Not many of us could even handle players offseason workouts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not many of us could even handle players offseason workouts

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
60153835.jpg

The best way to understand someone else is to walk a mile in their shoes.
It’s a challenge to empathize with the downside of being a professional athlete, but once you’ve spent three days recovering from one of their grueling workouts, things become clearer.
Empathy blooms.
It is easy to criticize NFL players for their performance, pay and conditioning, but how many of us could actually do what they do?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-kelly-column-xpe-sports-20170720-story.html

Good to know Branch and Maxwell are working that hard. Neither is that exciting of a player to have but both guys are solid glue guys. Depth, veteran leadership types who know how to do their jobs. For how much each of those guys make it's nice to know they are grinding away to continue to make that money.

For the record though, when I was in my early 30's I could hang with any workout you could throw at me. My current occupation and subsequent marriage/fatherhood has zapped me of all my available time and energy to workout.

Must be nice to make $8 million dollars a year. Not just because you can buy anything you want but because you have all the time in the world to also do what you want. Time is a very valuable commodity a lot of people just don't have enough of.

I love my wife and I love my son but boy do I miss fishing regularly.

Good to know Branch and Maxwell are working that hard. Neither is that exciting of a player to have but both guys are solid glue guys. Depth, veteran leadership types who know how to do their jobs. For how much each of those guys make it's nice to know they are grinding away to continue to make that money.

For the record though, when I was in my early 30's I could hang with any workout you could throw at me. My current occupation and subsequent marriage/fatherhood has zapped me of all my available time and energy to workout.

Must be nice to make $8 million dollars a year. Not just because you can buy anything you want but because you have all the time in the world to also do what you want. Time is a very valuable commodity a lot of people just don't have enough of.

I love my wife and I love my son but boy do I miss fishing regularly.

Maxwell and Branch are very underrated, quality football players. Expecting big things out of both of them this year, even if most of our fan base is not.

I could, and I know a lot of us could... I already workout 5-6 days a week, granted it's not on par with an NFL players workout regiment... but if it was my JOB, and thats all I had to do, and play the game I love on Sundays, while getting paid millions to do it? I wasn't blessed with freak athleticism though :/

We probably don't have the time to do these workouts either. I'm sure some of us could handle the workouts, but there is no way I could add any time on to what is already spent at the gym.

Doesnt Wake do something crazy like go to a parking lot and push around a semi truck or somehing. I know Walter Jones use to rent an H2 go to a parking lot in Alabama in the summer and push it around to work out. I mean some workouts are crazy but like others said if it was our job we could hang but others (look above) arent human so there is no comparison.

Wake says he hasn't had a carb in 10 years. Now obviously that's partly sarcastic as it's impossible not to have a carb but he clearly had a ridiculously strict diet with his kale smoothies.

If I got paid to workout I would. If my job required me to be jacked up and fast, I'd stay that way. I work in IT so my fat ass being a fat ass is acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom