NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Sorry if this was in the Yankees thread. I looked thru the last three pages and didn't see it. I'll merge if I missed.

Anyway, SportsCenter....citing the NY Daily News....says King George is expected to fire Yankees manager Joe Torre and replace him with Lou Pinella.

Just passing it along.

Espnews just said that too. Yankees need a change, that high payroll and out of the playoffs.

wow i wasn't expecting that at all, where do you think torre will land a job??? Cubs??

Nah, Torre will retire in my opinion. He's pretty old, and has tons of money.

I'm shocked by the news but really Torre has had his moments in the playoffs (good and bad) but this might be the best move for everyone involved.

Not sure if Pinella is the right guy but everyone knew if Torre got canned Louie would be the man.

Pinella is exactly what is needed.

a) He is very tight with AROD and maybe he can bring out the very best in AROD.

b) He is the exact opposite of Joe. He will shake things up. He will bring a different attitude to the clubhouse. 10 years ia long time on any job. After a while words you say lose their impact. That isn't a knock on Joe, its just a fact of life

I could see a possible Torre and Bonds honeymoon soon :)

Prime Time said:
I could see a possible Torre and Bonds match soon :)

where? It won't be in SF!

I'm not ready to throw Torre to the wolves. I'm going to have to sleep on this for a while but one thing I will say is that this team needs to get younger. Bye to Sheffield, Randy, Mussina, Bernie, and unfortunately A-Rod. A-Rod is not going to cut in the Bronx period. He's the first person who needs to go when the house cleaning begins. I gave him the benefit of the doubt everytime but now it's over. Screw Lou Pinella making A-Rod have to go, A-Rod gets shown the door before Torre IMO!

Prime Time said:

Cause Bonds is all but out of there.

The list of demands he gave the team was laughable. He removed his nameplate off his locker.

The guy was a royal jackass the final 2 weeks of the season (which for him is saying something). He all but burned his bridges with them.

Unless that front office sells their soul to get those 81 games sold out so people can fist fight over that record breaking home run ball, don't expect Bonds back in SF

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'm not ready to throw Torre to the wolves. I'm going to have to sleep on this for a while but one thing I will say is that this team needs to get younger. Bye to Sheffield, Randy, Mussina, Bernie, and unfortunately A-Rod. A-Rod is not going to cut in the Bronx period. He's the first person who needs to go when the house cleaning begins. I gave him the benefit of the doubt everytime but now it's over. Screw Lou Pinella making A-Rod have to go, A-Rod gets shown the door before Torre IMO!

I guarntee you if Pinella is brought in, his first demand is AROD stays.

They are very very VERY tight. Pinella won't take this job without AROD. Take THAT to the bank!

Back
Top Bottom