O-Line May be the worst part of the team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line May be the worst part of the team

We r in luck boys, this years draft is ol heavy. This upcoming draft is the yr to add quality ol . Not popular but damn good yr for ol. Martin got bullrushed by a freaking corner, I think Shula would of cut him on the spot.

my gawd, im so embarrased at the patheticness that this gm has put together on our o-line, i just dont see how irelands job is safe??? someone, please explain it to me.

Its his first year yo, he needs time.

After watching today's game, I would no longer go psychotic if we draft an OT with our #12 pick, as long as we've already landed one of the prized FA WRs. If Matthews or Joeckel slip, snatch them. Those guys dominated Alabama. I hate to do it, but we have to protect RT. I think we will have better luck finding an oxplosive playmaking receiver through free agency; clearly Ireland cannot find a FA lineman to save his life.

Bush wasn't used much in the pass game which is a HUGE mistake. The one time he was, he was WIDE open but Tannehill missed him.

We needed to run the ball more to keep the defense honest and allow for play-action. I realize we weren't averaging much per run early on, but you still have to stick with it. We don't have the OLine to become passing predictable.

I agree with those two points in particular. We needed to line up in the I formation and find 15-18 rushes in the first half, even if the yardage was minimal. That's the only way the offensive line wasn't going to crumble in the second half.

The way we played it, it was like we were determined to get Tannehill hammered in the second half.

Reggie Bush was actually targeted on at least two throws. The first one was over the middle and was deflected away at the last second. Then Tannehill missed the deep throw when Reggie had maneuvered wide open.

That was a particularly nervous moment for the Reggie haters. You've got to laugh at how pathetic they are. They know damn well that one huge play ruins their flailing arguments. Minus the big plays they can happily claim that Reggie dances on every play, even last week when we ran hard on virtually every touch. Imagine their horror when Reggie popped wide open today. Luckily Tannehill overthrew it. And that's hysterical in itself. They can close their eyes to that play and insist Tannehill had nothing available all day, and that he played a fine game. They'll assign zero points to the roster, not Tannehill. If he'd hit that throw then Reggie has four touchdowns over the final two games, including a highlight play that was certain to make Sportscenter all night. Runaway tantrums. :lol:

After watching today's game, I would no longer go psychotic if we draft an OT with our #12 pick, as long as we've already landed one of the prized FA WRs. If Matthews or Joeckel slip, snatch them. Those guys dominated Alabama. I hate to do it, but we have to protect RT. I think we will have better luck finding an oxplosive playmaking receiver through free agency; clearly Ireland cannot find a FA lineman to save his life.

If he addresses the wide receiver position aggressively in free agency and also in the 2nd round of the draft (possibly even trying to trade up), I could live with taking a tackle at #12. But what in Jeff's history would lead anyone to believe that's what he will do?

Its all about Long's health. When healthy he is an all pro but who knows if he will ever be healthy again. I really struggle with this one.

You are correct, but in the right system. Long is not athletic enough for a WCO that incorporates a zone blocking scheme. I have no doubt Long will get healthy and go somewhere that his style fits and do well. He actually did ok in pass protection this season, but was horrid in run blocking and can get outside for screens and stratch plays. I like Big Jake, hell I even own a jersy of his, but he doesn't fit what they want to do in Miami.

You are correct, but in the right system. Long is not athletic enough for a WCO that incorporates a zone blocking scheme. I have no doubt Long will get healthy and go somewhere that his style fits and do well. He actually did ok in pass protection this season, but was horrid in run blocking and can get outside for screens and stratch plays. I like Big Jake, hell I even own a jersy of his, but he doesn't fit what they want to do in Miami.

Any Michigan fans out there? I'm pretty sure Michigan ran the zone blocking scheme when Jake was there.

Normally I would strongly disagree but given the lack of playmakers in this draft I would sign off on drafting an OT in the first.

Nice job by Ireland building this o line. At least he didn't spend a lot of money and high draft picks on it. If he did, we wouldn't have all those playmakers we have. Can't wait to see what gems he gets us this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom