Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

"The problem is we, as a lay public, don't really know the extent of his injury. The injury itself is one of the few true orthopedic emergencies; short of breaking a bone and having the bone stick out through the skin, which didn't happen -- that was the [Joe] Theismann injury -- for example," Levitt explained."

"It is all speculation because we really don't know the extent of the injury."

Levitt says that Tagovailoa will be no more vulnerable to a second dislocated hip than he was before Saturday's game.

"It is so rare. When you see all the major automobile accidents and sports injuries, it is really rare. The chances of him being back in the same situation again are so rare. Because he had the fracture the first time, if it heals with the plate and screws in place, it is actually a stronger socket in some respects, so I think his risks are not made greater because he had the fracture. This is really the case in high end athletes," Levitt said.

:ponder:

Sounds to me like everyone screaming from the top of the Finheaven Mountain about Tua being "injury prone" should their self-appointed Told Ya So Medal taken back.

I would absolutely still pursue Tua in the 2020 draft assuming he declares, and assuming his surgery/rehab go smoothly. The article is clearly speculation, but the few facts that are given are incredibly optimistic about both the future likelihood of re-injuring, the rarity and randomness of the injury, and the chances for him to have a successful NFL career.

In my opinion this is an awesome scenario for the Dolphins who now will not need the #1 overall pick if we do indeed have our eyes on Tua. Pending real information on the extent of his injury and how well it was handled since Saturday, I would still have Tua as my top QB target. Sorry, guess I'm just a hopeless Tua cult member.

Should we not get him or there is a lot of spooky concern about how the surgery went? Well, there is a deep class between Herbert, Fromm, Burrows etc...but Tua to me has still has the most elite combination of vision, ball-placement, nuanced pocket management and defensive manipulation, and overall arm strength/velocity. He's just a freakin gamer.

A reminder gentlemen. Discuss the thread topic and no each other

Calling out another member is considered a personal attack and could lead to a thread ban

Don't reply just follow the rules

Herbert with first pick and Tua with Steelers pick. Rest Tua a year, keep Fitz to coach them all up next year best one plays. Stack oline and defense with rest of picks and free agency. Win the Super Bowl, it’s that simple.

"The problem is we, as a lay public, don't really know the extent of his injury. The injury itself is one of the few true orthopedic emergencies; short of breaking a bone and having the bone stick out through the skin, which didn't happen -- that was the [Joe] Theismann injury -- for example," Levitt explained."

"It is all speculation because we really don't know the extent of the injury."

Levitt says that Tagovailoa will be no more vulnerable to a second dislocated hip than he was before Saturday's game.

"It is so rare. When you see all the major automobile accidents and sports injuries, it is really rare. The chances of him being back in the same situation again are so rare. Because he had the fracture the first time, if it heals with the plate and screws in place, it is actually a stronger socket in some respects, so I think his risks are not made greater because he had the fracture. This is really the case in high end athletes," Levitt said.

:ponder:

Sounds to me like everyone screaming from the top of the Finheaven Mountain about Tua being "injury prone" should their self-appointed Told Ya So Medal taken back.

I would absolutely still pursue Tua in the 2020 draft assuming he declares, and assuming his surgery/rehab go smoothly. The article is clearly speculation, but the few facts that are given are incredibly optimistic about both the future likelihood of re-injuring, the rarity and randomness of the injury, and the chances for him to have a successful NFL career.

In my opinion this is an awesome scenario for the Dolphins who now will not need the #1 overall pick if we do indeed have our eyes on Tua. Pending real information on the extent of his injury and how well it was handled since Saturday, I would still have Tua as my top QB target. Sorry, guess I'm just a hopeless Tua cult member.

Should we not get him or there is a lot of spooky concern about how the surgery went? Well, there is a deep class between Herbert, Fromm, Burrows etc...but Tua to me has still has the most elite combination of vision, ball-placement, nuanced pocket management and defensive manipulation, and overall arm strength/velocity. He's just a freakin gamer.
Then again, didn't we hear the same thing about his ankle? Then his other ankle?

The guy IS injury prone. It is what it is.

I'm returning their medals to them. :)

Glad to hear surgery went well. I want details. We gotta take a shot. Gotta draft this kid. With this injury, he has to drop to us. Yes, it’s a big risk, but Grier gambles like a boss. I say Hurts in the 3rd for insurance/back up/wildcat/Taysom Hill role. Fill in the rest of the draft with BPA with emphasis on OL and pass rush. Sprinkle in a later round RB (anyone, but Ballage).

I take Tua if its a full recovery even if he has to redshirt in 2020. We will learn more in the coming weeks and months.

I don't see a path for us to get higher than third in the draft. With Herbert and Burrow getting buzz as the first and second picks, it could work out, and we could keep all our picks.

Hasn't Herbert had just as many injuries? I mean nothing as serious as this one for Tua, but he's missed games multiple times right?

Oh, that last bit is certain. We’re not going to know anything for certain for a long time.

But...one of my favorites phases: The juice is worth the squeeze. Tua is absolutely worth the risk with one of the first round picks.

Now...and please listen to me here: There are people who will tell you that the worst case scenario is that the Dolphins spend a first round pick on Tua and he never plays a down and the Dolphins waste that pick.

And that’s a lie.

The worst case scenario is the Dolphins repeating the decision to pass on FA Drew Brees post-injury.

The worst case scenario is to not take your shot.

Because Holy **** would I rather take my shot and miss rather than not take that shot in the first place.

Thank you. That is light years the best post in the thread, or on the topic in general.

I'm not reading the early Tua articles. I believe in early evaluation of prospects but not early medical opinion in a situation like this, pre surgery and with so many unknowns. The doctors/experts putting things out there early are ones who have a tendency to do that and therefore have a big following...waiting for the release and dissection. That type can't afford to sit back and say I don't know, even when I don't know is proper. If you say I don't know then the flockers depart toward the experts who aren't reluctant to guess early.

The other positions are overvalued, at least in terms of plugging them piece by piece. Fans want to believe you have actually accomplished something via taking that linebacker or cornerback. Okay...check that off. But vastly more important is to establish an identity and have someone atop the front office who can make astute choices in every category all year long. The Ravens have the identity and have the sharp front office. Imagine if they had caved to public opinion and gotten rid of John Harbaugh at about this time last year. Now the identity is gone, or severely jeopardized at worst.

I like the looks of a lot of things the Dolphins are doing out there. The pass defense schemes are already noticeably improved, and I'm not referring to merely the secondary. There is no reason the Dolphins can't acquire league normalcy in finding competent offensive linemen deeper in the draft.

None of it really matters without the elite quarterback. Belichick would have been semi-nothing without Tom Brady, or a close approximation of Tom Brady. Nobody wants to believe that here, due to the desperation to demote Brady in favor of clinging to Dan Marino. History tends to sort things out extremely well. Brady will be known as the reason that dynasty happened. That is going to be crystal in a decade or so, once Brady is gone and the titles are a memory. Other elite quarterbacks will be winning Super Bowls. Credit assigned to the quarterback. They won't be winning 6 of them. It may be fashionable now to believe Bill Belichick will receive top credit for New England's run. That is ignoring real world situational realities. It is especially true if Belichick hangs on for several years beyond Brady and doesn't claim another ring.

I won't care at all if we draft Chase Young. Yeah, he might turn into a great player. Then what? We plug another position? Well that's wonderful. If we aggressively prioritize the quarterback position then I'll be paying attention.

you can wait until the third round for Hurts and I don’t think he can play at the NFL level but I like two of your three picks. You think Tyler B is better than Creed Humphrey?

I have a feeling people will start comparing Hurts to Jackson and they’ll be a run on him draft day. I’m not overly high on Hurts but I know the owner wants excitement that’s why I plugged him in with the 2nd pic. Would be great if he dropped into the second or third round though like your saying. As far as the centers I don’t think you can go wrong with either. This line needs a smash mouth toughness to them and that’s a good start with either.

Burrow just keeps performing at a high level. Fromm has looked awful again in this SEC champ game at half time, think one of the key skills for a game manager that he is is to be accurate. Much like last week and other games this season, he's 50% completion again, that int was a great play by Stingly but the ball was horrible thrown too, his wideout had no chance. Back to Burrow, the kid looks every inch a can't miss QB prospect, if we don't like Tua's health status then for me plan B is to give Cincy an offer they can't refuse.

Back
Top Bottom