O-Line May be the worst part of the team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line May be the worst part of the team

I'm surprised Tannehill made it through the end of the season. The oline does him no favors.

One other idea about Long and the OL. What about Long moving to RT and keeping Martin at LT? Would this have any impact in Long's health plus stabilize the OL?

The pass rush was on the Miami coaches too, especially Sherman. He SUCKS as a playcaller. Period. I thought the same thing at Texas A&M with his offenses. He's so predictable it allows the defense to jump all those short routes and allow the DLine time to get to the QB. Many of the sacks today were coverage sacks. The coaches also needed to help Garner more by putting Fasano over there to chip. They could do that with TEs or RBs on both sides and then slide those guys out into the flats. Bush wasn't used much in the pass game which is a HUGE mistake. The one time he was, he was WIDE open but Tannehill missed him.

We needed to run the ball more to keep the defense honest and allow for play-action. I realize we weren't averaging much per run early on, but you still have to stick with it. We don't have the OLine to become passing predictable.

The oline really was exposed for the first time with Jake Long not there. We need Big Jake to return to form and move Martin (hopefully much stronger after an off season in the weight room) back to RT. Pouncey is great and Incog got probowl recognition. Not sure why he's so unpopular on this site. Bring in 2 new guards and let them battle it out in camp and see who beats out Jerry or Incog. If an elite guard is there I might use a #2 or #3 to upgrade. The op is so right and Garner was awful. Tanny almost got killed and had no time at all to make a play. If your rookie QB has no time to throw, no push in the rungame and average to mediocre recievers to throw to and it's December and you're playing the Pats at home you get results like we saw today. Absolute crap. Much to fix and it was hard to watc

Bro we need improvement not status quo.

You really believe the offensive line minus Long is better? I understand letting him go because of his crazy demands for his new contract, but unless it's proven he will never be the same because of injury, an O-line without Long will not be as good, and will only give Miami yet another position they need to find talent at.

I honestly don't think the O-Line minus long is worse, or at least, it's not twelve million dollars per year worse. Bring in a right tackle to play across from Martin and use the $7 million in savings to pay Greg Jennings.

seriously… after 5yrs, and more cash spent on that crew than by any other team in the league during that time… great GM'ing there Jazzy Jeff… good job son

I honestly don't think the O-Line minus long is worse, or at least, it's not twelve million dollars per year worse. Bring in a right tackle to play across from Martin and use the $7 million in savings to pay Greg Jennings.

But that is the problem, get red of Long, and now you need to either keep Martin (Who needs to almost live in the weight room if he ever want's to survive at L-tackle in the NFL) at LT, and find a reliable R-tackle (Easier said then done.....Columbo), or Move Martin back to the right and get a stronger more exp L-tackle (Tougher in the draft or more expensive through FA).

I do not want Miami to pay Long even close to what he wants, but trust me, we lose Long, Miami will be weaker, and will have to add another position to it's already big grocery list.

Martin needs to hit the weights and go beast mode over the offseason. Clean bulk.

You really believe the offensive line minus Long is better? I understand letting him go because of his crazy demands for his new contract, but unless it's proven he will never be the same because of injury, an O-line without Long will not be as good, and will only give Miami yet another position they need to find talent at.
Can Jake stay healthy and earn that 10-15 million a year to protect Ryan? If not maybe it is time for the team to move in another direction. It is a real tough question that will have to be addressed in the near future bro.

This is what happens when you put bums like John Jerry and Jonathan Martin on a line together. They get crushed. Our line should be built like New England's. Thats how you build a line. Of course I wouldn't expect Jeff Ireland to know that.

I don't know what's worse: watching Tannehill get destroyed in fewer than 3 seconds, or watching Brady chill out with a picnic lunch and all day to throw in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom