McMichael= 62 catches, 640 yards.

On what planet, in what universe is does that equate to Peele being better than McMichael?

Maybe you're just trying to be positive and defend your new coaches moves, but geez man, at least try to post something in the same zip code as factual.

Bizzaro dolphin world. The same people act like MArtin is an upgrade even though he had barely that many catches in his career which has been 1 year longer tham Mcmichael.Peele is not very good at all.

JT is going to be our 3rd down TE this year. I got this from a personal conversation with Cam and Randy.

David Martin will surprise is he stays healthy...That's a big if though because that's what's held him back thus far in his career.

David Martin will surprise is he stays healthy...That's a big if though because that's what's held him back thus far in his career.

Well if he could not stay healthy for 7 years, odds are not good for this year either but hey maybe Yatil green will make a comeback.

Back
Top Bottom