No FA TE Signing? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No FA TE Signing?

Im still bitter about letting Ben Patrick slip by with one of our 6th round picks!

I know! When the draft ended and we had not selected a TE I thought they had a free agent signing up there sleeve. A TE that they loved, who they knew would not be drafted. So much for that theory!

WOW! Doesn't anyone on this board call people out for making flat out WRONG, completely inaccurate, total non-sense posts anymore?

Peele= 16 catches, 116 yards
McMichael= 62 catches, 640 yards.

On what planet, in what universe is does that equate to Peele being better than McMichael?

Maybe you're just trying to be positive and defend your new coaches moves, but geez man, at least try to post something in the same zip code as factual.
Sure we call them out. You just beat us to it! Iwas going to say "check out McMike's stats and rankings but you got him taken care of. Imagine that, a Bucs fan pulling a "dolphin's" fan card on of our own players.

Bizzaro dolphin world. The same people act like MArtin is an upgrade even though he had barely that many catches in his career which has been 1 year longer tham Mcmichael.Peele is not very good at all.
Nice to see that someone around here as a grip on reality. If the Bucs signed a guy who never caught more than 27 passes in a year, then cut a guy who hadn't caught fewer than 40 passes since he was a rookie, I would not be happy about it.

But if there is one thing Cam is proving good at, it's spitting in the Dolfans' collective faces and telling you all that it's raining.

I'm simply amazed at the number of people who believe him.

If the Bucs didn't have so many problems, Id feel bad for you guys. :(

Well if he could not stay healthy for 7 years, odds are not good for this year either but hey maybe Yatil green will make a comeback.

So he's the Kelly Campbell of TE's. How many times has he been injured?

So he's the Kelly Campbell of TE's. How many times has he been injured?

Well we are not counting on kelly campbell to be our starter. I'm not sure really but thats the excuse I see when you look at the small amount he has done.

Well we are not counting on kelly campbell to be our starter. I'm not sure really but thats the excuse I see when you look at the small amount he has done.

I see, he was a back up so I doubt he had alot of time to play to begin with.

I could not agree less with you. We "did an excellent job obtaining Martin"? Based on what? We have all seen the guys 7 year career numbers. What is excellent about any part of them? And being a backup to Franks doesn't count for anything. In fact, I am tired of seeing people write that because I am not thrilled with Bubba either. Doubt there was a large market for Martin so please don't write that any more.

Secondly, you don't think other positions will present themselves to be an issue this year? You don't think someone will underachieve or get injured at a more important position? You already have us with a TE in day one of the draft next year. Doubt the Dolphins are working that hard on determining which TE we will take on day one in next years draft. Also, why wait? Thats right, you already said this was a bad year for obtaining TE talent. Dude, there are only a few elite TE's. Give me a year when the market was flooded with elite TE's either in the draft or free agency.

FA's, you say the aren't worth anything, I say they don't cost anything. So why not bring someone in and take a closer look? Many other teams have. Scratch that! Many other teams with better TE's have! Here I will save you some time:

Anthony Pudewell - Nevada - Jaguars
Braden Jones - Southern Illinois - Vikings
Chad Upshaw - Buffalo - Panthers
Cody Boyd - Washington State - Steelers
Dan Murray - Connecticut - Jaguars
Daniel Coats - BYU - Bengals
Jake Nordin - Northern Illinois - Patriots
Joe Newton - Oregon State - Seahawks
Johnny Harline - BYU - Colts
Jon Hamlett - North Carolina - Falcons
Julius McClellan - North Carolina Central - Panthers
Kendrick Ballantyne - Northeastern - Ravens
Luke Smith-Anderson - Idaho - Texans
Matt Farbotko - Harvard - Colts
Michael Mathews - Georgia Tech - Giants
Marcus Freeman - Ravens
Rodney Hannah - Houston - Cowboys
Rudy Sylvan - Ohio - Lions
Steve Buches - Pittsburgh - Rams
Zach Herold - Nebraska Omaha - 49ers

All of these teams are stronger at TE than the mighty fish. Guess these teams found some "worth" in some of these names you claimed aren't "worth anything". So why bring in a FA?

Antonio Gates!

I was very surprised we didn't sign Joe Newton, Jonny Harline, Daniel Coats, Matt Trannon, Dan Murray, Matt Herian, Julius McClellan, Anthony Pudewell, Rodney Hannah, Cody Boyd, Zach Herold, Chad Upshaw, or Rudy Sylvan.

Braden Jones has off-the-field issues, and Mueller and Cameron seem to be steering clear of guys with any "character" concerns.

I don't think Samuel Smith from FIU has signed with anybody. But there again, maybe there's a "character" issue because he was suspended for that brawl with the Canes.

I'd never heard of Jake Nordin, Jon Hamlett, Kendrick Ballantyne, Luke Smith, Matt Farbotko, Michael Mathews, Marcus Freeman, or Steve Buches before I read your post.

The only thing I can figure: We weren't able to sign any of the guys we liked. And didn't consider any of the other guys an upgrade over the TEs we already have on our roster.

Anyone else concerned with TE?

Going into the start of the Cam Cam era I was particularly eager to see randy mcmike rebound to have a strong season, especially with the hope that in cam's offense mcmike would play a similar role as did A.Gates in SD. However once randy was let go my hopes turned to the draft. I was a little suprised the fins didnt take a TE on draft day but mauia might be molded into a pass catching TE. The only existing TE on the roster with any potential in my opinion was peele who did little last season but has been in Cams system from his days as a charger. Also i knew very little of david martin when the fins picked him up but everyone seems to have faith he can step in and contribute

Is this possible evidence that Cam does not gear his offense to TE's but had to since my 75 year old grandma is a better WR then what SD had? And Gates was the absolute best?

How much focus did he give to our WR's this offseason? A lot. It's evidence maybe Cam does tailor his offense to his personnel somewhat. There is a basic foundation that gets tailored towards what players he has.

Anybody resourceful can go through all his old offenses to see how much the TE was featured. I think with the better WR corps here he'll focus on that. Especially taking Ginn 9th.

Also i knew very little of david martin when the fins picked him up but everyone seems to have faith he can step in and contribute

Martin has gotten nothing but praise. With the combination of Martin being a converted WR, and lacking in the blocking department, and the aquisitions of Schlesinger and Mauia, it's safe to say Cameron has big plans to use Martin down the middle of the field. He may not be a major part but as long as he stays healthy, he'll have the opportunity to prove himself.

Spread em out baby!!!

I was very surprised we didn't sign Joe Newton, Jonny Harline, Daniel Coats, Matt Trannon, Dan Murray, Matt Herian, Julius McClellan, Anthony Pudewell, Rodney Hannah, Cody Boyd, Zach Herold, Chad Upshaw, or Rudy Sylvan.

Braden Jones has off-the-field issues, and Mueller and Cameron seem to be steering clear of guys with any "character" concerns.

I don't think Samuel Smith from FIU has signed with anybody. But there again, maybe there's a "character" issue because he was suspended for that brawl with the Canes.

I'd never heard of Jake Nordin, Jon Hamlett, Kendrick Ballantyne, Luke Smith, Matt Farbotko, Michael Mathews, Marcus Freeman, or Steve Buches before I read your post.

The only thing I can figure: We weren't able to sign any of the guys we liked. And didn't consider any of the other guys an upgrade over the TEs we already have on our roster.

Like them or not, that is a lot of TE talent we passed on!

Back
Top Bottom