NY Jets Punter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Jets Punter

BwanaZulia said:
How many rings did BB have in his first 4 years? What was his record?

Thought so.

Compare apples to apples my friend.

BZ

Try reading the entire post before you post more smarmy comments. I said in coaching total, so the answer would be 2. Belichick had 2 Super Bowl rings while coaching in Cleveland. So in comparing apples to apples the Answer is Belichick 2, Herm 0.

The current total is Belichick 5, Herm 0. The fact that you even are trying to defend Herm Edwards as being on Belichick's level is hysterical. My friend, Herm is not even on Norv Turner's level. Great preacher, average coach.

Thought so.

Dirtywater said:
Try reading the entire post before you post more smarmy comments. I said in coaching total, so the answer would be 2. Belichick had 2 Super Bowl rings while coaching in Cleveland. So in comparing apples to apples the Answer is Belichick 2, Herm 0.

The current total is Belichick 5, Herm 0. The fact that you even are trying to defend Herm Edwards as being on Belichick's level is hysterical. My friend, Herm is not even on Norv Turner's level. Great preacher, average coach.

Thought so.

I don't remember that

cnc66 said:
I don't remember that

He had 2 Super Bowl rings while coaching in Clevleand total. Both were won while he was a member of the coach staff with the Giants. Read the fine print, I am talking about total in coaching career. Herm has had none on any level of coaching.

Dirtywater said:
He had 2 Super Bowl rings while coaching in Clevleand total. Both were won while he was a member of the coach staff with the Giants. Read the fine print, I am talking about total in coaching career. Herm has had none on any level of coaching.

already had, brought with him to, wearing when he arrived... was what you meant, but did not say ? pretty weak DW, you had already won the argument or better, Bills record in comparison won the argument. Bill Belichick, World Champion, vs. Squirmin Herman cheerleader captain.

Wagon Circler said:
Umm, yes.

hes top five, but not the best,

*in no particular order*

scott player
shane lechler
darren bennet
chris hanson
those four are all better than moorman, sorry

cnc66 said:
already had, brought with him to, wearing when he arrived... was what you meant, but did not say ? pretty weak DW, you had already won the argument or better, Bills record in comparison won the argument. Bill Belichick, World Champion, vs. Squirmin Herman cheerleader captain.

There was no arguement to win, it was a fact stating session. Sorry I didn't live up to your standards. :D

raiderhaider said:
hes top five, but not the best,

*in no particular order*

scott player
shane lechler
darren bennet
chris hanson
those four are all better than moorman, sorry

So 4 warm weather and dome punters are better than him?

Moorman has the sickest corner coffin in the league, ask the Jets.

The things I got out of this thread:

Jet and Bill fans like to argue about punters...a riveting discussion.

Jet fans also like to compare Bill Belichek to Herm Edwards...I think they should go back to argueing about punters.

Dirtywater said:

Thought so.

You might want to do some reading as well. You didn't "compare" Herm to BB you just made fun of Herm, so that is why I defended him.

Nobody sane would compare what BB has done to what Herm has done to date, but what you were missing is what Herm has done out of the starting gate as HC compared to what BB did his first four years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach?id=2
1995 Cleveland Browns 16 5 11 0 .313 -- --
1994 Cleveland Browns 16 11 5 0 .688 1 1
1993 Cleveland Browns 16 7 9 0 .438 -- --
1992 Cleveland Browns 16 7 9 0 .438 -- --
1991 Cleveland Browns 16 6 10 0 .375 -- --

Impressive that he had one winning season and made it to the playoffs once in 5 years.

Now compare Herm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach?id=9

2004 New York Jets 16 10 6 0 .625 1 1
2003 New York Jets 16 6 10 0 .375 -- --
2002 New York Jets 16 9 7 0 .563 1 1
2001 New York Jets 16 10 6 0 .625 0 1
CAREER 4 years 64 35 29 0 .547 2 3

Is that 3 out of 4 years with winning records and 3 playoff spots? Hmm?

Again, I am not saying that BB is a bad coach or that Herm is better, what I am saying is that if you compare the starts of their HC career, you will see that Herm actually did better than BB. Who knows what another 20 years will bring.

BZ

unifiedtheory said:
The things I got out of this thread:

Jet and Bill fans like to argue about punters...a riveting discussion.

Jet fans also like to compare Bill Belichek to Herm Edwards...I think they should go back to argueing about punters.

I see you took your A's sig out. :rofl3:

BwanaZulia said:
You might want to do some reading as well. You didn't "compare" Herm to BB you just made fun of Herm, so that is why I defended him.

Nobody sane would compare what BB has done to what Herm has done to date, but what you were missing is what Herm has done out of the starting gate as HC compared to what BB did his first four years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach?id=2
1995 Cleveland Browns 16 5 11 0 .313 -- --
1994 Cleveland Browns 16 11 5 0 .688 1 1
1993 Cleveland Browns 16 7 9 0 .438 -- --
1992 Cleveland Browns 16 7 9 0 .438 -- --
1991 Cleveland Browns 16 6 10 0 .375 -- --

Impressive that he had one winning season and made it to the playoffs once in 5 years.

Now compare Herm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach?id=9

2004 New York Jets 16 10 6 0 .625 1 1
2003 New York Jets 16 6 10 0 .375 -- --
2002 New York Jets 16 9 7 0 .563 1 1
2001 New York Jets 16 10 6 0 .625 0 1
CAREER 4 years 64 35 29 0 .547 2 3

Is that 3 out of 4 years with winning records and 3 playoff spots? Hmm?

Again, I am not saying that BB is a bad coach or that Herm is better, what I am saying is that if you compare the starts of their HC career, you will see that Herm actually did better than BB. Who knows what another 20 years will bring.

BZ

Touche.

But, the personel that Herm inherited and has is far superior to that of what Belichick had. It's not as simple as Apples & Apples. All good though, I hear where you're coming from.

Dirtywater said:
Touche.

But, the personel that Herm inherited and has is far superior to that of what Belichick had. It's not as simple as Apples & Apples. All good though, I hear where you're coming from.

That is always the argument, but how much did BB get from Parcels? I mean, you can say that of any team and HC. In his 5th year though, he went 5-11, that is after putting his system in for 4 years, 4 drafts, etc.

Nobody is taking away from his accomplishments, but it is not like he was always this mad genius who came right out and won 3 SBs. He too had to do some learning as HC and another 5 years of NOT being HC.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom