NY Jets Punter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Jets Punter

Dolfan2788

Melubulongtime
Reaction score
I come from Australia and have been keeping a close eye on Ben Graham who recently got the starting job for the Jets as a punter.

It could mean trouble for us as well because he can punt a ball the length of a field regularly, do a "helicopter kick" which makes it hard for punt returners to catch it. He was also the first person to hit the dome roof in Australia, not to mention the only one and was nearly fined 5,000 dollars for doing it in a practise session.

He is also like having another tackler on ST for the Jets because he is 6'5" and 230 pounds and can lay a hit.

Yes indeedy!

We are very pleased that he got the starting job. In the pre-season so far, he has caused three fumbled recoveries out of like 10 kicks. He does put a spin on the ball that is just crazy.

Punt returners are going to have a lot to get used to while playing the Jets this year.

clear.gif

clear.gif

BZ

Dolfan2788 said:
I come from Australia and have been keeping a close eye on Ben Graham who recently got the starting job for the Jets as a punter.

It could mean trouble for us as well because he can punt a ball the length of a field regularly, do a "helicopter kick" which makes it hard for punt returners to catch it. He was also the first person to hit the dome roof in Australia, not to mention the only one and was nearly fined 5,000 dollars for doing it in a practise session.

He is also like having another tackler on ST for the Jets because he is 6'5" and 230 pounds and can lay a hit.
That's all great and all but when I watched him punt in preseason, I wasn't that impressed. Plus he didn't have to handle a snap there or have 9 guys rushing him. Also the ball is a little different. I am sure he will do fine, but a punter is nothing to be scared of....EVER!! Reggie Roby was huge too but I doubt anyone feared him tackling them....maybe getting hit in the eye with his watch but not tackling

Mcduffie81 said:
My thoughts exactly. :shakeno:

There is plenty of time to get scared. No worries mate, just wait till the Aussie Canon is pointed at YOU! :)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Punt returners are going to have a lot to get used to while playing the Jets this year.

... but then they will realize that Herm Edwards is coaching the team and be OK. :rofl3:

Sorry, the best punter in the league still wears a Bills uni.

Dirtywater said:
... but then they will realize that Herm Edwards is coaching the team and be OK. :rofl3:

We will see how B "The Monk" B does this year when he is surrounded by no talent.

BTW, how well did BB do his first four years of being a HC?

Thought so.

BZ

We'll see how this fair-dingkum-bloke does in the snow

...once a jolly swag man, camped by a bilabong,
under the shade of a kooliba tree...
and he sang as he watched and he waited till his billy boiled
you'll go a waltzing Matilda with me....

Crikey mate..whats all this slippery cold white stuff?!?!

Every team had a problem with him and preseason, and hell, our own returner did in TC and practice.

Crisis said:
Sorry, the best punter in the league still wears a Bills uni.

brian moorman? ha, i despise the raiders, but shane lechler is the best punter in the nfl, sorry

BwanaZulia said:
We will see how B "The Monk" B does this year when he is surrounded by no talent.

BTW, how well did BB do his first four years of being a HC?

Thought so.

BZ

How many rings does Herm have coaching, at any level?

How many does Belichick have total?

Thought so.

:lol:

Dirtywater said:
How many rings does Herm have coaching, at any level?

How many does Belichick have total?

Thought so.

:lol:

How many rings did BB have in his first 4 years? What was his record?

Thought so.

Compare apples to apples my friend.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom