NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In

MikeO said:
I guarntee you if Pinella is brought in, his first demand is AROD stays.

They are very very VERY tight. Pinella won't take this job without AROD. Take THAT to the bank!

I'm not disputing that. I just think that Torre should stay and the Yankees should let Moose and Sheff walk, trade A-Rod, and buy out Randy Johnson and Jaret Wright. Then I think this team will be headed in the right direction!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'm not disputing that. I just think that Torre should stay and the Yankees should let Moose and Sheff walk, trade A-Rod, and buy out Randy Johnson and Jaret Wright. Then I think this team will be headed in the right direction!

Buying out Randy won't happen

Sheff and Wright are gone

Moose if the price is right will stay

And I think JOE TORRE will take the fall for this. Cashman ain't. He just got a big deal last year and got all the control. Not to mention he gave Joe all the pieces to win. Not much more Brian can do. Brian can't control the fact Pavano isn't healthy. Joe has had a nice 10 year ride here, but he's gonna take the fall for this I feel. Do they let him step down or do they fire him. I am sure the option of him stepping down will be given. ANd let's just leave it at that.

Muck said:
Sorry if this was in the Yankees thread. I looked thru the last three pages and didn't see it. I'll merge if I missed.

Anyway, SportsCenter....citing the NY Daily News....says King George is expected to fire Yankees manager Joe Torre and replace him with Lou Pinella.

Just passing it along.

it's to be expected, as long as ARod is gone I will be happy.

MikeO said:
Pinella is exactly what is needed.

a) He is very tight with AROD and maybe he can bring out the very best in AROD.

b) He is the exact opposite of Joe. He will shake things up. He will bring a different attitude to the clubhouse. 10 years ia long time on any job. After a while words you say lose their impact. That isn't a knock on Joe, its just a fact of life

Gee, you told me there is no way Torre is gone the other day?????

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Gee, you told me there is no way Torre is gone the other day?????

No, I said Joe T won't quit!!!

If they "fire him", while I am a little surprised, the way this Detroit series played out and his mis-management of it was huge. I didn't see that coming

I actually think Lou will get the best out of A-Rod for the reasons Mike said.

Also, a team of veterans needs someone who is tough on them. Lou's style didn't work with a bunch of young guys in their early 20's, but it will definatly work in the Bronx

Too bad for Torre.

Ive been a Tigers fan for the past 20 years, and have grown to pretty much hate the Yankees. Have enjoyed watching the Yankees though, when not playing the Tigers.

I think of Torre, as I do Leyland. "One of the good guys in baseball."

ChambersWI said:
I actually think Lou will get the best out of A-Rod for the reasons Mike said.

Also, a team of veterans needs someone who is tough on them. Lou's style didn't work with a bunch of young guys in their early 20's, but it will definatly work in the Bronx

you have it the opposite, an intense guy like Lou should work w/ young players who don't know any better but it will be tough to take for vet players set in their ways.

nyjunc said:
you have it the opposite, an intense guy like Lou should work w/ young players who don't know any better but it will be tough to take for vet players set in their ways.

Exactly. Lou starts that flipping out crap in the Bronx and he will be turned off real quick. I still say we should keep Torre. This post-season loss is not his fault and should fall directly on the shoulders of the players. Their needs to be changes to the roster and probably should have been a long time ago but all yesterday did was make you realize that it's got to happen now!

nyjunc said:

Can't you imagine Jeter making a base running mistake or fielding mistake and Pinella starts yelling at him? I wonder what Jeter would do. I'm not sure Pinella is the right guy for the job, but maybe the Yankees just need a good kick in the butt to get them going.

One thing to beaware of and I'm sure a lot of people already no this is that the Yankees need to interview some minorities for the managing job before they hire Pinella, unless they don't care about MLB fines. So expect names like Dusty Baker, Tony Pena etc to pop up as possible managers being interviewed.

dob72 said:
:lol: this just keeps getting better

This is a surprise.. I do agree that Pinella is a great manager that will shake it up a little different from the way Torre does things.. This is probably a great move for the Yanks, change starts with fresh blood..

MikeO said:
Cause Bonds is all but out of there.

The list of demands he gave the team was laughable. He removed his nameplate off his locker.

The guy was a royal jackass the final 2 weeks of the season (which for him is saying something). He all but burned his bridges with them.

Unless that front office sells their soul to get those 81 games sold out so people can fist fight over that record breaking home run ball, don't expect Bonds back in SF
id expect bonds in the AL cause i dont think he can take another season in the field...

Back
Top Bottom